What I want :luxhello:

bv410_zps68cc5f28.jpg~original

Bv410

Troop version

Logistics version

AMB version

Command version

With:

either RWS (Norweign Kongsberg) or open ringmount, with 7.62, 12.7 and 40mm GL as option with a M249 or M240 in the back hatch. :gun:

Seconded.

Had no idea you fellas used those as well as us.

Seconded.

Had no idea you fellas used those as well as us.

Well to be fair we are not using "those". Bv410 is an updated version, increased length, 1 dm wider (If I remember correct). Sloped back door and a few other things and increased weight to 13ton normal and 16tons max loaded. But a Bv410 would work like a Viking in SB and a Viking would work as a Bv410 in SB... :)

We are just about to start using them, thats why you haven't heard much of them :) I finished my training on them last june together with officers who will go on and become instructors (thats where this picture is from, the one on the pic is my ride) and they are not scheduled to be passed on to the COY's until early next year.

They are "eartaged" for the engineers pretty much, a few ambulance versions will go to the Mech Bns CV90 Coys and a few command versions will go to the HQ regiment, besides that they are all Engineer assets :)

/KT

Guest Killjoy
Well to be fair we are not using "those". Bv410 is an updated version, increased length, 1 dm wider (If I remember correct). Sloped back door and a few other things and increased weight to 13ton normal and 16tons max loaded. But a Bv410 would work like a Viking in SB and a Viking would work as a Bv410 in SB... :)

We are just about to start using them, thats why you haven't heard much of them :) I finished my training on them last june together with officers who will go on and become instructors (thats where this picture is from, the one on the pic is my ride) and they are not scheduled to be passed on to the COY's until early next year.

They are "eartaged" for the engineers pretty much, a few ambulance versions will go to the Mech Bns CV90 Coys and a few command versions will go to the HQ regiment, besides that they are all Engineer assets :)

/KT

So what type of engineering asset would they be used as? ARV?

Nah. Combat engineers.

A Engineer battalion looks like this in Sweden:

1 x HQ/SUPPLY COY

1 x Wheeled (light)Combat engineer coy with 2 engineer platoons with Patrias and 1 HMEE platoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JCB_HMEE)

1 x Tracked (heavy) Combat engineer coy with 2 engineer platoons with Bv410 (right now PBV302, a swedish M113) and 1 platoon with Leopard 2 engineer version (it can dig, plow, drill etc)

1 x Machine/bridge Coy. those are the dudes who lay the long/Big bridges and have the caterpillars and whatnot.

1 x EOD/bombdudes. contains shitload of bombdudes in different setups, even divers who work underwater.

So in our heavy coy they will act as troop transport for the engineer platoons and also have a logistics version who carry material and mines for the platoons, and then more logistic versions in a supply squad and two command versions for the CO and medic version for the medics. What I don't know yet is how the technical version will look like with the LADs in it.

There is a ARV version of the Bv410 but sweden have not ordered it (yet atleast).

Guest Killjoy
Nah. Combat engineers.

A Engineer battalion looks like this in Sweden:

1 x HQ/SUPPLY COY

1 x Wheeled (light)Combat engineer coy with 2 engineer platoons with Patrias and 1 HMEE platoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JCB_HMEE)

1 x Tracked (heavy) Combat engineer coy with 2 engineer platoons with Bv410 (right now PBV302, a swedish M113) and 1 platoon with Leopard 2 engineer version (it can dig, plow, drill etc)

1 x Machine/bridge Coy. those are the dudes who lay the long/Big bridges and have the caterpillars and whatnot.

1 x EOD/bombdudes. contains shitload of bombdudes in different setups, even divers who work underwater.

So in our heavy coy they will act as troop transport for the engineer platoons and also have a logistics version who carry material and mines for the platoons, and then more logistic versions in a supply squad and two command versions for the CO and medic version for the medics. What I don't know yet is how the technical version will look like with the LADs in it.

There is a ARV version of the Bv410 but sweden have not ordered it (yet atleast).

Engineers with attitude. :gun:

I know the Commandos love the Viking style of vehicle. One thing I have noticed about the Bv and Viking is that they both use rubber tracks. That must be a nightmare to replace if ever a link did break.

You wont replace links on the tracks, you replace the entire track :luxhello:

With a good crew who actually think what they drive across the tracks can stay fresh for many many years. And when you need to replace one it doesn't take forever to do it. just throw the old one of, and on with the new one :luxhello:

Guest Killjoy
You wont replace links on the tracks, you replace the entire track :luxhello:

With a good crew who actually think what they drive across the tracks can stay fresh for many many years. And when you need to replace one it doesn't take forever to do it. just throw the old one of, and on with the new one :luxhello:

Ah! Not so diffucult then!

