Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

On 3/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, Marko said:

I think we would all like the complete SB stable to be playable but its not really a realistic option there's just to many Vehicles

As per my other post about turret interiors, yes eye candy is nice but IMO give me Substance over style anytime. 

no i disagree, detailed interiors are necessary for a tank sim in a similar fashion Detail for cockpits and instruments panels are important for Aircraft sim like DCS.  Don't confuse Overall graphics for detail. detail to interior model can make or break a sim. especially when at least some portions interior parts  of many of the tanks are clickable. Gives a very necessary  immersive experience for a Sim like this .looking at the quality of the other tank interiors like the M1, Leopard, M60a3, and T72 series. Yes despite the age of the Steel beasts graphics they still have very good detail to interior model.

Edited by Kev2go

@Kev2go So if, say, the BRDM2-AT was crew-able without interiors (just optics and commanders peri/ unbutton view etc)-then you wouldnt use it? I guess that would be your prerogative, but personally id love to see more of the existing vehicles get more functionality, with or without detailed interiors. More is better than less!

On 27/3/2017 at 0:16 PM, Bond_Villian said:

@Kev2go So if, say, the BRDM2-AT was crew-able without interiors (just optics and commanders peri/ unbutton view etc)-then you wouldnt use it? I guess that would be your prerogative, but personally id love to see more of the existing vehicles get more functionality, with or without detailed interiors. More is better than less!

+1

7 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Ability to scale tree density in the Mapeditor. Would be good to adjust forests between "tank slowing" and "tank Obstacle"

This!
We have forest here in Sweden (And FINLAND for sure) where the trees are so thick between them a tank or IFV cant go there. So yeah we can do the same "stuff" right now in mixing with terrain theme but the thick threes also affect LOS and that is a plus I want. not having tanks shooting right through a forest you shouldnt be able to see through.

/KT

15 minutes ago, Kingtiger said:

A "spawn if" condition for the extra bridges you can add on the map, so you can spawn them when a friendly truck have arrived instead of them just laying there behind enemy lines, which looks odd...

/KT

Or better: truck transporting the bridge elements.

While we are at the engineers: I'd like to the M3 modelled with all options...use 1 or 2 as a ferry...or a chain of em as bridge

Just now, ashdivay said:

Radio/ Comms Man in a squad . Losing him will result in Loss of comms for the Inf squad.

Would need to be set in the scenario editor as opposed to global as most current soldiers have "personal comms" not so much the old 1 x radio per Section or Platoon.

On 4/6/2017 at 4:05 PM, Gibsonm said:

Would need to be set in the scenario editor as opposed to global as most current soldiers have "personal comms" not so much the old 1 x radio per Section or Platoon.

what if we do old equip. scenarios ?

Hence the idea of it being set in the scenario editor as opposed to global.

If old equipment turn it "on" (i.e have a dedicated radio guy), if new equipment turn it "off" to reflect the fact that soldiers now carry personal comms and don't necessarily rely on a dedicated guy with the radio.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

I am wondering if this should be a feature of the 'camouflage' selection of a specific party (so something that's an intrinsic feature rather than an explicit setting). Or mabye a combination of 'camouflage' and 'mission date' (so, just to throw out some ideas, a 1970s 'US camo' unit would not have individual radios, while one featured in '2010' scenario would have it..)

Well sure but that then puts the burden back on the developer to track which nationalities had what sort of comms system when.

The scenario editor option gives the choice to the scenario designer and also allows flexibility to reflect say the section from the 70s that have lost their radio (although you could replicate that by "damaging" the radio I guess).

Edited by Gibsonm

Real update of commander screen with all zoom levels when in general 3D cockpit view in Leopard 2E and 2A5. Right now we can access full zoom if we press the key to see fully the screen.

Also in the Abrams.

And also rendering of periscope windows in CV90 when general cockpit view. Also it only renders when access the view.

In general try to match correct functionalities of instruments and view windows inside the general view of commander cockpit. It give is a better perspective of battle with trackir.

On 3/27/2017 at 6:16 AM, Bond_Villian said:

no , imo quantity is not better then quality. you need to understnad that in most cases detailed interiors tie into functionality. Many of these vehicles have clickable functions, and in some cases have things like laser Displays or other features that wouldnt be there if it were just Gunner sight, and commander periscope, it part of  a better simulation experience and much more immersive.

otherwise if i thought that way and did not care for interiors,  may as well just play DCS : combined arms.

Edited by Kev2go

11 hours ago, Kev2go said:

no , imo quantity is not better then quality. you need to understnad that in most cases detailed interiors tie into functionality. Many of these vehicles have clickable functions, and in some cases have things like laser Displays or other features that wouldnt be there if it were just Gunner sight, and commander periscope, it part of  a better simulation experience and much more immersive.

otherwise if i thought that way and did not care for interiors,  may as well just play DCS : combined arms.

Why do you say that?

I prefer to have a wide selection of vehicles available and I don't care if they have playable crew positions or not. I use Steel Beasts without using those positions and enjoy it immensely. I have never played DCS : combined arms, but a quick look at their web page gives me the feeling of inferiority to Steel Beasts.

14 hours ago, Kev2go said:

in most cases detailed interiors tie into functionality. Many of these vehicles have clickable functions, and in some cases have things like laser Displays or other features that wouldnt be there if it were just Gunner sight

That is probably true for modern equipment, but older stuff like the Scorpion, AMX13, PT76 etc, not so much.

Also, i think the CR2 in SB is a good example of a modern vehicle that is playable with very little switchology. (which can be added over time as information becomes available)