PLEASE!

More 3D objects for scenarios like:

Guard shacks

border posts and Gates

Chain link fences with and without barbed wire

Barbed wire obstacles

CIVILLIAN INFANTRY/ INSURGENTS

AND

The ability to destroy and move objects!!!

Why the heck can't an M1A1 with plow, push a small 2dr hatchback outta the way when it's in the middle of a road in an urban environment!

AND trees such as palms that don't stop .50 rounds when trying to hit infantry behind them! So frustrating when a damn tree trunk from a skinny palm provides infinite cover for any troops directly behind them and in your lane of fire!!!

Not to mention the damn roadside guardrails that will stop a sabot and infinite .50 rounds!

These already exist (i.e. civilians carrying weapons, manning technicals, IEDs, VBIEDs, etc.) or do you want them expanded somehow or something?

Well I for one wouldn't mind a few NGO/Operator type skins (i.e. boonie and ball cap types with and without plate carriers, ballistic shades optional) and a somewhat wider selection of insurgent/irregular skins - in the Boko Haram or FARC vein.

Edited by MAJ_Fubar

Well I for one wouldn't mind a few NGO/Operator type skins (i.e. boonie and ball cap types with and without plate carriers, ballistic shades optional) and a somewhat wider selection of insurgent/irregular skins - in the Boko Haram or FARC vein.

Ditto! More irregular type of fighters with balaclavas and mixed uniforms and carriers/vests... And some SF type troops!

I'm all down for getting a LeClerc...

But only if we get a T-72M1V first...

And an AMX-10P to go with the LeClerc.

I too would like to see a Leclerc. and AMX-10P

But the AMX-30B mite be a more realistic option and would make for some great cold war scenarios.

You can push a small sedan out of the way, and you can shoot through a palm tree trunk.

I tried pushing vehicles away, with and without mine plow. No joy.

Would indeeed be nice if thad be possible (as a first step)

Better model would be if you just could flatten civ-vehicles with your tank :-D

I too would like to see a Leclerc. and AMX-10P

But the AMX-30B mite be a more realistic option and would make for some great cold war scenarios.

Now this is just me gazing into my crystal ball here, but, and although there's been no confirmation by Ssnake and the boys, getting the Leclerc is pretty much a done deal. Deja posted an LOS diagram a few months back, a sure sign, and from what I can tell was actively working on the model well prior to the 3.0 release...of course it probably won't be the preferred version. As for other French vehicles, if past releases are indication we'll see the AMX-10P and maybe the AMX-30, but little else. If all you Francophiles out there really want to agitate for French vehicles I'd push for the VBCI, VAB, VBL, and the AMX-10RC.

Huh, I just checked and didn't have any trouble pushing live or dead vehicles around, even with a HMMVV.

M1with plow Will Not push any vehicle!

Also tried again shooting through a palm tree trunk w a .50 cal and never hit infantryman directly behind! Never goes through tree for me with M1 .50 cal.... Same w/ roadside guardrails.

The other issue is MBTs treat all civ vehicles as solid objects and will go around them and get stuck when pushing it out of the way is the only reasonable way to bypass due to terrain or buildings adjacent to the road w no room to go around...

Ah, never tried with the plow! The plow not pushing vehicles must be a bug or limitation of the sim, it also happens with the mine rollers. You can kinda work around it by pushing the vehicle with the rear of your tank instead.

Main gun sabots go through trees fine, just seems like the smaller rounds that get stopped.

Ah, never tried with the plow! The plow not pushing vehicles must be a bug or limitation of the sim, it also happens with the mine rollers. You can kinda work around it by pushing the vehicle with the rear of your tank instead.

Main gun sabots go through trees fine, just seems like the smaller rounds that get stopped.

yeah.... A few thousand rds of .50 cal should shred any tree trunk instantly!

• Members
Exactly how durable is the mine plow, though? If it were a real tank with a real plow, would you want to use the plow to move a vehicle?

The plow will easily do that without getting bent out of shape. After all it's supposed to dig into the earth and remove subterranean boulders, if needed.

But the mean looking spikes will tear like a hot knife through butter into the vehicle and then there's a good chance that all of a sudden you have a ton and a half of twisted metal with sharp edges snagged to your plow which you can't remove without a cutting wheel or a blowtorch and some hours of work. Or you drag along the car wreck which is probably not helping at all, either.