Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

28 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

Best guess is that it wasn't a round they really wanted to fire unless they absolutely had to.  Like "+P" or "+P+" ammo in a pistol.

But still, perhaps to them taking the risk of the recoil system blowing apart was better than taking the risk of going into combat without effective ammo.

yea in retrospect having looked that document over again:

64,813 M833 were shipped, and 4500 expended. so a mere  2,134  M900 shipped and 500 spent,  isnt as much in comparison to those used.

However i It is relative to how many M1s were present among the M1a1s, and also how  ( if at al=) USMC M60s. were issued M900s.IN any case i guess my sources are compelling enough  that proves M900 were in the gulf theatre, for SSnake have decided the green light to have it available to the initial M1, and M60A3.

Edited by Kev2go

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

But neither STAFF nor its successor, TERM, were actually adopted by the US Army.

I know, I wasn't serious. It might be interesting to see how well they worked, but with the size limitations of a shaped charge stuck sideways inside the round like that, I doubt it would be particularly effective, especially if the target has reactive armor.

20 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

This was good once upon a time. Makes your eyes and ears bleed compared to what we have today, but i remember having a lot of fun with this little game

the wolfenstien 3d of tanks. xD

I also will add to the wishlist:

Working Headlights, TailLights, IR halogens. Leopard 1A2/ AS1, have a infrared/white searchlight ( XSW30 ), Chieftein Mk5, T-xx series etc.

Order from tank commander/ platoon commander like " Stay Concealed" . When Concealed active crews shut down IR lamp and other lights. They are ready to ambush.

Modeled IR lamp switch for manual control.

I hope it will be not difficult to implemented in next future upgrade ?

Regards
Edited by Andres87

5 minutes ago, Andres87 said:

I also will add to the wishlist:

Working Headlights, TailLights, IR halogens. Leopard 1A2/ AS1, have a infrared/white searchlight ( XSW30 ), Chieftein Mk5, T-xx series etc.

Order from tank commander/ platoon commander like " Stay Concealed" . When Concealed active crews shut down IR lamp and other lights. They are ready to ambush.

Modeled IR lamp switch for manual control.

I hope it will be not difficult to implemented in next future upgrade ?

Regards

IR searchlights would be cool to simulate the pre-TIS era. But, hmm, headlights/ taillights?

why? for roadmarch /public traffic simulation?

16 minutes ago, Grenny said:

IR searchlights would be cool to simulate the pre-TIS era. But, hmm, headlights/ taillights?

why? for roadmarch /public traffic simulation?

You knows it, nothing says immersion quite like a night time road march. :D

We need a scenario where you take a column of PzH2k though a sleepy German Hamlet in the dead of night.

You win a point for every angry resident you wake up. :D

2pts for every road sign / street light knocked over

and 10 pts for every VW Passat squashed,

100pts for Merc A classes.

Also Content wish list:

Panzer Haubitze 2000.

Just cos it looks cool. :)

Merc A class.

Squash able cars.

"Out of my way!

Peasant!"

Edited by Hedgehog

33 minutes ago, Andres87 said:

That's right, for night time road march and traffic. Some scenarios , where trucks and APCs ride in convoy with headlight on.

Don't know, in my time every march under combat(training) conditions was "light setting 0".

Lights on is a peace time road safety thing, and as SB is a combat simulation....

20 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Don't know, in my time every march under combat(training) conditions was "light setting 0".

Lights on is a peace time road safety thing, and as SB is a combat simulation....

I know, is vehicle centric combat simulator but SB have much more potential for scenarios with civilians. They used lights;) This isn't really necessery.

Edited by Andres87

3 hours ago, BigBadVuk said:

:) I guess now is the time to start posting "SSnake, can we have it? Can we have it? Can we have it" 

I guess (if you want to waste typing) basically I doubt you'll get anything on this list before August/Christmas as they'll be putting out 4.0 (which no doubt already has a 95% locked down feature set).

Unless you just want to create more frenzy and then more disappointment when Ssnake issues a "reality check".

Edited by Gibsonm