Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Hi Marko,

I'm currently working on the interior in the hope to see eSim Games integrate it to the sim.

It's the result of about eight year of modeling and there's still a lot to do.

I'm pretty sure my friend who's working on a private mod for ArmA 2/3 will want that one as well (since he's simulating the entire weapon system).

I wish you luck with your project.

I have great respect for anybody who takes on such a highly technical task.

For god's sake get rid of the MG3 with the troops. They look so great now the weird generic MG just looks out of place. How about a M249 as an option or the M60?

A SIMPLE U.S. MLRS

A better first person view from a squadleader's position with ARMA-like troop orders regarding formations and behavior would be nice.

craters from arty (never going to happen probably, but had to ask)

OH-58D

rain and snow effects

Being able to detonate some mines with 7.62mm MG fire.

Having remnant unexploded DPICM bomblets left after a strike. NEVER do all these bomblets always explode. They make the area very hazardous through which to run tracked vehicles.

FAASV loading for M109s

American C&C vehicles

Tent complexes (TOC)

My dream of dreams would be any CREWABLE T-80 variant with an interior... but there's no reason to implement it except for the "coolness" factor.

Interior crew? ummmmmm...... it's too weird... no way to do it well. : )

American C&C vehicles

Tent complexes (TOC)

I usully don't chime in on the "more vehicles!!" requests, but I've kinda been hankering for an M577 too. Who wouldn't love to punch through the adversary's lines and shoot up a TOC?! :gun::yltype:

I usully don't chime in on the "more vehicles!!" requests, but I've kinda been hankering for an M577 too. Who wouldn't love to punch through the adversary's lines and shoot up a TOC?! :gun::yltype:

Isn't that what the M113G3 OPMV is for?

I'd like a CVR (W) Fox.

All the quirks of the Scimitar with none of the mobility.

:P

And you'd bang your head when you stand up inside. :)

Certainly a CP/TOC would be great with vehicles, annexes, cam nets, generators purring, etc. but as we found out in RT Mk1 it all counts to unit density.

So unless your scenario starts with the breakthrough pretty much already achieved, modelling CSS and C2 nodes can detract from the number of fighting units you can have.

A couple options for implementing ambushes besides just spawning units out of thin air might be nice:

1: A conditional waypoint option to have units turn their engines off unless they need to move. This one would be nice in general, even without the next one.

2: Another conditional waypoint option to camouflage units, which would turn the engines off as the above option and also cause the gunners to stop scanning with the turrets, add a penalty for enemy AI to spot them, and graphically make the models transparent enough as to be difficult, but not impossible, for players to spot them if the unit is properly hidden (on the edge of a forest for example.)

2: Another conditional waypoint option to camouflage units, which would turn the engines off as the above option and also cause the gunners to stop scanning with the turrets, add a penalty for enemy AI to spot them, and graphically make the models transparent enough as to be difficult, but not impossible, for players to spot them if the unit is properly hidden (on the edge of a forest for example.)

Well we certainly turn the main engine off but keep the aux power unit "on" so we can scan.

Also we doctrinally don't put nets up unless the notice to move is more than 30 (since it takes a good 20min+ to drop, unhook and stow nets.

So are we will willing to accept the benefit of greater concealment at the cost of say not being able to move for 25mins in the usual 90-120min mission?

Edited by Gibsonm

Leopard 2A7 would be a great edition in my humble opinion. Especially if eSim is able to use it as a selling point for KMWeg for them to use as a selling point for potential buyers.

"Hey KMWeggers, check out the Leo 2s in SBPro, want a 2A7 in the line up for your clients?..."

KMWeggers, "Hollez ja! Guten fraulein hosen ausziehen!"

... or something like that. :c:

Greetings to all the SB-Pro-Fans!

Last time I made a wish it was the T-55. Then it had become true and it was great and it is being great. Eventually when the PT-76 and the AMX-13 came in for the last big update my yaw literally dropped on the floor! Thank you SB-Pro-Team for keeping up the work!

As SB Pro improves further I would like to make some new wishes and suggestions for future larger updates:

Long version:

Infantry:

Trenches and Foxholes for the infantry, maybe some more fortified stuff! Including some camouflaged ones? Yes, the timeline that is covered by SB Pro includes extensive use of them. Even in a modern war they will be ditched / built. Extensive use of sandbags, wood, wire and flora included. Sandbags make me feel right at home as a former soldier.

The more time a skilled Infantry Unit has, the tougher it might get to strike through their lines of defence.

As there are no simulations or training softwares with realistic infantry combat as far as I know, I'd like to see further improvements to the infantry. The only simulation series I know that is some kind of outstanding in Infantry Combat is the ArmA-Series (the OFP-Successor). But let's face it, they are not quite realistic and they did not improve much throughout the series, especially when it comes to towns and villages or taking cover and using the environment. And let's not even talk about the AI or damage modell of the vehicles in the ArmA Series. Relenting to combat in buildings there is no simulation with only a glimpse of realism as far as I know. Of course this might be very difficult. For me SB Pro is the only software to simulate combat on solid soil properly. And SB Pro Scenarios are much less linear. In SB Pro one can program huge algorithms with events, waypoints, AND and OR. Time is the only bounding.

