Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

hmmmm...

1276977867_leclerc_xxi_on_training_field_032_of_108.jpg

...Leclerc XXI

I guess someone has to pick up the ball, may as well be me.

*Sigh*

!!!Bouncing Roadwheels!!!!

Aaaahahahahaha!

*Goes and sits in the corner. Sobbing quietly.*

That remembers me that there will be a book about it coming out soon.

http://www.shop.kagero.pl/en/char-leclerc.html

Hang on a sec, I know this Monsieur Guillemain chap.......

I'd like to see how fast the Leclerc accelerates given its fancy gas turbine powered not-quite-a-supercharger.

Bet it would give a Leopard 1 and an M1A0 a run for its money.

A playable Jaguar!!

Hang on a sec, I know this Monsieur Guillemain chap.......

giphy.gif

I'd like to see how fast the Leclerc accelerates given its fancy gas turbine powered not-quite-a-supercharger.

Bet it would give a Leopard 1 and an M1A0 a run for its money.

Quite old but still... :

I5l1-CUsbAI

For a tank vs tank race, there is still the perfect scale modelbau video with the Leopard 2 vs Leclerc.

The ejector hatch on the T-72 flipping open like the T-62.

Do you need that since its primarily a combustible charge with only a small base plate left after firing (albeit a bit bigger than the 120mm NATO rounds)?

16162280893_929533543b_o.jpg

Its not like a T-54/T-55 or T-62 with one piece fixed ammunition and a large cartridge case left after firing.

Do you need that since its primarily a combustible charge with only a small base plate left after firing (albeit a bit bigger than the 120mm NATO rounds)?

Its not like a T-54/T-55 or T-62 with one piece fixed ammunition and a large cartridge case left after firing.

Ya, but as Grenny says:

Still, that baseplate gets ejected to the rear of the turret if I remember correctly.

Indeed, observe the Finnish Version of the T-72, the black and yellow striped area, that's the ejection hatch.

Yes but its a "blink and you miss it" thing, not like a 105mm or 115mm casing. :)

Indeed, but it still needs a way out. :)

I am primarily after is commonality.

That reminds me!

And the AMX-13, the Leclerc & the Sv103 when (if ever) they are implemented should/must/need the ejection hatch animated! (If these vehicles have one)

:bigsmile:

Wish: Ability to create functional bridges and overpasses in the editor, where its height is not at the mercy of the .hgt map. So that when a bridge is created over an existing road, it will straddle it automatically with enough clearance for the tallest vehicle in the inventory to pass through it (this, even on completely flat terrain). One of the most distracting and detracting things I'll see on maps is a street cutting flat across a highway or autobahn. Not only that, but the on and off ramps around it, while faithfully recreated, are rendered irrelevant.

I go to great lengths to avoid this "anomaly" myself and have been largely successful in creating functional overpass "clover leaves", but I think I've mostly been lucky with the map I'm currently using (Fulda). Even then, there are abstractions involved. For example, instead of laying a bridge where it's generally supposed to be in real life, I have to find suitable bridge endpoints where the two have about 7m of vertical difference between them. If I don't, there won't be enough clearance under it, or worse, the bridge will lay too close to or flat to the ground.

My next step would then be to carefully position the roads going under it so that they're not running directly into the pillars under the bridge. Finally, I would create on and off ramps which, as a result of the length of the bridge, are unrealistically lengthy themselves; looking almost like small race tracks (see picture below).

If I could offer a suggestion, I think the most straight forward one would be to include stock overpass intersections in the editor. Maybe two or three different kinds of them to accommodate various widths of existing roads going into and under them. All the user would have to do is place this pre-fabricated intersection on its desired location on the map and swivel it to its desired orientation.

Another suggestion would be to allow manipulation of the .hgt map. so that hills can be created artificially to provide elevated endpoints for a bridge.

Thanks for the consideration!

Here's a functional overpass I've created (WIP):

attachment.php?attachmentid=13637&stc=1&d=1426062023

Overpass.jpg.3253cbb1ce4d16e55ec0bcec35e

Overpass.jpg.3253cbb1ce4d16e55ec0bcec35e

Edited by Scrapper_511

I am primarily after is commonality.

So presumably you want the same effect for:

Bradley

ASLAV-25

ZSU-23/4

Tunguska

Any pintle mounted MG

Any pintle mounted AGL

Since they all eject the cartridge cases automatically outside the turret?

Then periodically (pretty much every time you stop to transfer ammunition within the tank) you'd need it for every Leo 1 variant, M-60, Centurion, basically any vehicle with single piece ammunition too. :)

And the AMX-13, .... when (if ever) they are implemented should/must/need the ejection hatch animated! (If these vehicles have one).

It is implemented. :)

So presumably you want the same effect for:

Bradley

ASLAV-25

ZSU-23/4

Tunguska

Any pintle mounted MG

Any pintle mounted AGL

Since they all eject the cartridge cases automatically outside the turret

Then periodically (pretty much every time you stop to transfer ammunition within the tank) you'd need it for every Leo 1 variant, M-60, Centurion, basically any vehicle with single piece ammunition too. :)?

Yes.

:)

It is implemented. :)

Huzzah! :)

And the AMX-13, the Leclerc & the Sv103 when (if ever) they are implemented should/must/need the ejection hatch animated! (If these vehicles have one)

:bigsmile:

There's none on the Leclerc.

The stub once shot out of the breach is deflected downward by a fabric piece. The stubs remains on a basket at the bottom of the turret basket.