Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

3 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

To change sides put your mouse pointer over the sides pull down and use your mouse wheel. You may need to click once to focus it.

I'll say it again...in the 3D world.  Maybe I missed it, but this only works in the map.

3 hours ago, Grenny said:

That would inflate the size of the AAR file and decrease FPS....Going from 4 to 1 sec sampletime, increases the file size 4 time and need more resources for saving/processing the samples.

F.e.: MG -3, Rh202 firing at 1000+ rpm, you have houndreds of events per second

I just ran a single player game with about 75 units for 20 minutes.  The AAR file size was 20Mb.  So it would be 80Mb.  An hour run would be 300Mb.  Make it single player only if you want or only when running in test mode.  Make AAR an option when running as a selection in the editor.  There has to be some way to give the option of having more granular recordings when needed.  I am kind of surprised file size came up as an issue.  For smaller scenarios, the file size is tiny.  As to FPS, making it an option would solve that.

If you don't want to invest in the SP side of the game, that's fine.  Put it in the editor only to make scenario development a little easier.

3 hours ago, thewood said:

I'll say it again...in the 3D world.  Maybe I missed it, but this only works in the map.

The problem is you didn't include that piece of information (in the 3D world) in your first post - which is what myself and others were responding to.

The question you asked was:

8 hours ago, thewood said:

Is there a hot key to change sides in the editor?

If you are clear / specific initially it avoids a bit of confusion.

Edited by Gibsonm

I may be completely off base here.  I assumed there were other single players.  It seems that a lot of the responses here are from people talking about MP play perspective.  If asking for SP features is out of whack, I'll stop posting requests around SP and save everyone's time.  

1 hour ago, thewood said:

I may be completely off base here.  I assumed there were other single players.  It seems that a lot of the responses here are from people talking about MP play perspective.  If asking for SP features is out of whack, I'll stop posting requests around SP and save everyone's time.  

Why? Noone is bothered with you having your main interesst in single player. But why do you react kind of pissed, when someone points out that some things might have a undesired effect on online sessions?

I am not pissed.  Far from it.  I am asking honestly.  I just went back and looked and my perception is most of the people who respond here are MP or respond from an MP perspective.  It seems the focus of the development is more on what MP players need and SP comes along for the ride.  I am OK with that.  I just want to know so I'll not waste my time or yours and just play with what I have.

Given that its a "wish list" I think you can ask for whatever you want.

Of course asking for it doesn't mean you'll get it. :)

The Developers then need to do a cost/benefit (effort/return) type analysis to workout if its "worth" doing. Then I presume they need to prioritise.

I don't think SP vs MP comes into it, unless what oyu are wishing for from a SP perspective absolutely ruins MP. I'm not in a position to judge if what you are wishing for does that or not.

To my mind - post way. The developers will read or discard what you write but if it isn't there, they wont know.

one thing id like to know.. is it possible to get the feature to be able to lase from the TC position via his tim when he is running in the hunter kill mode.. of course only for those vehicles that have that aswell in real life or is that too difficult?..

dk

• Members

Since you're referring to the TIM specifically (=Leopard 2A5+), it does exactly the kind of things we were told that it can (like, there's only one laser, you you need to be in KW mode/EMES replication view to lase while overriding the gunner).

3 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

The problem is you didn't include that piece of information (in the 3D world) in your first post - which is what myself and others were responding to.

The question you asked was:

If you are clear / specific initially it avoids a bit of confusion.

He asked if there was a hot key, which there currently is not. He also specified that he "would like to quickly change sides in the world view to get a perspective from both sides for setting up positions."

It seemed pretty clear to me; I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. :)

On a Leo with a commander pannel(Leo 2E, Strv122 i think are the only ones in sb) we need a way to check laser range from TC position, on a real leopard,commander can read the range on those pannels, but they are not functional on sb. The ideal solution of course is make those pannels functional, but if that is not possible something like print the range on the  corner of the map, or send by text as a radio message, or make the gunner shout the range would work.

11 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Sometimes it just happens ... without malice.

Good! That movie was terrible!

Seriously though, a hotkey to switch sides in the mission editor would be a nice feature. I would definitely use it!

Also, just to bring it up again, the Olifant Mk1A, and the Ratel IFV in Steel Beasts would make me a happy man. I'm not going to hold my breath, but just throwing it out there.

The FV721 FOX recon vehicle would be fun ( i know its pretty much a Scimitar on wheels and with commanders peri), or even better; the version with the MILAN on it. I really like the older and lighter equipment, would also love to have the Scorpion and PT76 as crewable (with or without pretty interiors to look at).

Thanks to Esim for a great game that keeps getting better :)

Fox_2.gif

Edited by Bond_Villian

Wonder if it would be an idea for the Devs to post a vehicle wishlist/poll which we could vote for ? Say 3ish votes each.

That way they could limit the list to vehicles that  they have info for or want to do even.

Anything on the list would not be a commitment, just an easier way for feedback instead of sorting through 200+ pages of requests.

I realise that most vehicles that make it into the game fall into the "Military Contract" orders category.

People could still post requests outside of the poll but anything within the poll might have a better chance of being realised.