Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

17 minutes ago, ht-57 said:

I would ask for the ability for AI - FO to have the "ability/option" to call for fire missions on "single" units based on scenario designers intent.

I know its been said that irl it would be a waste to call a fire mission on a single unit but I digress, There are situations in sim where it could be utilized,

one example would be in multi player co-op mission where units have been divided for each person to control. another would be in sp where units have been divided  for micro management purposes, As It is now this situation could also be used to game the sim as you know ai isnt going to be calling fire missions on you if you divide units.

It wasn't that long ago that it worked this way. perhaps pre 4.0 but it wasn't an option, If I recall the change was called a fix- any how it would be a viable "option"

to have on the support page for mission design.

You can already do this - at least for scripted missions.

Create an event say "A" (e.g. unit X is in region Y)

For the scripted mission "fire if Event A is true" or similar.

Ty, Gibsonm,

I shall give this a go this eve. Gr8  idea, don't know why this didn't register in my brain, I guess I got stuck on the notion of "well it used to work this way so"=

instead of considering what is possible with the tools provided, thanks again for a very enlightening answer that will change my thought process going forward!

@Gibsonm,

Using an event and/ or condition a with region does not work for me (in essence means I'm overlooking something painfully obvious), I cannot get the AI FO to rain down hellfire and destruction on "divided" or single units.  I get the same result with just checking  "fire at will" as with a condition or event calling "start fire if if unit y is in region z".  If the "enemy"  platoon is divided into separate units the AI FO will not call for fire mission. As soon as the separate units are attached back into a platoon the AI FO calls for fire.

4 hours ago, ht-57 said:

@Gibsonm,

Using an event and/ or condition a with region does not work for me (in essence means I'm overlooking something painfully obvious), I cannot get the AI FO to rain down hellfire and destruction on "divided" or single units.  I get the same result with just checking  "fire at will" as with a condition or event calling "start fire if if unit y is in region z".  If the "enemy"  platoon is divided into separate units the AI FO will not call for fire mission. As soon as the separate units are attached back into a platoon the AI FO calls for fire.

You need to do this in the Mission Editor, hence the reference to "scripted missions"

Create the region, set the condition / event, then create the fire mission.

Happy to talk you through it if you want - i'll PM you when near the machine.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Yes but that requires a change to the entire map package.

It would be nice to have those objects placeable in the scenario editor much like the bunkers and ISO containers.

Exatly!  because changing map, and expecting others to download entire map because of such modest change... makes no sense to me :( 

Edited by Lumituisku

25 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Exatly!  because changing map, and expecting others to download entire map because of such modest change... makes no sense to me :( 

Well, you can make a delta-map which will only tranfer the changes you made...

The ability to just type in a value when editing themes.

Currently there are "sliders":

261229138_Themeslider.png.0f38fef061bffaafd7082693b65aeba6.png

When you want to adjust the number I at least end up "enjoying" a bracketing process of add / drop until I get the right number (agreed the "right" number is open to interpretation).

8 sliders x 16 terrain types = frustration

As opposed to clicking on a box and typing a number in.

Perhaps a box and a slider?

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

The ability to just type in a value when editing themes.

Currently there are "sliders":

261229138_Themeslider.png.0f38fef061bffaafd7082693b65aeba6.png

When you want to adjust the number I at least end up "enjoying" a bracketing process of add / drop until I get the right number (agreed the "right" number is open to interpretation).

8 sliders x 16 terrain types = frustration

As opposed to clicking on a box and typing a number in.

Perhaps a box and a slider?

Agreed. I guess that will come with the UI upgrade.

The ability to create conditional penalty zones and graphics in the mission editor.

These functionalities would make for some very interesting possibilities.

There has been mention of this 'new UI' , im very curious to see what kinds of changes are coming to the Map and Mission Editors. i reckon i spend 95% of my SB time in these!

22 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

Well , for myself , I would like to see a non-TES (Theater Entry Standard) version. may be more 'do-able' than the interior. :) but yes, someday a inside CR2 would be excellent. :)  File:Challenger 2 Tank MOD 45148907.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

The Vanilla version is only a range / training area thing (Saves on diesel wear etc) so that would pretty much fly in the face of Ssnake's "thing" about "Range Targets" in SB.

I.E. the only place you'd see a CR2 Vanilla is on the Firing Range.

9 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

The Vanilla version is only a range / training area thing (Saves on diesel wear etc) so that would pretty much fly in the face of Ssnake's "thing" about "Range Targets" in SB.

I.E. the only place you'd see a CR2 Vanilla is on the Firing Range.

I see them on BATUS...:), and

Challenger 2 main battle tanks of the King's Royal Hussars  during Exercise Furious Axe in Latvia

Challenger%2B2%2Bmain%2Bbattle%2Btanks%2Bof%2Bthe%2BKing%2527s%2BRoyal%2BHussars%2Bprepare%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bday%2Bof%2Blive%2Bfiring%2Bduring%2BExercise%2BFurious%2BAxe%2Bin%2BLatvia.jpgand NATO’s enhanced Forward Presence Battlegroup in Estonia,

HOHENFELS, Germany - A British Army Challenger II tank from the 3rd Battalion, Mercian Regiment, scans for targets during exercise Saber Junction, on Hohenfels Training Area, Oct. 28British Challenger 2 Main Battle TankFile:Challenger 2 tank from the British Armed Force's 3rd Battalion (2).jpg  - Wikimedia Commons

Edited by 12Alfa

On 6/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, Ssnake said:

This is precisely why I didn't want to have hand weapon artwork in the first place. They are all Boom Sticks. Aside from the ammunition caliber and the associated max range, these are nothing but window dressing. There is no functional difference worth discussing in the context of Steel Beasts Pro and this simulation's focus.

Squint.

Harder.

Or just give them the existing AK model we already have and tell someone else to paint it black if its really that important lol

On 8/31/2020 at 11:33 PM, 12Alfa said:

I see them on BATUS...:), and

Challenger 2 main battle tanks of the King's Royal Hussars  during Exercise Furious Axe in Latvia

Challenger%2B2%2Bmain%2Bbattle%2Btanks%2Bof%2Bthe%2BKing%2527s%2BRoyal%2BHussars%2Bprepare%2Bfor%2Ba%2Bday%2Bof%2Blive%2Bfiring%2Bduring%2BExercise%2BFurious%2BAxe%2Bin%2BLatvia.jpgand NATO’s enhanced Forward Presence Battlegroup in Estonia,

HOHENFELS, Germany - A British Army Challenger II tank from the 3rd Battalion, Mercian Regiment, scans for targets during exercise Saber Junction, on Hohenfels Training Area, Oct. 28British Challenger 2 Main Battle TankFile:Challenger 2 tank from the British Armed Force's 3rd Battalion (2).jpg  - Wikimedia Commons

Or Exercises.

In War, they'd have all the toys added.

(All the scenarios I make are generally War Scenarios)

On 8/31/2020 at 12:27 AM, 12Alfa said:

Well , for myself , I would like to see a non-TES (Theater Entry Standard) version. may be more 'do-able' than the interior. :) but yes, someday a inside CR2 would be excellent. :)  File:Challenger 2 Tank MOD 45148907.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

While it would be good to have the vanilla option I'd rather they added the extra side turret armour.

Challenger-2-Street-Fighter.jpg

Challenger-2-Street-Fighter-of-the-Royal-Scots-Dragon-Guards-On-the-ragnes-in-Iraq.jpg