Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I am not entirely sure how to write this to be understood correctly so please don't judge me too harshly.  

I suppose what I and my friends wish for... is sort of damage modeling that isn't on / off as in currently.   Right now it seems that all fuel tanks, and ammo racks are... eeeer...  modeled as one?   I mean, one get's damaged so all are out. 

Same with coolan leaks (cv9030)   and so..   I wish for modeling that would have more randomization  of how much... damage there is and more invidualization...  i mean..  for example with fueltank or coolant leak, crew could find safe place and do some quick "repairs"   or changes so that not everything leaks out.   Actually... same would be nice for Crew damage..  we have buddy aid for infantry already... so maybe something could be possible in future too for AFVs.  

Also..  Fire and deformation..   to have.. more visual of damage to own and enemy unit.  

Reason I wish for these.. is that

especially fuel leak is very common and very extremely annoying reason for mission kill of unit.   

Ammorack I can understand to some extend but one can wish for better right? 

And yes I know that medic vehicle can heal crew... but I think tanks have medic bags too? for small injuries.  So... a small injuries could be dealt inside vehicle with smaller amount of time or something like that. 

Again.. all this calls for advanced damage modeling..  that I suppose most can argue isn't necessary and is more of a visual candy.  Yet...   this is wish list  sooo  here it is.   

Sooo yeah.  Perhaps in next gen Steelbeast,     in 20XX.     😜

5 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

I am not entirely sure how to write this to be understood correctly so please don't judge me too harshly.  

I suppose what I and my friends wish for... is sort of damage modeling that isn't on / off as in currently.   Right now it seems that all fuel tanks, and ammo racks are... eeeer...  modeled as one?   I mean, one get's damaged so all are out. 

Same with coolan leaks (cv9030)   and so..   I wish for modeling that would have more randomization  of how much... damage there is and more invidualization...  i mean..  for example with fueltank or coolant leak, crew could find safe place and do some quick "repairs"   or changes so that not everything leaks out.   Actually... same would be nice for Crew damage..  we have buddy aid for infantry already... so maybe something could be possible in future too for AFVs.  

Also..  Fire and deformation..   to have.. more visual of damage to own and enemy unit.  

especially fuel leak is very common and very extremely annoying reason for mission kill of unit.   

And yes I know that medic vehicle can heal crew... but I think tanks have medic bags too? for small injuries.  So... a small injuries could be dealt inside vehicle with smaller amount of time or something like that. 

Again.. all this calls for advanced damage modeling..  that I suppose most can argue isn't necessary and is more of a visual candy.  Yet...   this is wish list  sooo  here it is.   

👍 +1

6 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

When as a crew we had a coolent leak (indicated by engine temp/visual) the AFV is shut down, period. There is "no randomization  of how much".This is done to prevent more    leakage/damage. Your wish if this is, the case is wrong. Same goes fuel leaks, this damage is very dangerous to the crew, the AFV is shut down till it is fixed. We can drive while this is     indicated in the sim true, in battle one would do certain things to stay alive,the sim teaches the consequences of such decisions, mostly the AFV becomes noneffective shortly....as it   should.        

You can move to a safe place and shut down to repair most issues given the mission times,this may or not meet these times. But you can do as you wish already

Edited by 12Alfa

2 minutes ago, 12Alfa said:

When as a crew we had a coolent leak (indicated by engine temp/visual) the AFV is shut down, period. There is "no randomization  of how much".This is done to prevent more    leakage/damage. Your wish if this is, the case is wrong. Same goes fuel leaks, this damage is very dangerous to the crew, the AFV is shut down till it is fixed. We can drive while this is     indicated in the sim true, in battle one would do certain things to stay alive,the sim teaches the consequences of such decisions, mostly the AFV becomes noneffective shortly....as it           should.        

As a training tool for correct procedures that (as I understand) it was intended for...  not for...  fictional / movie scenario stuff that is reckless and dangerous IRL

More wishes

1 - As Commander of  Inside the vehicle to have ability to Turn off automatic pathfinding  or select  what pathfinding player wants driver of his vehicle to use    No automatic pathfinning / Follow roads /  Cross country. 