Handgrenades, Grenades and improvised Anti-Tank-Weapons (demolition charges) for the Infantry, including the AI to use them. This could be tough I guess?

To the MG3, M60, FN Minimi, M249, PKs,... etc. Yes, please seperate them with new models, so that their fire rates and other properties can be adjusted. Especially the fire rates are very important to me. Some firearms will go like "drrrrrr" with 1200 Shots per Second while producing an impulse that only allows short bursts like the MG3 and others go like "ratatata" like the M60 with 550 Shots per second which allows much longer bursts, etc... Then there are firearms like the M249 where one can sustain firing without seriously slipping away (recoil to weight, and so on...).

The AI should be able to use the small UAV and the GUV that can be attached to an Infantry-Squad. Or is this possible already and I did not find out how to?

Anti-Tank:

I would like to see the M40 106mm-Gun (that is in SB Pro already) as a version without a vehicle. For example as a moveable (slow) Anti-Tank-Squad. It should also look good in a fortified building or in a covered trench. If one likes to see it in action this film of the swiss army in the late 70's or early 80's shows exactly what I was talking about:

(not in English, sorry; the visuals are more important).

100mm and or 76mm Anti-Tank-Guns for older scenarios. As far as I know, they were still there for a long time during the cold war, even with newer versions. Although at present day I'm not sure, if anyone still has them at his disposal. Despite North Korea or some private or rebel army, maybe? They won't be absolutely useless, especially if the enemy only has a bunch of old T-55 or gunned 8x8's.

Vehicles:

More stuff. :)

Especially exotic or older units are very interesting, because I'd like to get behind their value when used properly. In former times, but also at present day.

For example the S-Tank STRV 103 S

There have been many concepts or discussions about the turrent and it's form. Some came up with very small turrets. There were disadvantages and advantages behind every concept. Sometimes even in cold war a tank without a turret was pushed into production.

And more Light Tanks like the IKV 91 would be great:

The Gepard, the Roland for Anti-Air and the Luchs Reconnaissance vehicle. And the Jagdpanzer 90mm Kanone (Tank hunter 90mm Cannon / Gun).

BTR-60 and BTR-70, because they are still in use over the world. The BTR-50 is great already.:clin:

M48 and M47, because they once were so important for the NATO!

M41, M551 Sheriden and M60A2. Well, this 152mm Gun is very interesting and it was a very innovative idea and leads to the discussion gun vs. missile!:) As we know today for MBT's pure guns and combinations succeeded.

The BTR-T and the AT-15 Tank Hunter for modern scenarios including the Armed Forces of Russia. The AT-15 with two rockets makes it very difficult for a reactive defensive system to locate the second one for shooting it down at the same time, I have read.

Helis:

Mi-8 for less modern armed forces or as a transport helicopter.:)

Close Air Support CAS:

Planes for CAS... Well maybe one day... I guess one at a time. Better to introduce something when it's finished then just throwing it in at alpha status.

Artillery:

The AI should be able to use the new Artillery-Units.

This might be far enough for far into the next decade!:gun:

Hopefully some of the features / units are worth for including them into SB Pro.

Thank You for reading!

EDIT:

Short version:

Sorry for posting that much. In Short:

- Foxholes and Trenches

- Improvements for the Infantry

- more Units, especially exotic ones like the S Tank

- M40 Recoiless Anti-Tank-Gun as an Infantry-Squad

- Seperation of the MG into MG3, M60, M249, PK,...

I hope this will meet the requirements for someone who does not want to read a novel.

By the end of June OK for you? :1:

You probably mean June 2020, right?:)

I would be glad to see only one feature of the mentioned. Since I had seen old SB in a store in the US when I was on vacation, I could not get my hands off it. :clin: That's roughly 10 years ago. Another ten years? Well, definitely!:gun:

As far as infantry digging fox holes, I thought they already did this, just not visually other than mostly disappearing into the terrain and being really hard to take out with small arms fire (except for the one carrying the machine gun).

As far as trenches, during the mission editor you can make trenches using vehicle emplacements, then during session planning you can move those vehicle emplacements within deployable zones.

I have noticed during certain missions like Operation Jack Knife there appears to be a line object for trench like depressions depicted in dark green (dark blue in map editor), but I am unsure where to find and implement that object. Selecting it in map editor returns a blank object.

I have noticed during certain missions like Operation Jack Knife there appears to be a line object for trench like depressions depicted in dark green (dark blue in map editor), but I am unsure where to find and implement that object. Selecting it in map editor returns a blank object.

That's a throw back to the earlier version.

The map used is a SB1 map.

As far as infantry digging fox holes, I thought they already did this, just not visually other than mostly disappearing into the terrain and being really hard to take out with small arms fire (except for the one carrying the machine gun).

Well they are in some way doing that. But it depends on the terrain theme sett by the creator (no, not god!) so in some scenarios they all lay flat on the surface and in some scenarios you hardly see the top of the helmet. So it can be adjusted to the scenario :)

/KT