Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I haven't read through all 279 pages of this topic, so please tell me if it has already been mentioned.

One thing I would like to see is exploding or disappearing trees and bushes after an artillery strike.

At present you can pour HE and ICM all over a forest and nothing happens, it still looks like it did before the strike and gives the same amount of cover.

28 minutes ago, Brakefan said:

I haven't read through all 279 pages of this topic, so please tell me if it has already been mentioned.

One thing I would like to see is exploding or disappearing trees and bushes after an artillery strike.

At present you can pour HE and ICM all over a forest and nothing happens, it still looks like it did before the strike and gives the same amount of cover.

terrain effects of artillery and other munitions would indeed be nice. (altough ICM would not do much in that regards anyway...there a model for leaving behind UXO risks for own units after the strike would be nice)

Hope there is a way to implement that without too much strain on the games performance...

• Members
3 hours ago, Brakefan said:

Me too.

The problem lies in certain data structures (we need more bits in a certain byte than we have, and you can put only eight into one), so this is probably something we can address only with a new engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish:

1. A copy and paste feature in the map editor

2. More structure 'blocks' (more than a single building object, example: Object 167)

Object 167:

image.thumb.png.a12d630a9b02970de716d16a5cfaf5f1.png

Example:

3d fbx buildings city block architectural | City block, Building concept,  Building

I will never be able to complete this map with the current limitations of the editor. Hand placing every building is insanity. 

image.thumb.png.9550bc40bcd509b7cda848316f2b5921.png

Edited by Apocalypse 31

On 10/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, Ssnake said:

Me too.

The problem lies in certain data structures (we need more bits in a certain byte than we have, and you can put only eight into one), so this is probably something we can address only with a new engine.

Will artillery make craters in the new release as IED's do now ? or do Artillery craters create the same problem as exploding trees and bushes etc.  ?

Edited by Parachuteprone

• Members

Because of the wider implications and complications that artillery cratering causes, we decided to postpone the introduction of the feature. Deforming the terrain is one thing, making computer-controlled drivers react adequately to cratered terrain is quite another.

1 minute ago, Ssnake said:

Because of the wider implications and complications that artillery cratering causes, we decided to postpone the introduction of the feature. Deforming the terrain is one thing, making computer-controlled drivers react adequately to cratered terrain is quite another.

Ok thanks for the reply

Please remove the "Template does not fit" restriction from the mission editor. As you can see in the screenshot below, it has plenty of space to fit yet a dozen more battalions if the scenario author wished to do so, which means that currently, the restriction is not dependent on the scenario size or number units but on a fixed presumption. For example, one can insert one full Motorized Rifle Regiment consisting of 4x full battalions, but cannot insert 3x individual battalions. (?!)

Please, remove this restriction altogether.

SS_10_17_42.thumb.jpg.0ef603cebaa90632bd11ec77923de680.jpgSS_10_36_17.thumb.jpg.3d2c5d78179b6e3df64d0e002d1114e4.jpg

Edited by stormrider_sp

• Members

No.

The problem is that adding such a template would potentially violate double combatant IDs and possibly overflow the max number of allowed units. Once that you have more than callsigns from a single company, it's considered a "max size" template and the current solution is the only safe implementation.

Stick to company scale templates with nothing but a single company's callsigns, and you can compose your larger formations as you please. Once done, save them as a BN task force. But only then.

Be nice to have the sound of rain when outside of the turret on a rainy day, and the slight sound of snow hitting metal in a storm.

It would have no gameplay value but would be great for immersion.

I should add : There is the sound of Thunder in game now.

Edited by Parachuteprone