Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

On 8/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, Maj.Hans said:

Although that would be great to have, I think those had optical rangefinders.

Yea as did earlier leopards.

But that's the idea. Mechanical ballistic computer and optical rangefinder for an earlier era.

Let me fix this:

On 8/25/2019 at 6:30 AM, Ssnake said:

Yes... except, that it isn't quite so easy. In Steel Beasts, nothing is easy, ever. :o

10 hours ago, Lt DeFault said:

I usually find it fairly easy to screw up and get myself killed in SB. So there's that.  Except dying.

There you go.

More operations campaings in future. I am loving the china farm Yom Kippur war. A shame that the Shot Kal don't have the full 3D cockpit but it is not really important in the campaing.

Wish had more in future even from users. (I know there are some campaign misions (scorpion?) but not as deep as the default one where the win or defeat in one would make different scenario in next.

9 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

You can do both of these presently. Admittedly there isn't a simple switch for it.

Hello Gibsonm,

let me guess. Damage the engine and then  trigger a repairIf? I think a helicopter would drop from the assigned flight ✈️ level and crash 💨 🔥  and I would loose a trigger.

27 minutes ago, Hoover said:

Hello Gibsonm,

let me guess. Damage the engine and then  trigger a repairIf? I think a helicopter would drop from the assigned flight ✈️ level and crash 💨 🔥  and I would loose a trigger.

Except of course you set the height to "ground level" ;)

Also no need for a trigger. Just set to repair it mission time = >1min or whatever you want.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators
On 8/22/2019 at 9:51 AM, Colebrook said:

Few wishes:

-Faster inf when nudging heavy weapons, right now is too slow to be useful

-PC/IFV resupplying their OWN inf at distance, like normal supply truck, with no need to mount/dismount inf.

-Tactics BP keeping the spacing from the previous route,not going to medium spacing always.

The nudging is intended only as a way to fine tune the placement of the weapon, to get it where you want it because maybe its just behind the hill crest, or right in front of a bush or tree. Its not intended to move the weapon in any substantial way like to pop out of cover and shoot, and fall back again. Instead you use it like this: stop in cover to setup a weapon (like a sagger team is perfect example). Then nudge forward towards the crest, wait, and do it again. It takes time, but this way you can sneak the weapon into position - not quickly - but under cover.  So the advance is that you can setup the weapon hidden, and slowly move into position.

Movement times are estimates and might change but we are also trying to avoid abuse, and because a setup weapon is pretty difficult to move.

Also keep in mind that every weapon has a different nudge time and nudge distance, and this depends on the complexity and weight of the weapon (they are not all the same). It would be quicker to move a .50 cal forward than a Sagger launcher, for example.

15 hours ago, Volcano said:

Its not intended to move the weapon in any substantial way like to pop out of cover and shoot, and fall back again.

Well this was my idea, yes.Is this unrealistic? I'm not asking for all weapons but we have light atgms, like javelins or dragon, no more than 40Kg, i think they move too slow for the weight. 

Edited by Colebrook

I'd like to see the ability to prioritise the type of unit a unit targets - for example to task an ATGW unit to target AAA/SAM systems to open the way for attack helicopters, or the helicopters themselves to target AAA/SAM systems. Ideally FOs/JTACs would have this capability too (assuming it isn't already in the sim).

I know this has been mentioned before, but i would really like to see the option to disable (or nerf in some way) the 'observer' position/view in multiplayer sessions. It has better zoom and wider field of view than the eyeball view... OP! ;)

Edited by Bond_Villian
**cough**also; a crewable chieftain**cough**