Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

23 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

What is a spur ride?

My unit did training at Bergen Hohne, 30 days at Hohenfels, tank gunnery at Bergen Hohne, then 30 days on the Czech border.  Started in January and ended in May.  When we got back one of the E-5s informally presented me with a pair of spurs and said I had earned them. I have always wondered what he meant by that gesture.  I still have the spurs.

its an event which normally will last 24 hours.  it is comprised of many stations where your knowledge is tested.  it is done they a land navigation course.   each station is manned by a spur holder.  each unit is different In how they do it.    one unit I was In the candidates were called spur maggots and they had to address anyone who had spurs as spur holder no matter what rank they were.   after the event you would have a ceremony, normally the evening the event finished, where the spur candidates would receive their spurs and spur certificate from their sponsor.   once u earned your spurs, you were allowed to   wear them at all formal dinners.  in your case you would not have been authorised as they were given to you informally. in order to be allowed you had to have a certificate.

Does anyone remember the joke of 'bouncy wheels' when the game was young. Ssnake told us it wouldn't happen or something of that sort...LOL. Long way back then many people wanted fully animated suspension but of course it was not going to happen.

Now, 9 years later we got it LOL! :D

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

On 8/22/2016 at 5:07 PM, Gibsonm said:

Usually with spades on the legs of the tripod specically desgined to dig into the ground and reduce movement.

And yet that's exactly how HMGs are (at least, were) moved into attack positions on the offense; with a man on either side (or with one man on each tripod leg).  You can certainly move them while crawling; you crawl forward a foot or two, lift the tripod leg, and drag it forward.  It's slow, exhausting, and fairly loud, but then again, moving a .50 cal or Mk19 or similar and the large amount of ammo they consume is *always* slow and exhausting.  Some of the older machine guns actually had fittings for trail spikes to be mounted to the tripod to make convenient handles, such as the tripod for the Japanese type 92.

Long story short, this is in no way unreasonable as an in-game movement method for heavy weapons, *but* the crews probably shouldn't be able to go farther than 20-30 yards before exhausting themselves.

See 10:08, official training film (WW2 era, but still):

Edited by outontheop

You're going to think I've lost my mind here but now that we have an avenger for US, how about an SA8 for Soviets? Not necessarily chewable (yet) but it would be good for making missions where we need to ground forces to clear SHORADs before sending in choppers (apache/cobras) to support a counteroffensive.

I would like to ask for having back the option of having the Centauro transporting its two scout dismounts on the rear compartment as an option that can have in real life.

I know sometimes the army prefer to use that compartment to carry more ammo but sometimes they can choose to carry the scouts.

2D522C6B913D51A3A7A03851A3A76E.jpgImage27.jpg

Image25.jpg

Image26.jpg

The possibility of having two scout dismounts with the Centauro will enhance this vehicle capabilities a lot.

12 hours ago, []_--__[]KITT said:

Does anyone remember the joke of 'bouncy wheels' when the game was young. Ssnake told us it wouldn't happen or something of that sort...LOL. Long way back then many people wanted fully animated suspension but of course it was not going to happen.

Now, 9 years later we got it LOL! :D

He never said its not going to happen. More like, its not high on the priority list.

• Members
18 hours ago, []_--__[]KITT said:

Does anyone remember the joke of 'bouncy wheels' when the game was young. Ssnake told us it wouldn't happen or something of that sort...LOL.

a) I didn't write that, ever.

Surprisingly many people fail at basic reading comprehension.

What I wrote was that I would like to see an animated vehicle suspension but that functional requirements would have to be treated with priority. When a simulation of the vehicle suspension became a functional necessity - in 2016 it's a direct offspring of the move towards high resolution terrain - we added it. Also I'd like to point out that the major discussion was started around 2010 (not 2006) when we had just hired our second programmer. Now that we have five some of the organizational conditions have changed substantially, which allows a reevaluation of development priorities.

b) I don't like discussing our plans.

Plans are by their very nature subject to change if the (business) environment is highly dynamic. Yes, eSim Games has managed to steer the course since we gained clarity about we would market our product in 2002, and what development strategy we would follow. Also, I think that we are about as open as we possibly can be about our work. But many people here fail to understand that we are operating in a competitive market. You only announce your development roadmap for years ahead if you are a terrible businessman, or an exceptionally good one. I don't think I'm exceptionally good.

