Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• 2 weeks later...

A recently opened menu item that lists the last 3-5 scenario files that have been opened would be a small time saver.  I accidentally open the wrong file more frequently that I probably should when I am switching back and forth between scenarios.  But with the time to load scenarios getting fairly lengthy, this would be a small quality of life help.

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well these days most "FO"s are trained to be JTACs anyway (able to do Artillery, Air, NGS, etc.).

Nonetheless, being able to separate them would give flexibility to scenario designers. Specifically in the instance where you want airstrikes to only be available in the event of a trigger or at a certain time, whilst having artillery available at other/all times. Currently they are inseperable, hence the wish.

26 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Nonetheless, being able to separate them would give flexibility to scenario designers. Specifically in the instance where you want airstrikes to only be available in the event of a trigger or at a certain time, whilst having artillery available at other/all times. Currently they are inseperable, hence the wish.

Ok forget I spoke.

Pointless responding to this thread.

19 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

IT-1

Earlier AT3 versions a, b, c

+1 even if the new AT3's have to use incorrect SACLOS guidance due to the current limitations of ProPE.  Do something else to them to simulate MCLOS guidance but remember that these will be mostly used in old scenarios anyway where modern military users likely have little interest.

While I'm wishing for things the devs will never have time to do, how about the Striker MGS, or possibly the RadKampfWagen 90?  lol

EXF_8x8_Radkampfwagen_90_pic1.thumb.JPG.39a750423227208f5bf7e943afa72c66.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

As happy as i was to see the introduction of the T-14 and some of the newer Russian APC/IVF etc. in the last updated.

It does not seem they will be deployed in numbers for a long time by the Russian federation anyway.( possibly they will be exported)

But as a intermediate solution Russia is deploying the T-90m proryv 

It looks like a very capable Tank on paper anyway its fire control system is atleast a match for most western systems.

And its thermal imagine system is better then some western counterparts (allegedly)

I hope it will make its way in to the next update.

T-90M_Proryv_main_battle_tank_Russia_Russian_army_defense_industry_925_002.jpg

Edited by Marko

8 hours ago, Colebrook said:

A suppression order working for buildings, so when you give the orders they don't shoot at the base of the  building, but at the building itself, randomly shooting at doors and windows at different floors.

Also, rifle grenades always land at the base of the building, it would be great if they actually went where you 'aimed' them

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the ability to set the camouflage pattern of specific units would be nice. 

For example, having Blue being a Battalion-sized US Task Force with an attached Germany Mech Infantry Company, with the German Mech Infantry Company not having US-looking Soldiers with M4s deploying from their Marders. 

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Different parties, different camo schemes. They can be allied. It's all there. You just have to either use a multi-party network session, or accept that some parties need to be fully scripted.

... which doesn't allow what I described above to be done in an offline session with the player in control, hence why it is on the wish list.

Edited by Mirzayev

4 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

... which doesn't allow what I described above to be done in an offline session with the player in control, hence why it is on the wish list.

+1 for this.

I will say that I could probably live with the vehicle schemes, but I think it would be great if we could use the "Set Look of Infantry" tool to set the infantry to look like other countries' troops.

• Members
8 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

Actually, it does in scenario Test Mode. It just requires your personal discipline not to mess around with OpFor at the same time. Just because you can do a lot more in Test Mode than to play a scenario doesn't mean that you have to mess around with everything. ;)