Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

SB already has a borderless windowed mode, it's just a little glitchy. Add --fullscreenwindow to the "Target:" entry in the shortcut, like this:

"C:\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\Release\SBProPE64cm.exe" --fullscreenwindow

When SB uses windowed mode (the full-screen mode will still be regular full-screen,) it'll start in borderless windowed mode. The only problem I've found is the the Tank Range and Instant Action menus are broken and only contain the exit button which actually selects a mission. To fix them do something that triggers the scenario loading process, just opening the map or mission editor is the easiest. If you don't intend to use those menus you can ignore that little issue and use SB as normal.

Why?

Because I am seeing the border. It is easier to believe if that is not there, mainly when looking outside the tank.

Hm what if you needed to move the window? How would you do that then?

I never had the need. You cant also move in when you are Full screen, that is the effect I'm looking for.

SB already has a borderless windowed mode, it's just a little glitchy. Add --fullscreenwindow to the "Target:" entry in the shortcut, like this:

"C:\eSim Games\SB Pro PE\Release\SBProPE64cm.exe" --fullscreenwindow

For a moment I thought this was the solution, but then it extends the window to both monitors :bigsmile:

Ah, didn't try it with two monitors (my desktop only has one.)

For one example of how borderless windowed mode can be useful: You can run a game/sim/whatever full screen on one monitor and still have the second screen completely usable for other tasks, like having a manual, guide or some other reference material open, with the mouse freely able to move between without having to alt-tab to minimize.

There's a program called Windowed Borderless Gaming that will force borderless windowed mode, but on my system the largest window SB will accept is 1920x1062 (with a desktop resolution of 1920x1080) so you'll still have a small gap at the bottom.

...but on my system the largest window SB will accept is 1920x1062 (with a desktop resolution of 1920x1080) so you'll still have a small gap at the bottom.

Hi Rotareneg

try changing your desktop's background colour to black. That will make the experience better! :-)

Frankie Kam

Hotkey for the EMES/TIM (AT/JC on Leo 2E)button on the TC thermal camera for Leo2A5+/2E.

Working loader mg, even if only IA, and option to assemble and disassemble the mg (at this moment its only use is to block half of the view form TC periscopes).

And again , 3d view for TC when he is outside the hatch.

That's right.And infantry able to shoot the TC when he is outside the hatch would be cool.

AFV-crews are on the *List* for a long time. This would indeed add to the immersion.

One hurdle for esim: let the AI-infantry make the "right" or at least a sensable decision on when to take such a shot, and when not. :-D

AFV-crews are on the *List* for a long time. This would indeed add to the immersion.

One hurdle for esim: let the AI-infantry make the "right" or at least a sensable decision on when to take such a shot, and when not. :-D

Please don't forget crews for the trucks and vehicles....

Those ghost/unmanned, open top, jeeps are pretty scary when they drive all by themselves!

I was just reading the thread about map making, and something occurred to me. What about the ability to rotate a map in the mission editor. That would put a whole new perspective on a given map. At least for myself there have been many times I've looked through just about all the terrain maps looking for "the right" one, that fits a narrative, and see what I want but it needs rotated 90 degrees. For instance, to make a river with a large city frontage run north/south, instead of east/west.

I was just reading the thread about map making, and something occurred to me. What about the ability to rotate a map in the mission editor. That would put a whole new perspective on a given map. At least for myself there have been many times I've looked through just about all the terrain maps looking for "the right" one, that fits a narrative, and see what I want but it needs rotated 90 degrees. For instance, to make a river with a large city frontage run north/south, instead of east/west.

Why not just rotate your point of view?

You can achieve the same thing just by having them advance South to North instead of North to South?

You still have the river blocking the advance, the terrain is aligned for you, etc.?

That would work, but if you have a sort of narrative for a scenario or something like that, it can make it harder to find a map to fit. Then you have to make one, which I'm sure everyone knows is a very long process if you want it to look even halfway decent. Really it was more thinking out loud, whilst waiting for coffee to kick in.

AND....working multi spectral smoke for the RWS's

:luxhello:

So are you saying you select that option in the Mission Editor and it doesn't work?

I.e. You select RWS as an option, then go to "Set ammunition" and select "Multispectral smoke" and the smoke it fires isn't.

Or that its not available?

I.e. You select RWS as an option, then go to "Set ammunition" and select there is no "Multispectral smoke" to choose.

If the later, it may well be that it doesn't come with a multispectral smoke option in RL?

So are you saying you select that option in the Mission Editor and it doesn't work?

I.e. You select RWS as an option, then go to "Set ammunition" and select "Multispectral smoke" and the smoke it fires isn't.

Or that its not available?

I.e. You select RWS as an option, then go to "Set ammunition" and select there is no "Multispectral smoke" to choose.

If the later, it may well be that it doesn't come with a multispectral smoke option in RL?

Neither, well more like the first really. I go to the menu, select multispectral smoke, which is available, and in game only normal smoke pops out. This is the case both for the RWS available for the Iveco LMV and for the Lemur. The kongsberg RWS does not pop smoke at alle, neither normal nor multispectral and all of them have both types of smoke available in the ammunition menu. Here comes the funny bit, on the vehicles that have their own smoke launchers, like the piranha IIIC and the bushmaster etc., multispectral is working when not equipped with an RWS.

This has been an issue on my installation since 3.11. I'm now running 3.25 and it still is. I have made a complete reinstall where I removed all traces of the past installs and it's still not working....again, on MY installation at least.