Anyway, we're in constant talks with all kinds of customers who have sometimes diverging interests, sometimes they are overlapping. Budgets become available, and disappear. There are times when the eSim Games team has time to spend on its own; more often than not we are completely booked out with development contracts. Contracts have priority. The next highest priority is bug fixing and code maintenance. Then comes work on functional necessities that improve the tactical versatility, or the simulation fidelity for most users. Our next priority are things that we deem as ground laying work on which to build future "feature blocks" that close an important capability gap in the software. THEN comes beautification. There are about a hundred priorities more, so fifth place is pretty awesome in a large field of competing demands - it's not as if "eye candy" was the one non-priority in a field of only five tasks.

From the above you can conclude that my statements about future development work will by necessity be vague and non-committal if I don't want to be accused of lying because I made a statement that gets unilaterally declared as a "promise" and then I'm being roasted for breaking my word. Well, I don't promise everything to everybody. I will rarely say no if a certain new feature is being pitched/requested/demanded (the tone of some messages varies a lot). But I won't make promises if I can't be certain to have the means to fulfill them. I want our corporate communication to be professional, no-nonsense, and truthful. Which means that in an environment of uncertainty I must often remain vague. Because a lot of people insist on a statement. When I try to be polite (and professional) in telling them that I can't say anything about a certain subject, they either don't get my hints or believe that as consumers they have a right to know (no, you don't).

Ah right sorry for badly worded sentence. He indeed didn't state directly that it wasn't going to happen. I do remember Ssnake saying it wasn't priority. But for all intent and purposes it also meant that it wasn't going to happen in the foreseeable future. True enough, we only got it 9 years later.

It was made a forum joke because people wanted it and we were not going to get it [for a foreseeable future].

That's a lot of explanation for nothing Ssnake. You do NOT need to explain anything. There's no need to defend anything. It's nothing.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

1 hour ago, thewood said:

Wow, way to encourage more forthcoming discussion with the dev.

I was just saying I wasn't making an issue of that. Merely stating that there was that joke back then in 2007.

I'm just happy SB Pro PE gets updated.

You're thinking too much and I seem to get the impression that Ssnake was getting defensive for no reason. Please lighten up everyone.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

On 8/23/2016 at 1:41 PM, RENEGADE-623 said:

its an event which normally will last 24 hours.  it is comprised of many stations where your knowledge is tested.  it is done they a land navigation course.   each station is manned by a spur holder.  each unit is different In how they do it.    one unit I was In the candidates were called spur maggots and they had to address anyone who had spurs as spur holder no matter what rank they were.   after the event you would have a ceremony, normally the evening the event finished, where the spur candidates would receive their spurs and spur certificate from their sponsor.   once u earned your spurs, you were allowed to   wear them at all formal dinners.  in your case you would not have been authorised as they were given to you informally. in order to be allowed you had to have a certificate.

Gold spurs are earned in combat, the silver spurs are earned in garrison in a training environment  How do I know this,  I look upon my wall.

Is there any way to make the info panel for messages at the bottom of the screen in execution any taller to see more messages without scrolling.  My display only shows 3 messages and then I have to start scrolling.  The scroll controls are so small it takes while to find a message as a large amount of messages are flowing through.  Maybe even make the window re-sizable, floating, or sortable.

I know the hotkey can take you to some of the activity, but it would be great to be able to click on a message and put the focus on the calling unit, or maybe optionally take you to the 3D unit if the option is set.

Since it is very difficult to know the actual composite armor effectiveness, could we create a slider menu that lets us modify the  the KE and CE resistance of composite armor on certain vehicles? This could come in the form of a typical Steel Beasts Pro slider menu. This slider menu could modify the effectiveness of the composite armor for both CE resistance and KE resistance where the range could be maybe between  0.0 to 2.0 where 1.0 are the default values. This would be an awesome addition i think.     What do you guys think ? Would something like this be too much of a hassle?

If not impinging upon the substantial money that professional users pay for custom jobs, I would like the option for user created nationalities and factions instead of them being hard coded, for example, I want to create a state or faction (Vietnam, ISIS, Taiwan), I create the folder in the directory, name it, add the textures that I want to put in the folder and the nationality or state appears as an option in the mission builder.