Currendly if youre in commander position on vehicle, AI driver will automatically  follow roads, and there are situations where this is not desidable.  (Some maps [Especially finland] are worse in this than others. With lot of aligned roads next to each other)  If one has single vehicle, this often results that if player want's to stay in line with other vehicles, AI driver will  constantly try to drive to road.   Alternatively it would be nice if driver in vehicle could assume tactics of route..   for example Scout or breach route and stick to those even if commander of vehicle tells him to deviade from route.  But the moment he deviates from route, AI driver will constantly begin to try to use roads.   Even if connected route  would be Scout or Breach route.  

2 - I would very much love to be able to plot routes without going to map view.    Like same way as you do it in "overhead view"   and even better if one could set his own hotkeys for routes...  like  engage and retreat and so..   and just press hotkey and you could be able to plot route and waypoints  while for example out of hatch.. or visionblock view.   Yes I know that  this is possibly by mouse clicking on some extend, and more so on some vehicles than others.  (for example Leopards where commander can do this from day peri view. While not so on most if all other vehicles.)   But this would be even nicer if you could use or choose hotkey to do these.  1-0  numbers do not seem to be currently used in Steelbeast and perhasp could be used for quick commands for AI.  

3 - ability to choose and rank priority target types for your own vehicle / platoon    so that your vehicle would save its ammunition for what it can and other vehicles nearby cannot deal with instead of shooting and focusing on everything possible.

4 - More stamina to infantry...  lot more   than even Elite forces currently have.   While current stamina is somewhat within reason, it still hinders infantry way beoynd what I and my friends find reasonable because of game mechanics.  More stamina (especially Yellow bar)  would be forgiving and make using troop forces more usable rather than a burden.     

5 -  Concertina vire option to more vehicles.   It seems that mostly only Danish vehicles have that option currently. 

6 - More small force / Single player friendly scenarios  (Platoon size)   And more "Easy" but heavily randomized scenarios 

7 - Alternative "noob" friendly  more visual "game" manual bit like original Steelbeast had.   (This is something that I may take to be my project in future...  )

8  - On vehicles with machine gun or missile mounts that swing freely  and can also rotate with cupola..   alternative way of turning cupola.. perhaps arrow keys.  

Im sure I could go on an on...  but heres for now.  1  is most important to me

Edited by Lumituisku

23 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

More wishes

1 - As Commander of the vehicle to have ability to Turn off automatic pathfinding  or select  what pathfinding player wants his driver to use    No automatic pathfinning / Follow roads /  Cross country 

Im sure I could go on an on...  but heres for now.  1  is most important to me

And I'm pretty sure its already there. :)

Have a look under the options menu in a given mission.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, Hedgehog said:

More Centurions as crewable

Mk 6/2, 9/2, 10/2, 11, 12, 13 were the ones with RMG.

After all we seem to have all the Leopard varients under sun.

More Centurions as crewable..:)

we seem to have all the Leopard varients under sun.Canadian Tanks Stomp Taliban | WIREDreally?

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

And I'm pretty sure its already there. :)

Have a look under the options menu in a given mission.

Do you mean this?  image.png.dd70d976d9e8a7aa4f8a5b37cbb0385f.png if so...  No  it affects not at all of vehicle pathfinding that youre commander of, especially if youre giving lot of orders with  A D  keys.  

11 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

1 - As Commander of  Inside the vehicle to have ability to Turn off automatic pathfinding  or select  what pathfinding player wants driver of his vehicle to use    No automatic pathfinning / Follow roads /  Cross country. 

Currendly if youre in commander position on vehicle, AI driver will automatically  follow roads, and there are situations where this is not desidable.  (Some maps [Especially finland] are worse in this than others. With lot of aligned roads next to each other)  If one has single vehicle, this often results that if player want's to stay in line with other vehicles, AI driver will  constantly try to drive to road.   Alternatively it would be nice if driver in vehicle could assume tactics of route..   for example Scout or breach route and stick to those even if commander of vehicle tells him to deviade from route.  But the moment he deviates from route, AI driver will constantly begin to try to use roads.   Even if connected route  would be Scout or Breach route.  

