Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Fully appreciate its a wish list.

I suspect though that if eSim combined the request on the previous page for "larger maps" and your request for "the GM / Instructor Host mode", then there would be very little difference between the Commercial and Military versions.

That would probably result in a price increase of the Commercial product to around that of the Military one - to reflect the lack of difference in feature set.

Having said that, maybe I can help you with the "GM" functionality - depending on what you are trying to achieve (happy to start a PM conversation on the topic).?

Edited by Gibsonm

On 21.4.2017 at 3:17 AM, ssidiver said:

So has the 4 in Lebanon 2006, with few damaged. In fact some of the propaganda at the time showed a Magach on it's side, claiming it was a knocked out Merkava 5.

I have gone to try and find the stats for the Merkava performance, can't locate those figures at the moment. But I have confirmed that the 4 entered service in 2002.

For the 2006 Lebanon War we have (waronline.org):

1)  45 tanks were hit by 51 ATGMS or RPGs.

2)  In 24 cases (47% of the number of hits) the HEAT warhead penetrated the  tank's armor.

3)  In 3 of those 24 cases the tank's ammunition exploded.

4)  5 tanks were total loses - 3 hits from ATGMs (one "Merkava" Mk.2, Mk.3 and Mk.4) and two from landmines (one "Merkava" Mk.2 and Mk.4).

5)  31 soldiers and/or personal KIA in tanks.  

6)  Another 4 soldier were also KIA (1 in a D9 bulldozer and 3 in a Puma Heavy APC).

5be0ed4f18aedde7f244d5f0dd9.jpg

67775-1-f.jpg

67775-2-f.jpg

23832405.jpg

59291221.jpg

71543661bh0tt2.jpg

74451783.jpg

-6AHLkHRKAM.jpg

23036289.jpg

post1311155101186sm8.jpg

VAw8j.jpg

Edited by lavictoireestlavie
typo ! :(

wow... I don't know how to wish this after those images.. but...

I thing I would like to see in tanks where TC has the map on one screen as the M1A2 or others is the posibility of seeing the map pan and move it while in 3D TC cockpit. So I can see the map and the TC view screen also at the same time (that would be another wish. that screen to have same functions as the same screen when entering it into 2D view)

And it would be awesome if we could plot courses in the 3D map.

terraforming in the map editor- in a similar sense that wadis can 'painted' in the map to editor, hills, rises, mountains would also be created, in other words, any  pre-existing map can be loaded and edited in the map tool to create a map with new terrain elevation data.

staying in the map editor- proper raised sidewalks, or a raised foundation able to be placed under buildings to give the appearance of sidewalks.

No, I cannot control the binoculars with Trackir, and no problem because of that. And no, I cannot enter the CITV just zooming. I just can zoom. But as you can see the difference beetween a zoom and entering is just that I cannot control the view with my joystick. As said, it would be interesting to control also the map from the general view if possible. Right now that cockpit view is almost decorative, but if we allow users to control both elements there, then more people will like to be in that camera position, as it gives more situation awareness

OH.. I thing that I just saw is that in the M1A2 I can control the camera with the joystick if I press the P key at the same time, as it is inside the 2D view. BUT I cannot do that in the Leopard 2A5 or 2E. I think is a bug maybe? Because the functionability is there already.. but only in the Abrams.

Of course I cannot control the map view. That would be awesome.

I have off and on looked for this feature, so maybe it exists, but I can't find it...

Is there a hot key to change sides in the editor?  When testing a scenario, I would like to quickly change sides in the world view to get a perspective from both sides for setting up positions.  To add to that, in test mode when paused, I would like to be able to use the menus and edit as if unpaused so that I can make changes without the clock ticking down.  Both of these would be small productivity boosters for scenario design.

51 minutes ago, thewood said:

Is there a hot key to change sides in the editor?  When testing a scenario, I would like to quickly change sides in the world view to get a perspective from both sides for setting up positions.

Top right hand corner of the 2D / map view.

You can cycle through however many sides are involved.

Edited by Gibsonm

I think I requested this before, but I can't find it.  In the AAR, can we have shorter increments than 4 seconds.  If we could get it down to at least a second between frames, that would help in reviewing not only an event, but what led to an event.  In lieu of that, could we make any firing of a weapon an event.  Sometimes, from a scenario building standpoint, a fired but missed shot is as important as a hit.

Again, these are interesting from a play perspective, but from a scenario building perspective, they are good productivity boosters.

21 minutes ago, thewood said:

I think I requested this before, but I can't find it.  In the AAR, can we have shorter increments than 4 seconds.  If we could get it down to at least a second between frames, that would help in reviewing not only an event, but what led to an event.  In lieu of that, could we make any firing of a weapon an event.  Sometimes, from a scenario building standpoint, a fired but missed shot is as important as a hit.

Again, these are interesting from a play perspective, but from a scenario building perspective, they are good productivity boosters.

That would inflate the size of the AAR file and decrease FPS....Going from 4 to 1 sec sampletime, increases the file size 4 time and need more resources for saving/processing the samples.

F.e.: MG -3, Rh202 firing at 1000+ rpm, you have houndreds of events per second

Edited by Grenny

Well.. it would be desirable to leave to the user to choose the recording frequency. Even I would add another feature to record more frames per second in a certain period of time. Falcon does it. You press F key and starts recording all around the theater, with lots of tanks, planes, misiles, etc.. and it does it well. Then when we leave the battle zone or when we want we press F again and the file is recorded to be analyzed later.

Edited by Japo32

12 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

Well.. it would be desirable to leave to the user to choose the recording frequency. Even I would add another feature to record more frames per second in a certain period of time. Falcon does it. You press F key and starts recording all around the theater, with lots of tanks, planes, misiles, etc.. and it does it well. Then when we leave the battle zone or when we want we press F again and the file is recorded to be analyzed later.

Yes, but the AAR system is intended a training tool, where everyone records the same during a session...

Yes, of course I understand.. I don't know if that can be only made client side so not affect others. But sometimes I wish to see more as real time replay to see situations more clear.. and why not, enjoy the battle from a cinematic perspective. 

It that can be done client side without affecting any other user, or just single player, I think it can be done.