I did pretty well out of 4.0 in terms of items on my personal Wish List being fulfilled, including:

• ·        L85 3D model

• ·        M47 Dragon

• ·        Luchs 2A2

• ·        Crewable Marder 1A3

• ·        DM33 105 mm APFSDS ammunition

• ·        T-55AM

• ·        FN MAG (M240) and PKM 3D models and;

• ·        Precipitation weather effects

So thank you very much eSim Games, 4.0 is brilliant!

I’m still exploring 4.0 and have really just scratched the surface but have noticed people are still posting in the Wish List thread and can tell that eSim is listening so thought I would publish my consolidated Top 10 Wish List.  I'm also conscious planning is already underway, and possibly development, for future releases and that now might be a good time to publish my future "wishes". I’ve tried to be less “greedy” overall (notwithstanding we’ve just had “Christmas” and I’m conscious of that, but still just a little too greedy not to post this, sorry!) and list the additions that will deliver the biggest benefit for me, from a scenario development, personal preferences and pain points perspective. So, here goes:

1. Updated 3D model for ASLAV
  2. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  3. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  4. M2/M3A1
  5. FV432
  6. ACRV IV14/15
  7. T-80BV
  8. SPG-9
  9. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model
  10. Updated 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet

Thanks for indulging me.

Cheers

1 hour ago, 2-pies said:

Can I suggest to include the rest of the UK CVRT family e.g. Spartan, Striker, Samaritan, Sultan, Samson, all Cold War icons for me.

Apologies if request repeated.

You forgot the Saracen.stormer. LoL

Edited by Marko

12 minutes ago, Marko said:

You forgot the Saracen.stormer. LoL

Saracen isn't part of the CVRT family, but I do agree with you that it would be a great addition along with the Saladin and the Stalwart, and while we're at it lets throw the Ferret in there for good measure :D

Edited by Crusty

Forgive my ignorance here if I missed an uppdate on this topic.  Is anything going to be done about the terrible menu screens ***? And the Load screen “blur”.  These really detract from the overall experience.

I get that these would be low priority but to fix them would take little time and little money. It’s a no brainer.

(***What’s with the menu formatting?  The indents make no sense as they are not subcategories. Just no intuition here at all.)

1 hour ago, Barkhorn1x said:

Forgive my ignorance here if I missed an uppdate on this topic.  Is anything going to be done about the terrible menu screens ***? And the Load screen “blur”.  These really detract from the overall experience.

I get that these would be low priority but to fix them would take little time and little money. It’s a no brainer.

(***What’s with the menu formatting?  The indents make no sense as they are not subcategories. Just no intuition here at all.)

Well this is the first on the menu screens 9_9, so your alone on this one, never been distracted by the load screen :), thats a new one also, feel free to fix on your own and post here, and hey! thanks.

Are there any plans to add era armor addons for the m60A3 tts? Us army did not commonly use em but had around 200 kits available for equipping. foreign users have been noted to be using era for M60's, such as the Isreali Magah, though those use a different configuration.

M60A3 TTS with ERA

that would be a wish to see a M60A3 with ERA, to better protect against heat anti tank warheads, even if it means sacrificing some mobility.

Edited by Kev2go

7 hours ago, Kev2go said:

Are there any plans to add era armor addons for the m60A3 tts? Us army did not commonly use em but had around 200 kits available for equipping. foreign users have been noted to be using era for M60's, such as the Isreali Magah, though those use a different configuration.

M60A3 TTS with ERA

that would be a wish to see a M60A3 with ERA, to better protect against heat anti tank warheads, even if it means sacrificing some mobility.

+1 for this.

It would make a good "What if the cold war went hot and we had to slap on the ERA and go" vehicle, a good "This is a Magach, squint harder" tanks, as well as a "This an a USMC M60A1 RISE Passive...Squint harder!" tank.

Additional request:

Allow the Marder 1A3 to be loaded with 100% of it's ammo in the AP or HE ammo selection,

OR add all ammo types to both feeds --->> Can simulate Marder1A0 with single feed gun.

Edited by Maj.Hans

Groups Formation... 

"Option 1" It can be great if you can "paint" the units you want and on the menu select  "Add them to... Group 1/2/3..." 

wp4DTXJ.png

"Option 2":  Or maybe "paint them" on map and then go to the "Preset formation group" menu and they are already "selected" (bold) there so you can transfer the to the right screen clicking on ">". So you can pin point exactly the units you want. Any of two options can be so nice, thanks!

lRe9n8j.jpg