Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

37 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

I am sorry Grenny for my lack of knowledge:

Which playable T-72 in game have Lead prediction or am I misunderstanding you?

As for the nightvision yeah it kinda has ... but at its most basic. And when did anyone actually last play a nighttime scenario in MP?

So Thermals would be nice.

Its hardly something new that a great many of us wants an updated OPFOR vehicle. As I have stated several times before I do not care about the bells and whistles.

I just want the ability to actually gun it - so NOT internals or anything fancy. Just a sight á la Challenger.

With full respect for everyone and their opinion then I dont understand why we should keep debating it. At all.

This is a wishlist and this particular wish is nothing new. Nor am I alone in stating it. At all.

Either Esim does it or they do not do it. Its a binary thing.

So I wont state it again.

T72B/ T72B1

Yes, true, better OPFOR tanks would be nice...but there is no point things are not in game, that are in game

This has been mentioned before, but i wish it were possible to disable or limit the 'observer view' for vehicles in multiplayer matches. I recall someone saying that it might be problematic because an 'observing' player (a player that jumps to a unit that they do not own/control) needs a POV somewhere in the 3D world; perhaps in this instance the 'observer view' could be in the turret bustle or on the turret roof. 

I think this option for vehicles could illustrate the limited visibility and situational awareness of AFV crew. I imagine this option would not be viable for troops in their current state though.

+1 for the observer view.  I see how it might be easily abused in multiplayer.

Going back to views, I would like a way to tell the gunner and driver *NOT* to stop what they are doing when the TC enters a weapon sight view.  I'd like this to be an option in the drop down menu so that default behavior is still "textbook".

Particularly on the M60.  Sadly any time I use the front vision block my gunner just stops.  I would really like to be able to use my .50cal and sights to observe, or to be able to spray some suppressive fire without my gunner stopping his scan, or blast an ATGM team with all MGs at once.

24 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

A version of the M113 that can have a M240 instead of a 50cal, and not have chicken fence on it (as a proxy for the FV432)

ie; M113A1>optional weapon>M240

I thought we had that as an option already?  At least we did in the recent past.  I know I asked for this once before and I know we were able to do it in the past...

I think there is an M113G, 113G1 and or G2 with the MG42 (I mean MG3...) on them, without the chicken fence, and it may have the M240 as an option?  Ill have to look later.

In fact...I thought I uploaded a scenario in the past with M240 armed 113s as 432s... I used the ShotKal as a Centurion...

Edited by Maj.Hans

31 minutes ago, Maj.Hans said:

I thought we had that as an option already?  At least we did in the recent past.  I know I asked for this once before and I know we were able to do it in the past...

I think there is an M113G, 113G1 and or G2 with the MG42 (I mean MG3...) on them, without the chicken fence, and it may have the M240 as an option?  Ill have to look later.

In fact...I thought I uploaded a scenario in the past with M240 armed 113s as 432s... I used the ShotKal as a Centurion...

The only version that can have the M240 also has an RPG cage. The G2 has the MG3, but no option for the M240.

I checked every possible combination before making the wishlist entry, but feel free to check it again if you like :)

Edited by Bond_Villian

10 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

The G2 has the MG3, but no option for the M240.

Not to hijack your Wish List but the M113A2G is definitely your best current proxy for an FV432. MG3 instead of M240 but similar capability so not bad as far as proxies go. I've certainly got used to the M113A2G as a stand-in for an FV432 (in fact I'll be using it tonight) though a real FV432 in Steel Beasts would be nice -- conveniently at #5 on my Top 10 Wish List! 

1 hour ago, Bond_Villian said:

The only version that can have the M240 also has an RPG cage. The G2 has the MG3, but no option for the M240.

I checked every possible combination before making the wishlist entry, but feel free to check it again if you like

This is strange... I'm positive we had this in the past...but I think it may have been before the 113G2 was separate... Wonder if we lost that option in a patch with the new 3d models.

But yes 113A1/A2 with M240 would be great for use as 432 substitutions.

Copy existing AT-2C Swatter/Falanga missile from MI-8MT/MI-17 "Hip-H" to existing MI-24V "Hind".

Maybe it's not specifically correct to that specific version of Hind but I would be more than happy to slap it on there and pretend it's an older version.

ETA: While we're at it... Could the "Set Look of Carried Troops" option be expanded so that it includes the various other nations infantry?

For example, so that Blue can have some M1IP Abrams and some M2 Bradley using the US1980 camo, and then also have some Leopard 2 and Marder 1 with their carried troops set to the "DE1980" setting so they appear as West German infantry?

Edited by Maj.Hans

On 2/20/2020 at 2:11 AM, Bond_Villian said:

Im opting for the A1 with Ball ammo as a proxy. Has a UK skin, and doesnt have the benefit of the cage.

Zero, if the lack of a UK texture is all that's stopping you from using the a2G with MG3 as your proxy, PM me. I have a solution. 😉

6 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

Copy existing AT-2C Swatter/Falanga missile from MI-8MT/MI-17 "Hip-H" to existing MI-24V "Hind".

Maybe it's not specifically correct to that specific version of Hind but I would be more than happy to slap it on there and pretend it's an older version.

ETA: While we're at it... Could the "Set Look of Carried Troops" option be expanded so that it includes the various other nations infantry?

For example, so that Blue can have some M1IP Abrams and some M2 Bradley using the US1980 camo, and then also have some Leopard 2 and Marder 1 with their carried troops set to the "DE1980" setting so they appear as West German infantry?

Second.

Feature request

Noisemaker artillery / aircraft etc.

All the noise and none of the in world effects.

Distant boom of guns, distant crump of shells, but no HE Calculations etc.

For those all out war scenarios where you want to add to the immersion factor but where lots of arty processing can put strain on multiplayer host machines.

🙂

Could be arty target areas or spawn zones guns, shells.

So guns = duh duh duh

Shells = wop wop wop

In between = Eeeeee!

• 2 weeks later...

I just built a quick mission and a T-55 had no issues pulling back and going around.  A second test had a platoon of three where the first one was knocked out.  The second in line struggled a little with backing up because of the third tank in line, but they eventually sorted it out.  This was a village with maybe 5 meters on each side of the road.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:55 AM, Panzer_Leader said:

I'm really pleased with the direction eSim has taken the 4.x updates and my personal Wish List has done well out of them, including an updated ASLAV-25 3D model and interior in 4.019.  Although it doesn't change materially, I thought I should update my Wish List post-4.019:

1. Updated 3D model for ASLAV-PC <New ASLAV-25 3D model and interior released 4.019>
  2. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  3. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  4. M2/M3A1
  5. FV432
  6. ACRV IV14/15
  7. T-80BV
  8. SPG-9
  9. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model
  10. Updated 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet

Cheers

I did well out of 4.1 again with #6 on my Top 10 Wish List, the ACRV IV14/15, being included (not to mention the incredible improvements to the Steel Beasts environment and lethality). As I update my published scenarios for 4.162 I've been reflecting on a revised Top 10 Wish List, and here it is:

1. T-80BV
  2. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  3. M2/M3A1
  4. T-72B3
  5. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  6. 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet
  7. GAZ-66
  8. FV432
  9. SPG-9
  10. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model

I've prayed to the dev gods and I can only hope they're listening...