Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• Members

At eSim Games, we won't reject better looks if there is a chance to improve on them. We hope to make our engine more efficient over time, and use the resulting performance gains to add more fancy looks without effectively sacrificing performance. So, that's the kind of effort that you can expect from us.

The problem is that we can't start from a clean slate but have to migrate the legacy code to something new (and hopefully better). That's a fundamentally different task. I'm not expecting pity or anything, just your understanding that these are the constraints under which we must perform the development.

We have a house full of tenants and need to replace the entire plumbing without causing substantial inconvenience to those living in it. So that's why some things take longer than one might naively expect. It's neither malice nor incompetence - it's the job itself that can be complicated at times.

We have a house full of tenants and need to replace the entire plumbing without causing substantial inconvenience to those living in it. So that's why some things take longer than one might naively expect. It's neither malice nor incompetence - it's the job itself that can be complicated at times.

I don't think your personal problems a private landlord should be allowed to interfere with your day job at eSim. :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...
...or anything that replaces the orange ball of death :-)

But beware, enemy ATGM will be much harder to spot if the "ball" is gone.

This is a good thing. :)

Also M48A3 Mod B (90mm) & M48A5 (105mm)

(With Mechanical Ballistic Computer with Stereoscopic and later Coincidence Rangefinders)

:)

Something to add to the ever growing list might be another use for the current infantry bunker: forward ammo cache. Set the bunker to act like an ammo truck but with a resupply "bubble" about 50% smaller, meaning you actually have to sidle up to the thing to resupply. Add pre-mission deployment capability and there you go.

Something to add to the ever growing list might be another use for the current infantry bunker: forward ammo cache. Set the bunker to act like an ammo truck but with a resupply "bubble" about 50% smaller, meaning you actually have to sidle up to the thing to resupply. Add pre-mission deployment capability and there you go.

Or maybe even a base or FARP with tents communication aerials satellite dishes etc.

And make the current supply trucks resupply themselves from the base once they have distributed there supplies in the field

Or maybe even a base or FARP with tents communication aerials satellite dishes etc.

And make the current supply trucks resupply themselves from the base once they have distributed there supplies in the field

Rather than a single "camp" type object, I think a series or class of buildings in map the editor (Industrial, Military, ect.) that could be set to resupply certain vehicles would be more flexible for scenario designers. Of course that involves implementing a logical scheme for limiting the resupply abilities of the current trucks without breaking past scenarios... Well, it is a wish thread after all. :)

Rather than a single "camp" type object, I think a series or class of buildings in map the editor (Industrial, Military, ect.) that could be set to resupply certain vehicles would be more flexible for scenario designers. Of course that involves implementing a logical scheme for limiting the resupply abilities of the current trucks without breaking past scenarios... Well, it is a wish thread after all. :)

+1

That would work.

The idea with nukes is not bad at all... perhaps extend it to generally NBC-components. Contaminated zones for the sce-editor with special penalties, NBC-troops/vehicles, flags, the NBC-equipement for the infantry and possibility for mounted troops/vehicles to act under NBC-conditions.

You can already play Sb under NBC conditions.

Just put on the Zodiac and Mask and sit in front of you PC :-D *

That´s old hat... I also followed the German SB manual and hid in a cupboard for 3 hours to get the typical "tank feeling" :cool3: *

*I was not put in a special clinic (yet)

That´s old hat... I also followed the German SB manual and hid in a cupboard for 3 hours to get the typical "tank feeling" :cool3: *

*I was not put in a special clinic (yet)

Try installing you PC inside the shower to simulate for example the battle of Long Tan ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps this is silly. But it would be nice to be able to customize the writing on the barrel of your tank ("Gun Truck"), or even the logo (crossed sabers, or the skull) on the turret. It would be a couple neat customization options. Kinda like in the Army, when deployed, we'd write our weapon's name, or other stuff with a paint pen on the stock.

Of course, mine would be either: "All the Way," or "Paci-FIST." :cool3:

Perhaps this is silly. But it would be nice to be able to customize the writing on the barrel of your tank ("Gun Truck"), or even the logo (crossed sabers, or the skull) on the turret. It would be a couple neat customization options. Kinda like in the Army, when deployed, we'd write our weapon's name with a paint pen on the stock.

Of course, mine would be either: "All the Way," or "Paci-FIST." :cool3:

I can probably help you with that. I'm going to work now, but I have the next two days off. I'll try to link up with you and get more details on what you want to do.

Yes you can have skins to customise how a vehicle type looks but is not currently possible to customise vehicles within a type.

So you can have every M1 on a given "side" (Blue, Red, etc.) with "All the Way" on the barrel.

You can not have one M1 with "All the Way" and another with "Paci-FIST".

So you can customise a type but not vehicles within a type.

Yes you can have skins to customise how a vehicle type looks but is not currently possible to customise vehicles within a type.

So you can have every M1 on a given "side" (Blue, Red, etc.) with "All the Way" on the barrel.

Well you can make different skins for different nationalities.

You can put an M1 with one text in the US folder. Then put an other one in, lets say the UK folder and you can have 2 Versions.

You just can't play them in the same game on the same party...

Well you can make different skins for different nationalities.

You can put an M1 with one text in the US folder. Then put an other one in, lets say the UK folder and you can have 2 Versions.

You just can't play them in the same game on the same party...

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation, guys. I guess I'll have to look into making a skin.