-----

10 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

This is already possible, click on your vehicle in 3d, in the bottom right corner

yes to some extend but I would like it to be refined... a lot.  it could possibly be made a lot better  and user friendly avoiding need of extensive mouse moving and clicking as is necessary currendly.

2 - I would very much love to be able to plot routes without going to map view.    Like same way as you do it in "overhead view"   and even better if one could set his own hotkeys for routes...  like  engage and retreat and so..   and just press hotkey and you could be able to plot route and waypoints  while for example out of hatch.. or visionblock view.   Yes I know that  this is possibly by mouse clicking on some extend, and more so on some vehicles than others.  (for example Leopards where commander can do this from day peri view. While not so on most if all other vehicles.)   But this would be even nicer if you could use or choose hotkey to do these.  1-0  numbers do not seem to be currently used in Steelbeast and perhasp could be used for quick commands for AI.  

More wishes

Pretty sure that is not right.

The Vehicle will go where you tell it to - of course if you have "shift clicked" so the route is locked the the road then of course it will follow the road.

If you are in the Commander's seat and the driver isn't going where you want them to you can always get them to drive exactly where you want with the relevant keys.

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to say?

2 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Pretty sure that is not right.

The Vehicle will go where you tell it to - of course if you have "shift clicked" so the route is locked the the road then of course it will follow the road.

If you are in the Commander's seat and the driver isn't going where you want them to you can always get them to drive exactly where you want with the relevant keys.

Or maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to say?

Im trying to say...  that I do not find any way of disabling automatic pathfinding from my vehicle to situations where I would want to drive next to road manually with A, D  keys, for example to Cooperate with another tank trying to clear a road together so that both tanks come  to bends of road same time.    Only way to do so, seems to be to make a route that one selects to have no pathfinding.    

4 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Im trying to say...  that I do not find any way of disabling automatic pathfinding from my vehicle to situations where I would want to drive next to road manually with A, D  keys, for example to Cooperate with another tank trying to clear a road together so that both tanks come  to bends of road same time.    Only way to do so, seems to be to make a route that one selects to have no pathfinding.    

Try double tapping the W key. It turns off auto pathing for manual movement.

• Members

If a human player is in the observer's or commander's seat, a unit is automatically in assault mode (and it's up to the player to tell the vehicle (/platoon) to stop, assume battleposition, open/hold fire, etc. To that extent movement tactics-dependent behaviors are all disabled. Just so we're all working from the same page.

On 8/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, stormrider_sp said:

That looks amazing!

showing my complete lack of knowledge on the subject.

But could you simply import a model and integrate it in to the SB next update/grade

What about the switchology aspect.etc

Edited by Marko

6 hours ago, Ssnake said:

If a human player is in the observer's or commander's seat, a unit is automatically in assault mode (and it's up to the player to tell the vehicle (/platoon) to stop, assume battleposition, open/hold fire, etc. To that extent movement tactics-dependent behaviors are all disabled. Just so we're all working from the same page.

For the sake of clarity and accurate information; human player in observer view does not automatically disable or interfere with any standing orders (routes, fire control, BP's or anything else).

Also, being in commanders seat does not automatically cancel or change any existing fire control orders.

A short video to demonstrate a unit on scout route, with route tactics unaffected bu human in observer, and fire control unaffected by presence of human in commander position.

On 9/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

Try double tapping the W key. It turns off auto pathing for manual movement.

Eeeer, no?   I tested and all it does it gives command for driver to go for top speed.. and even on that there is automatic pathfinding after a moment.    I can't seem to find way to disable it for manual driving and generally..  only by making a route and setting it to have no pathfinding? (or using scout or breach route)  

When's comes this that double tap would disable auto patfinding?  From infantry controls? 

• Members
15 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

For the sake of clarity and accurate information; ... being in commanders seat does not automatically cancel or change any existing fire control orders.

Welllll... not for the AI controlled members in your platoon. But since the AI Gunner will ask you to confirm targets that he spots rather than open fire independently, this kinda does change the fire control orders in the sense that it puts a human into the loop; a failure to confirm the fire order effectively is like a "hold fire" order.