Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1 minute ago, Bond_Villian said:

Open the map in the map editor, delete the problematic bridge, rejoin the road ends, then select 'bridge roads' in the top drop down menu.

Relevant keyboard shortcuts can be viewed within map editor, theres a list available in the top menu somewhere.

lol Thanks man.

Yes I kind of knew this would be coming and I guess I walked straight in to that one. 

;)   I guess I'm a bit unsatisfied with how this sim is being updated when sold to the public.

3 hours ago, JUST said:

Can you please describe the fix for me ?

Pre-4.0 you could just manually edit the map, open the scenario in the editor and update the map. 

Now it requires that you build a delta of the original map package, publish the delta map, change the scenario map to that specifically modified delta. Probably not a huge deal if you're just playing single player - but a pain in the butt if you're going to play MP, as everyone will need the new delta map. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

• Members

The map transfer manager would take care of that ... if you have a map server under your control. We just can't open the eSim Games map server to accep just anyone's uploads because this is the internet, and it'd open the door for copyright litigation and/or criminals and trolls to take advantage of "free web space".

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

The map transfer manager would take care of that ... if you have a map server under your control. We just can't open the eSim Games map server to accep just anyone's uploads because this is the internet, and it'd open the door for copyright litigation and/or criminals and trolls to take advantage of "free web space".

if needed, 507RCC has it own map server.

config on request.

I do the deploiement files process

• Members

The idea would be that you all add a handful of community servers like this to the search list. Say, you have the 507RCC server among them, a Kanium server, the German 911 server, the chance of not finding a map in a network game would be rather slim. It might not work out to have 100 servers in the config file (but how likely is it to have 100 Steel Beasts map servers active, ever...) but half a dozen should work just fine.

My wish is that when other tanks call out reports, like tanks sighted or something that they would identify their unit- "Alpha 3, Tank!" or "Bravo 2 PC!" I hate when I'm going through or pincering a town or forest and someone calls out a tank and I have no idea who spotted it so I have no idea who to order to do what.

And how about a hole graphic for when a tank is hit but doesn't blow up? or even a scorch mark? It could even be a generic texture replacement.

And for my third wish, (this is from the TC posit) I wish the gunner wouldnt insta-switch from a target he's hit and killed. It's just not realistic. The HEAT round hits, the enemy target blows up, or he doesn't blow up. But the gunner keeps the sight on him 3-5 seconds until he's sure the tank is dead. Did a HEAT round just trigger some ERA? Did the SABOT penetrate and kill or did it just stick? Have the gunner wait and see, even if the game logic has counted it as a kill.

When my tank gets hit, how about my view slaps around some like it would in real life (maybe gets stuck staring at the turret floor), along with that that "Oof!" so it's more obvious that I've been hit, or killed.

And rabbits? ARMA has rabbits. (joke)

3 hours ago, iamfritz said:

When my tank gets hit, how about my view slaps around some like it would in real life (maybe gets stuck staring at the turret floor), along with that that "Oof!" so it's more obvious that I've been hit, or killed.

@iamfritz Well I can't help with face planting the turret basket but this might help:

Just don't have the volume too high the first time you use it. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

My wish is that when other tanks call out reports, like tanks sighted or something that they would identify their unit- "Alpha 3, Tank!" or "Bravo 2 PC!" I hate when I'm going through or pincering a town or forest and someone calls out a tank and I have no idea who spotted it so I have no idea who to order to do what.

Tank.png.b463ca9fe1fd05b4244ae60bba9565e3.png

This is what happens when Platoons/Sections/Individual Vehicles (depending on the echelon that you have them group as) spot the enemy. If you are talking about WITHIN your Platoon then just execute a battle drill, or split them up to sections or individual units if you want more fidelity. 

Getting hit gives some pretty good feedback, in my opinion. It is a very distinctive sound, and you can tell. Same with near misses by large rounds. If the stock sounds aren't giving you the feedback that you want, try some others (like the super-annoying one that @Gibsonm posted.) I don't see the purpose of changing how everyone plays Steel Beasts in regard to realizing that you are getting hit. 

I personally dislike when games try to "simulate" elements of real life by putting in arbitrary limitations in game. "Got hit by a tank round? Look at the floor of your turret for 3-5 seconds. Didn't put your ear-pro in before firing your weapon? Permanent hearing loss reflected by reduced audio for the rest of the scenario. Maintenance faults happen in real life, so we'll just add in a random chance that your engine block cracks." 

Deep rework of the controls (+panel).
Lots of functionalities are hard coded (tested in control handle mod, did not bother in joystick mod).
Combox with vehicle type is unhelpful; it only displays vehicle specific fonctionalities (no proper indication of the crisscross mumbo jumbo interfunctionalities used on a specific AFV).
A comprehensible list of all functionalities used by the vehicle would be appreciated (coloring lines that are multi-veh functions would be userfriendly and help troubleshooting).

The T-15 Barbaris is the platform i am interested in.

With a high level of protection and a 57mm cannon with a modern fire control

System capable of accurately engaging target at 2000m plus will it out gun its western counterparts.

SB may be a simulation, and its models amour based on estimates but it does.

IMO, give a fairly accurate representation of modern armored warfare.

Just now, Marko said:

The T-15 Barbaris is the platform i am interested in.

With a high level of protection and a 57mm cannon with a modern fire control

System capable of accurately engaging target at 2000m plus will it out gun its western counterparts.

SB may be a simulation, and its models amour based on estimates but it does.

IMO, give a fairly accurate representation of modern armored warfare.

29526217187_eefc30cc2f_b.jpg

18 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

Didn't put your ear-pro in before firing your weapon? Permanent hearing loss reflected by reduced audio for the rest of the scenario...

Once, when I was 18, I decided to see how load it was in the tank when I fired the main gun of an M60A1.  It sounded like I was in a bell that had been quietly rung from the outside.  I wouldn't have done this with the coax because it was completely inside the turret and very load.  Hydraulic system wasn't to loud when the pump came on either.  The exhaust fan was the next loudest operating item, loud enough to make talking hard but not enough to hurt the ears.  Track noise was loud and the high frequency squeaks would, after a time, really give me a headache without hearing protection.