Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

6 hours ago, Assassin 7 said:

<snip> Also it would be interesting to have the crew dazed say after a hard hit causing damage. Example would be under damage report “Gunner dazed” with a count down until he regains his awareness and if your in that position then your screen dims in and out as if your in a daze. Just ideas 

SB 1 had a version of this feature.

If you were in a sight view and the vehicle took a hit you were kicked back into the "F1 view" (As we know it now, it was just a static 2D picture of the interior back then)

Also the Stab would go off line on a more regular basis than it does now. (Making knowledge of Reversionary Gunnery methods a need rather than a luxuary, as it seems to be in today's SB Pro PE.)

Edited by Hedgehog

• Members

Once that we calculated the impulse transfer, we no longer felt it to be justifiable. That appraisal has, however, changed again, but it's still in the stage of a filed "enhancement" report in the bug tracking database. Eventually, though...

On 4/17/2019 at 12:16 AM, Ssnake said:

Once that we calculated the impulse transfer, we no longer felt it to be justifiable. That appraisal has, however, changed again, but it's still in the stage of a filed "enhancement" report in the bug tracking database. Eventually, though...

Kinda liked that feature, gave you a certain respect for the enemy's shooting ability.

And the lesson "displace, frequently"

In the scenario editor it would be nice to have some form of vehicle information card/panel, with armour, armament, weight, speed etc. I know the information is around on the WIKI and elsewhere, but it would be helpful when designing scenarios (and the maps for them) to have all that info at your fingertips.

Something akin to the attached image, but with less/more relevant data

MBT_Scorpion.jpg

Edited by Bond_Villian

9 hours ago, Ssnake said:

This is a wishlist thread. No need to ridicule each other.

Not intended as ridicule. But I should have given the context of this.

You had those times during exercises, when you just received or warmed up your lunch, and then an instructor/referee comes along and tells you:

- " You see a deer staggering out of the forest...the deer pukes..."

Thats the point when you know: You have to throw away your food for the day and spent the next hours under a "comfy" rubber mask.

So the barfing deer, became our key word for NBC-alert ...and after all these years, I finaly want to see one, even if its just in steelbeasts 😉

Would be nice to have the OPFOR units upgraded a bit. Nothing fancy or over the top, but latest T72 incarnation playable and so on: I dont really need interiors, just the ability to control them to some extent.

I often use NATO kit to mix it up a bit, which is fun too. But a interim or middleroad would sure be swell. ☺️ 

OH - and I might have missed it: but mixed minefields so with Anti-personnel mines mixed in.

And finally (and that should maybe be an easy one): the ability to call a MLRS or equivalent strike from off-map in the scenario editor, so same as the functionality that exists for artillery really. When I want or need it, I usually am forced to place and use a battery of BM-21 as proxy for it. 

Edited by Nike-Ajax

A zeuss functionality (Like in arma) where a guy with the role can move whole units by dragging them , can spawn new units ingame not in the scen designer , we mostly play with 1 or 2 opfor and its a pain to get units across river or through towns etc... and sometimes we run out of enemies or something goes wrong and you cant do anything about it. Its especially hard on the very long scen like 6 hours etc in advance too know everything that's going to happen and once you have started there is no stopping.

MD

Edited by Major duck

3 minutes ago, Major duck said:

A zeuss functionality (Like in arma) where a guy with the role can move whole units by dragging them , can spawn new units ingame not in the scen designer , we mostly play with 1 or 2 opfor and its a pain to get units across river or through towns etc... and sometimes we run out of enemies or something goes wrong and you cant do anything about it. Its especially hard on the very long scen like 6 hours etc in advance too know everything that's going to happen and once you have started there is no stopping.

MD

These are features, that are tied to the pro version.

You can do something similar with a bit of effort:

- add more units with triggers

- add a "referee side" that is allied with RED and BLUE so you can see both sides and better manage the game (using triggers and or another RED player)

It's more clumsy, but you can do a lot of the things needed.

