Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

For the map editor:

A working undo function for roads and other objects.

Another nice one would be highlighting or some other visual indication that the cursor will effect a vertex on a line instead of the entire line itself, to avoid accidentally dragging an entire road when you meant to just adjust one vertex.

-New route/tactic order,similar to scout order:Advance until enemy contact is made, then engage if enemy can be destroyed, retreat if not.For example, CV-90 engange if he detects BMP and retreats if he is facing some T-XX.You can also add on the facing of the enemy(if he is on read or side) when diciding if engange or not.

-AI gunner is very very slow,especially at short distances,this is a big problem in MP games(not very bad in SP).Decrease his reaction time.

-Better infantry IA pathfinder,now IA goes crazy with walls

-AI OPFOR units without god-like situational awareness and Insta-Target Acquisition™ ..

Seriously ...trying to employ shoot'n scoot tactics with something like the Leo 1 , is an exercise in futility when the enemy engages you the split-second you crest a hill. Even if you ambush them from the flank or rear.

....Or maybe i just suck at Steel Beasts ? :confused:

AI is a tricky one. In many cases the AI is painfully slow in engaging targets. In cases when they seem to have supernatural target identifying ability they quite often have already spotted you and are tracking in your general direction anyway.

Seriously ...trying to employ shoot'n scoot tactics with something like the Leo 1 , is an exercise in futility when the enemy engages you the split-second you crest a hill. Even if you ambush them from the flank or rear.

....Or maybe i just suck at Steel Beasts ? :confused:

:confused: Hmmm,this is the oposite of what i have seen.More opinions?

Importan question about IA,their time of aiming is constant?, or increases with distance and if target is moving?

What I've seen runs the gamut, but I play on various difficulty settings and against enemies with varied capabilities. So, from my POV, everything seems to be working pretty well.

Although, I won't argue that battlesight engagements could be quicker when it comes to my own AI gunners.

Animated rain drops and water or dust on periscope or gun sight lenses would be very nice, along with dedicated wiper button :)

But i think this would require shader programming ( im not even sure is this engine capable of doing that, SSnake mentioned something , but it was long time ago..)

Animated rain drops and water or dust on periscope or gun sight lenses would be very nice, along with dedicated wiper button :)

But i think this would require shader programming ( im not even sure is this engine capable of doing that, SSnake mentioned something , but it was long time ago..)

steel beasts is partially shader enabled. the infantry animations are for example entirely shader-based.