Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I'm sure this has been asked for countless times already, but I'm already wishing for modelled crew members, especially witnessing how immersive it can be in SABOW. Whenever the hatches are unbuttoned and nothing pops up I get ghostly vibes haha.

I'm sure this has been asked for countless times already, but I'm already wishing for modelled crew members, especially witnessing how immersive it can be in SABOW. Whenever the hatches are unbuttoned and nothing pops up I get ghostly vibes haha.

Agree 100% The long pendent subject for SB.

Please Sir, may I put in another request for anti-tank ditches so I can use SRAAW against the exposed bellies? Maybe (if the coding is similar to a vehicle emplacement) I can do it with them, but sideways?

Well of course there is nothing stopping you from trying it to see if it gives you the outcome you are after.

Re-purposed tank scrapes maybe just what you are after.

I did try to use tank scrapes set sideways, but the tanks could climb through relatively easily, and the lack of a bund on the friendly side greatly reduced their exposure. The sides are sloped for stability, not as an obstacle.

I'm hoping that the coding for a tank ditch would be similar to that for a scrape, with steeper sides and a pile of "excavated earth" on one side.

Cheers,

ok, thought of another one, but might be far-fetched:

The ability in planning phase to select ammo load-out on a Bradley fighting vehicle. IE, load HE ready box with AP and AP ready box with HE. My platoon in both my deployments, some vehicles loaded AP heavy, (AP loaded on HE box) and some vehicles loaded HE heavy.

• Members

The requirement is there, but not with the highest priority. It's also a bit of a can of worms as computer-controlled crews would probably have to be made aware of all the secondary effects of gun fire - notably the cannon blast danger zone, sabot petal danger zone, ... and all that in a somewhat reliable fashion. That's quite a bit of work for one effect. Admittedly an important aspect, but maybe they have other means to educate crews about it and to train this (I doubt it, though).

If you are modelling those effects, you'd also probably need to include:

- The concussive and hearing effects of being in front of the muzzle when the gun is fired, and

- The burns danger from being in the turret's frontal arc when you pop smoke (don't think that's currently modeled) and

- The negative effects of being in front of the gun if Canister is fired (also can't remember if that's currently modeled or if it just affects enemy Infantry).

Nothing so exciting as a weapon system: but can we amend the coding for a Boundary so it can have multiple line segments? It seems we can only draw a complex boundary as a series of separate lines, and it makes the task unduly time-consuming. Alternatively, can we add text to an existing Line to clearly denote it as a Boundary?

Cheers,

Not quite what you are after but what I do is draw the "custom line" for most of it and then insert the "Boundary" where the straight part is.

You normally only have one or maybe two Boundary markers on a given edge of an AO, TAOR, etc. anyway.

For example:

14856216588_f364ae06f6_o.png

and lower down ...

14856158290_d6fc3aa0fd_o.png

Edited by Gibsonm