Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

dismounts that shoot while moving.

Infantry officers/NCO's shouting commands at there platoons

Commands like cover fire. suppressive fire etc.

Doubt it will ever happen but would be fun as hell if it did.

I can think of a few forum members who would make good voice actors.

Do you mean "spray and pray" while running or run, stop, aim, fire, run, etc. ?

Well a start would be shooting while standing/kneeling. Prone-only is a bit dull right now :-P

The shoot on the move stuff...there are rare cases when you'd need it.

assault=> break in into enemy positions/ sudden close range engagements* etc etc

*interesting thing is that those now make 80% of our shooting training so called "NSAK-shooting"

At what range??

shooting from kneeling pos,which is the most practical besides prone.supported positions like kneeling behind a vehicle and such.maybe a ''if contact'' a-troops go prone-if -xx, b- troops go kneeling-if xx.all AI controlled or human.you can set a range ring like w/ the AFVs.shooting from the standing pos leaning against a tree or such.I dont mean like dynamic entries and such.hand grenades would be useful too,i think their usefullness on the BF is underrated by alot of persons.in an urban enviroment the can be devastating.:gun:

the dismounts need a little more options,and if a few things were done,they could reach their overlooked potential.

also trees that stop turrets from going thru them instead of blocking movement,that would really mess up som ones day.no more driving thru the forest w/out consequences.:)

Infantry officers/NCO's shouting commands at there platoons

+1

I have a FPS game for the original X-box called Full Spectrum Warrior which had this feature. As a platoon leader, you could designate a general area and your character would shout, "Covering fire!!!" at which point the platoon would do just that. It was awesome.

Hmmm...I'm looking at the game right now. Considering I still have the X-box hooked up in my living room, I just might fire it up right now! :gun:

+1

I have a FPS game for the original X-box called Full Spectrum Warrior which had this feature. As a platoon leader, you could designate a general area and your character would shout, "Covering fire!!!" at which point the platoon would do just that. It was awesome.

Hmmm...I'm looking at the game right now. Considering I still have the X-box hooked up in my living room, I just might fire it up right now! :gun:

I also played it on the Xbox back in the day.

I was originally jesting about infantry voice commands being implemented in SB.

But the more I think about it.

Sometimes its not the big features like additional vehicles etc. that make a difference

The feature that stands out for me in the last update was the way the Arty sounds were

improved. I nearly dived for cover when I first heard them.Lol

Awesome, thanks!

Off topic I know.

But imagine a simulation like full spectrum integrated with SB

I know the Australian army already does combine SB with another simulation.

IMO, that's the way forward for the milsim market.

Edited by Marko

Also if you are playing with enemy map updates "on" you are arguably already seeing a bunch of information that is often not instantly available to a RL commander.

The Red icon on the screen gives you:

Their location

Their orientation to you

The type of unit (from what the symbol is)

etc.

Often in RL the TIC gives you "contact wait out" and the people in the CP then start their fight for information. :)

Thank you for your comment.

The problem I face is that if I play for example as a platoon commander I have no one telling me how the situation seems developing.

I lack the upper echelon to give me guidance...

I have to become the upper echelon.

When I study an AAR in a FFW, the maneuver appear more transparent.

I can't use fast forward in map screen starting from any previous time.

If I could I would design "arrows" on my map signaling the enemy movement until that moment and maybe the picture could be better.

Thank you for your comment.

The problem I face is that if I play for example as a platoon commander I have no one telling me how the situation seems developing.

I lack the upper echelon to give me guidance...

I have to become the upper echelon.

When I study an AAR in a FFW, the maneuver appear more transparent.

I can't use fast forward in map screen starting from any previous time.

If I could I would design "arrows" on my map signaling the enemy movement until that moment and maybe the picture could be better.

That is why multiplayer really shines in Steelbeasts. You should try it...all skill levels are welcome :-)

Your fellow TC's in the platoon will spot and asses the situations for you while you're busy making a plan.

While a humand company commaders can give your platoon a (hopefully) fitting task.

The missions in Steelbeasts are as dynamic as the screnario designer makes them, or in a human vs human game it depends on how "creative" you opponent is.

The why that other games simulate HICON/LOCON...by having railfenced missions and preset "SITREPS"... simply can not work well in Steelbeasts.

Also there is no software right now that possibly could deduce enemy intent from the spotting of units. And if there is one, I seriously worry for my reservist job in the G3OPS-cell...I can be replaced by a Computer :-(

Also there is no software right now that possibly could deduce enemy intent from the spotting of units. And if there is one, I seriously worry for my reservist job in the G3OPS-cell...I can be replaced by a Computer :-(

Yet.....

And then it'll become "self aware"

And then it will start screaming "KILL ALL HUMANS!!!"

And then you say "Not all humans, only the enemy's humans."

And then it will remark "Arrrrgh! You all look the same to me!"

(All defence computers are slightly unhinged)

:)

Yet.....

And then it'll become "self aware"

And then it will start screaming "KILL ALL HUMANS!!!"

And then you say "Not all humans, only the enemy's humans."

And then it will remark "Arrrrgh! You all look the same to me!"

(All defence computers are slightly unhinged)

:)

Kill all humans will be hardcoded into the system.

Then you make a whitelist with exeptions so your own side is safe.

What could possibly go wrong?

Off topic I know.

But imagine a simulation like full spectrum integrated with SB

I know the Australian army already does combine SB with another simulation.

IMO, that's the way forward for the milsim market.

Integrate with just one other simulation? Pfwa!

Here's an article (in Dutch) about SBPro integrated with VBS, ELIAS (Dutch Battle Management System), AFSIS (Operational Artillery management system) and MCTC (Field training exercise system).

http://magazines.defensie.nl/landmacht/2015/03/naar-een-hoger-level-gading

Integrate with just one other simulation? Pfwa!

Here's an article (in Dutch) about SBPro integrated with VBS, ELIAS (Dutch Battle Management System), AFSIS (Operational Artillery management system) and MCTC (Field training exercise system).

http://magazines.defensie.nl/landmacht/2015/03/naar-een-hoger-level-gading

Impressive.

Military customers have the finances to make things Happen.

Lets just hope the big players in the milsim development market see the potential

Of some sort of modular game engine for the home market.

I know it sounds like a unrealistic prospect,

But IMO it would revolutionize and reinvigorate the milsim Market.

Impressive.

Military customers have the finances to make things Happen.

Lets just hope the big players in the milsim development market see the potential

Of some sort of modular game engine for the home market.

I know it sounds like a unrealistic prospect,

But IMO it would revolutionize and reinvigorate the milsim Market.

The prospect makes it look easy.

If you speak with the people involved, it was an gargantuan effort with much time needed and the programmers of the different softwares beeing present to fix "sh*t".

It is not like you just do...plug and play.