Friend of mine has an old WW2 Half Track, which has rubber tracks, and fixing that was a nightmare. Thought they were on the same page, but obviously they've improved.. which is probably a good thing!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm just about to download the new version and get back into Pro PE for the first time in a long while...

A few things that I'd like to see...

1. Something to use as a representation of the Leopard 1A4 with passive night sights like the PZB 200. Honestly, I would be perfectly happy to simply have a the current Leopard AS1 with an NVG style night sight option. I realize that the AS1 and 1A4 had very different fire control systems, however I want to point out that at this time the AS1 is commonly used as a 1A3/1A4 stand in. If all you do is copy it, rename it "Leopard 1A4", add a night vision mode like the Warrior has, and put some release notes calling it a quick and dirty stand in I would be happy. Failing that, perhaps the night sights could be an add on to the AS1 using the 'Optional Weapon' menu if that were possible?

2. A Leopard 2A0, again for use in cold war scenarios. I hope this would be easy to make using the 2A4 as a starting point?

3. For more modern scenarios, maybe we can get the CSAMM for the M1A1/A2 series as an optional weapon as well?

And finally, the ability to create user defined ammunition which is saved and distributed as part of a scenario file. Selecting "User Defined" as an ammunition type would allow the scenario designer to select from the pool of existing ammunition (of all calibers) and then, if desired, rename it, and adjust the penetration and muzzle velocity with a simple percentage adjustment. This then shows up in the scenario briefing with "User" instead of an introduction date.

This would allow users to select the closest existing round in performance, tweak it to what they thought was reasonable or required, and use it in their scenario, or simulate other vehicles we don't have yet. For example, take a T-55, select User Defined ammo options, choose 105mm ammunition as a template, instant Indian T-55A or Israeli Tiran-4Sh.

These would sure come in handy against those vicious Russian attack helos. Sure, the USA has the 25mm mounted on the M2 Bradley. But if something is beyond the range and moving fast...GOD HELP YOU! The M163 Vulcan and the Sgt York are obsolete but better than nothing. SB does not have Stinger missile teams either. Thankfully, airpower is not the name of the game but we have all seen how much a flight of attack helos can make the difference

Just an idea :clin:

These would sure come in handy against those vicious Russian attack helos. Sure, the USA has the 25mm mounted on the M2 Bradley. But if something is beyond the range and moving fast...GOD HELP YOU! The M163 Vulcan and the Sgt York are obsolete but better than nothing. SB does not have Stinger missile teams either. Thankfully, airpower is not the name of the game but we have all seen how much a flight of attack helos can make the difference

Just an idea :clin:

So just use 2S6, ZSU23/4, RBS 70 in lieu and dare I say "squint harder"?

Actually The Bradley is just fine depending on the time period. We used M2A2's with a mounted stinger team when the Vulcan was retired so from 93 until I retired in 98. We used to shoot RCMAT's at putlos annually and the 25mm was quite effective. I'd say fair representation in game would be the M3A2, just dismount the scout team when you see a helicopter. For more realism dismount them often and make them follow for a couple of thousand meters then let them back in, rinse and repeat :)

Brad

No not at all, same M242 no difference in ammo, types, storage or rate of fire. The Bradley stinger fighting vehicle was a stock M2A2 with the rear seats removed except 2, stinger rack in place of the TOW stowage with 4 stingers and a stinger BCU storage box on the driver side rear.

Brad

The biggest problem I see with the implementation of Stinger/IGLA and the like, is that you'd need some sort of integrated air-defence system.

From what I've seen of Stinger teams operate, they have to have someone tell them: there is an airthreat comming your way in X-minutes(or something that flies at higher altitude so they can see it long enough). Otherwise they have no time to get their missle ready. Esp. critical if you're against ground hugging helicopters.

The big advantage of RBS-70 and 2S6 is that they don't need prep time as they use SACLOS missles.

No not at all, same M242 no difference in ammo, types, storage or rate of fire. The Bradley stinger fighting vehicle was a stock M2A2 with the rear seats removed except 2, stinger rack in place of the TOW stowage with 4 stingers and a stinger BCU storage box on the driver side rear.

Brad

Ahh, ok, last I had heard about it I was told the 242 fired at a faster rate. Never been on the stinger one so cant say for sure.

By no means a top priority I'm sure but curious to understand if eSim have any plans to add crewable positions and/or dismounts to the Fennek? By adding crewable positions and/or dismounts you could use the current Fennek to represent the FO variant (with FO team) or Medium Range Anti-Tank (MRAT) variant (with Spike team).

Specific plans as in a dedicated roadmap - no; there's "bigger fish to fry" for us at the moment; you'll recognize it when you'll see it. But Fennek user nations might approach us to accelerate the project, who knows.

Thanks Ssnake, I thought as much. The 2016 major update sounds like one worth waiting for.