Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

...yeah, because with countless exception rules and whatnot it became utterly unpredictable for most users when infantry would automatically dismount or not. So you now must script it. Do it at a waypoint, and they will follow the subsequent routes. Do it on a route, and they get left behind. That's pretty predictable behavior.

The biggest problem I have with this is that the infantry converge into a singular cluster-**** at the waypoint they go to.

There needs to be some way (other than making individual routes) to tell them to take parallel paths so as to arrive at the way-point in a linear formation.  Something to make the infantry realize:

1. I was dropped off at Waypoint 1 by the APCs carrying me, I am ordered to go to Waypoint 2 with "Engage" orders, in "Wedge or Line" formation, at "Slow" speed.

2. The APCs that dropped me off at Waypoint 1 are proceeding to Waypoint 2, with "Engage" orders, in "Wedge or Line" formation, at "Slow" speed.

3. Therefore, in this specific circumstance, if I dismounted from the APC on the furthest left/right of that formation, I should travel along my route at the same distance away from the central track as the APC that dropped me off so that I do not bunch up with my fellow infantry.

While on Mech Inf ....

Is it possible to include what the passengers have?

E.g. in a composite log unit I can click on it and see that it is 1 x Amb, 1 x M88, 2 x Supply, etc.

Often in say TGIF or other mission the briefing doesn't provide detail as to what the passengers are.

It would be ideal to click on a Mech Inf platoon and have the "contents" as say: 4 x M113, 1 x FO, 3 x AT-4, 3 x MG teams

This would avoid having to unload everyone at the mission start to work out what you actually have (and any resulting remounting issues that the dismounts might have).

I don't think it needs to be so detailed as X x rifles, Y x AGL rounds, etc. just "Rifle Team", "MG Team", "Javelin", "Bill", "AT-3", "AT-4", etc.

M113A2 / A3 with M47 Dragon ATGM launcher up on the hatch mount in addition to the M2HB.

M113G2 with Milan2 ATGM launcher up on the hatch mount in addition to the MG3.

One change to the existing infantry teams:

Can we get a method to allow a human player to assemble certain weapon systems, and then to creep forward with them very slowly as if they are belly crawling and dragging the gun/launcher?

This should only apply to systems that are light enough for this to be done with.

Off the top of my head: M2HB & MG3 HMG, Mk19 AGL, Milan 2, AT4, Javelin, M47 Dragon.

This way a human player could have his troops assemble their ATGM launcher behind a ridge, and then slowly pull it up over the crest to try to get a sneak attack in on unsuspecting tanks.

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

M2HB is about 60Kg on its tripod, from memory, so it might be a bit of an ask for a guy to crawl and drag that with him. :)

Then someone else needs to drag the ammo up.

I suspect some of the others when assembled are similar in weight.

Still doable.  Here's a 413kg AT gun getting dragged up a slope.

One guy might not be able to do it, but a whole ATGM launcher crew could probably put their Dragon ATGM launcher together and sneak it over a hilltop.

20 minutes ago, Grenny said:

There is a big difference with standing upright and dragging something that actually has wheels, and lying on you belly and dragging something unwieldy while crawling forward...

Usually with spades on the legs of the tripod specically desgined to dig into the ground and reduce movement.

6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

So do we.

Boxed into the heels of the half Wellingtons, not the "strap on" Cowboy style.

I always thought your idea of fitting a great big bayonet to the end of the tanks gun barrel was a good one Gibsomn. LoL

More CAS assets

With better and more realistic capability's

With the new engine I hope this will be possible.

Edited by Marko

8 hours ago, Grenny said:

The americans (at least those of 2nd Cav Rgt) wear spurs, so thats a start.

all soldiers who are in a cavalry unit are authorised to wear spurs.  they must either go through a spur ride or go to combat with a cav unit.   silver spurs go through spur ride. good spurs are combat spurs.    I have the combat spurs 

Edited by RENEGADE-623

What is a spur ride?

My unit did training at Bergen Hohne, 30 days at Hohenfels, tank gunnery at Bergen Hohne, then 30 days on the Czech border.  Started in January and ended in May.  When we got back one of the E-5s informally presented me with a pair of spurs and said I had earned them. I have always wondered what he meant by that gesture.  I still have the spurs.

Edited by TSe419E