• Members

Some of the things you want won't be added to the Personal Edition: There must be functional differences to the classroom version to justify a price difference, and were it not for the price difference, there couldn't be a Personal Edition to begin with since it's heavily subsidized by the profits made elsewhere.

The observer party, I don't think it's too onerous as a workaround. By default, someone hosting a scenario should be trusted not to have undue knowledge of a competing team's situation if he participates in the session. So we rather make things "safe by design" than to rely on personal integrity alone. There's an inherent competitive element in Steel Beasts which occasionally brings out the worst in people (like the adage that if you don't want to win by cheating, you're not trying hard enough). Create the option to cheat, and someone will use it. Or at least the smell of suspicion will always be in the air. Just think of the neverending debate about aim bots in first person shooter games (which can exist only because there's scripting tools and/or APIs to begin with).

I just realized, that I could wish something practical that would help me with my endless amount on Work in process missions.

It would be really nice if on mission editor (or mission selection pop up window in general) you could see mission briefing or small description of mission  (beside just name of it.) 

Sometimes it is hard to find right mission, if I don't remember it's name and I have to open several different missions that may take a bit of time to open, before finding the right one.  

So some kind of handy addition description box would be nice. 

5 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

It would be really nice if on mission editor (or mission selection pop up window in general) you could see mission briefing or small description of mission  (beside just name of it.) 

Sometimes it is hard to find right mission, if I don't remember it's name and I have to open several different missions that may take a bit of time to open, before finding the right one.  

So some kind of handy addition description box would be nice. 

There is the "Summary" Briefing section or do you mean something else?

This sort of thing:

<#name>
Border Patrol
<#summary0>
Seems like a Border incident scenario . But who knows .....

2 Reinforced Companies , mixed Units .
Patrol along a border , looking for enemy infiltration .

Frederic "Bluewings" Georges .
October 2004 .
<#summary1>
Border crossing and attack on an Enemy City .
Deliberate Assault .

You have Russian Units .
<#summary2>
<#summary3>
<#summary4>
<#summary5>
<#summary6>
<#summary7>
<#summary8>
<#summary9>
<#summary10>
<#summary11>
<#briefing0>

PATROL .

1) SITUATION :
                         Tensions raised the last months ....
                         So far , nothing happened yet . Not even a Border incident , but things are boiling up ...
                         Both sides 's Forces have been on Alert , the two Countries are watching each other 's move ...
                         Until today it seems .... 15 minutes ago , we 've lost contact with a Border Patrol (2 Piranhas and 2 Mercedes) .
                         They could have run into something as their last cut off radio message transmited machine gun fire .

<#summary0> Being the summary information for Blue

<#briefing0> Being the extended Brief for Blue

24 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

There is the "Summary" Briefing section or do you mean something else?

This sort of thing:

I am not entirely sure if we have understood each other well enough here. It sounds as if you are getting close.

Ill try to explain a bit better with screenshot.

So, yes as you said there is indeed a briefing section on single and multiplayer, where you can see summary of mission, if scenario designer has written one.

however when we go to mission editor we get this blank map, and then we go to File/Open and we see this pop up.

SS_13_25_24.thumb.png.c1c59b6d648c14f01f920649058ef57f.png

And here, we choose mission to work on. We click on different missions to select one. However often enough, with name alone I usually cant recall what mission i am looking, from all the many many missions I have been working on in past.

So I though it would be really nice if on that pop up there would be possibility to read bit of briefing too, or editors notes or something to more easily find the exact mission that's name I don't happen to remember, but want to edit now. 

Currently I often end up guessing and opening many missions in the editor before I find the one that I wanted to work on.

• Members

Well, one bug category is "enhancement". Disregarding well-founded arguments about semantics, the bug tracking database is our prime tool to not forget about things. And by telling you the number, you can be on the lookout in release notes whether "your thing" has been addressed.