Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Just now, Gibsonm said:

4.250 - Ability to duplicate a given panel.

Request the addition of a "duplicate" choice to the  "right click" menu so that once you have selected the panel and labelled it, you can make duplicates easily.

This for everything, including vehicles infantry etc!

On 1/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, Apocalypse 31 said:

Wish

Optics Zoom OUT button for M1A2

It has one in real life on the gunners station and commanders station

It's really annoying having to zoom in 4 times to cycle the zoom one level backwards. 

This, plus mappable buttons for the different CITV modes.  I find it super annoying to have to use the mouse to switch them around.

On 1/14/2021 at 6:32 AM, Ssnake said:

...the ability of the AI to waste ammunition on the move with unstabilized heavy MGs?

I don't know that I really want the AI to be doing it unless specifically told to do it, but I do wish that when I jump into the MG mounts on certain vehicles, like the .50 caliber HMG on the Abrams and M60A3, etc, that I could tell my driver to keep on driving, and my gunner to keep on scanning and/or to continue to "Fire and Adjust".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'd need to look it up to be sure, but I think the ammo in the Centauro is not certified for older L7 105mm guns as it uses a higher chamber pressure. That, or something else, but there's definitely a reason why its ammo wasn't made available for other 105mm systems. Whenever possible, my goal is to make the widest range of options available to mission designers.

AVePS, it's a bit work in progress in the sense that we tried to fit it on as many tanks as possible in the initial implementation, within the time that was available. For the rest of the vehicle fleet, whenever a model receives a general facelift we'll also take the time to figure out where the launcher could be mounted (provided that the vehicle has the necessary passive armor to begin with; no point shooting down an RPG or missile when the residual energy will still smash you to bits). Once that it's deemed possible to put AVePS on we'll add the needed "glue point". So it'll happen at the pace of general vehicle model facelifts. We have to organize our work in an efficient manner, or else less will get done.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I'd need to look it up to be sure, but I think the ammo in the Centauro is not certified for older L7 105mm guns as it uses a higher chamber pressure. That, or something else, but there's definitely a reason why its ammo wasn't made available for other 105mm systems. Whenever possible, my goal is to make the widest range of options available to mission designers.

AVePS, it's a bit work in progress in the sense that we tried to fit it on as many tanks as possible in the initial implementation, within the time that was available. For the rest of the vehicle fleet, whenever a model receives a general facelift we'll also take the time to figure out where the launcher could be mounted (provided that the vehicle has the necessary passive armor to begin with; no point shooting down an RPG or missile when the residual energy will still smash you to bits). Once that it's deemed possible to put AVePS on we'll add the needed "glue point". So it'll happen at the pace of general vehicle model facelifts. We have to organize our work in an efficient manner, or else less will get done.

Thank you.

Edited by stormrider_sp

• Members

Yeah, well, there was Beehive, but the most effective gunnery technique on hard ground was to fire short, and the ricocheting round then going off in the air, and that's something that we currently can't simulate. Plus, mechanically set timers. And then you want AI to be competent with it.

I'm trying to do away with the code hacks, and have things well designed from ground up. That takes time. We're truly living in the age of patience. :o

On 3/31/2021 at 5:21 PM, Grenny said:

Flechett or other close defence rounds for all the 105er guns (M60/Centurion/Leo1/centauro....)

Pretty sure we have 105 Canister.

What I'd like is the APERS round with the range fuze. Detonates at a specified range and delivers the canister like effect "out there" as opposed to Canister's muzzle action / shotgun effect.

28 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Pretty sure we have 105 Canister.

What I'd like is the APERS round with the range fuze. Detonates at a specified range and delivers the canister like effect "out there" as opposed to Canister's muzzle action / shotgun effect.

Isn't that what they call beehive?.

7 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Isn't that what they call beehive?.

Americans call it that.

"We" UK, Aust, Canada, call it Canister.

To me a "beehive" is an Engineer demolition store (a cratering charge):

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=beehive+cratering+charge&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiluY_25N7vAhX_zjgGHaGpCCMQjJkEegQIHxAB&biw=1854&bih=1064

12 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Americans call it that.

"We" UK, Aust, Canada, call it Canister.

To me a "beehive" is an Engineer demolition store (a cratering charge):

https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=beehive+cratering+charge&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiluY_25N7vAhX_zjgGHaGpCCMQjJkEegQIHxAB&biw=1854&bih=1064

I thought there was a difference between canister and Beehive. Beehive explodes at a set distance.

1 minute ago, DarkAngel said:

I thought there was a difference between canister and Beehive. Beehive explodes at a set distance.

Yes That's what I was getting at but I can see where the two conversations overlap.

For "us" not US:

Canister = muzzle action / 120mm shotgun.

APERS = Cansiter type effect but with a fuze for range and flechettes.

US call it Beehive.