Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1 hour ago, Major duck said:

You know a M41 going slow is almost impossible to here until you are within 25 m of it so it is possible to make quiet recon vehicles and a huge disadvantage of the hybrid would be maintenance and repair in the field.

There heave been several test using hybrid or better "diesel-electrical-drive" systems. So far the advantages did not justefy the extra weight and system complexity. Maybe someday when batteries achieve an energy density at least in the order of magnitide of F-54, maybe :-P

On 8/3/2016 at 4:12 PM, Gibsonm said:

and then what, a Hoth map? :)

or  even better, a map of westeros )))))) xD

hmm that said there is a map editor in SB, so that opens up the possiblity for users to design "fictional" settings.

Edited by Kev2go

On 8/9/2016 at 4:32 AM, Varjag said:

The main wish, I think, is a infantry trenches and towed artillery.

Well, now that you can tow with any vehicle, just hitch up current artillery and tow it. :P

Seriously though, something I wouldn't mind seeing eventually as well, though it may be a bit old-school for implementation in SB.

Also, a few minor things, no hurries here:

1. 3D interior of driver's positions in the Bradleys and Abrams.

2. A3 versions of Bradleys

3. Train models.

Edit:

Hmm, perhaps have relief lines as an overlay one can switch on and off?

Edited by Azure Lion

3 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Here's a little suggestion for next update.

In the mission editor, add the current map name up in the bar where it says version (i.e. SB V4.000).

It helps when saving custom missions to actually know what map you've chosen xD

In mission editor hit "map" -> "map info" and you get Map name, Terrain file name, height map name, compression and where in the world it is located (if applyable) in grids.

/KT

I know, and this is a good info.

It would just be very convinient to have the map name displayed somewhere in the mission editor (frame window). Especially when saving mission, I usually save with a prefix using the map name, and I need to check twice very often what map I'm using. Just a thought.

In a scenario put on by kanium last weekend I had to drive by, in my Leo-2, a section of infantrymen whose vehicle had been destroyed.  It would have been nice if I could have stopped to give them a lift as all units had been ordered to pull back.

P.S.   Those rails on the side of the M60's turret are called infantry rails for a reason.

Edited by TSe419E

For me, I'd like to see these:

Fully-crewable: 
MBT:
T-80
T-90
Leclerc
Merkava II/III/IV
M-48 Patton

IFV/APC:
Stryker family of vehicles
LAV-25
BTR-82A
AAV-P7/A1 (LVTP-7)

Partially-crewable:
Arty:
2S19 Msta-S
BM-30 Smerch
AS-90
PzH-2000
M109A9 Paladin
M270A1 MLRS
HIMARS

Anti-Air:
Pantsir-S1

Helicopter:
AH-64D Apache Longbow
AH-64E Guardian
AH-1W Super Cobra
AH-1Z Viper
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Mi-35M Hind
Mi-28N Havoc
Ka-52 Alligator

In the long run, it'll be great to have the new generation of Russian armored vehicles in Steel Beasts Pro PE such as the BMD-4, 2S25 Sprut-SD, T-14/T-15 Armata, Kurganets-25, 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV, Bumerang, Kamaz/Ural Typhoon and GAZ Tigr perhaps in version 4.5 or 5.0?

Edited by OrangeFr3ak

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

So some of that is already there:

LAV-25, M109, MLRS, AH-64, AH-1

I suspect you aren't going to see specific versions of everything = e.g. probably only one variant of M109, not 8 or so across its life span. :)

I know these are already included, but not the later variants like the AH-64D, M109A9, AH-1W/Z. Also, the LAV-25 isn't fully crewable so I hope it will be so just like how the M60A3 TTS is, and TOW missiles can be added to it for more firepower.