Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

On 6/15/2021 at 5:23 PM, Ssnake said:

That the loader's MG mount is compatible with the TC's hatch ring is undisputed. But moving it to the TC's hatch makes it then the TC's MG. As long as it is the loader's MG the TC can't operate it.

Not sure how widespread the practice to put the MG on the Leopard commander's hatch was, outside of Greece. For Germany at least it runs completely against the doctrine of relieving the commander from all weapons handling so he can concentrate on the task of supreme importance, commandeering.

I admit that most of the time, on vehicles with a TC MG, I usually treat it as a weapon of suppression or desperation rather than my primary job.  I would like to have the option for the Leopards, as when I play with a human gunner who can be told to "fire and adjust" I like to take the opportunity to put some hot lead down range now and then.

I'd also like to be able to tell the AI gunner to "fire and adjust" while firing the TC's MG on the vehicles we have.

Requests for a few more keys/options we can program in the sim:

1. A key to allow me to move into the gunner seat and tell the AI TC to shut up forever and let me shoot.  For those days when the AI gunner is having troubles...

2. An option within multiplayer games to allow the huaman gunner to take control over the AI driver.  Useful for when the human TC has a leadership role and wants to get into the map and allow the human gunner to take over.  I rarely play multiplayer but this would be very useful to me.  Should be set my the human TC from the drop down menu.

3. An option to allow human TCs to issue a "Fire and adjust" order, or a "fire" order, from the map screen.  Same reason as above.

6 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Wish:

1. A small map preview is displayed when selecting a new map in the Mission editor. 

2. A small preview is displayed when opening a scenario in the Mission editor. 

mappreview.png

missionpreview.png

+1; that is awesome idea

Edited by BlackDeath

24 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Wish:

1. A small map preview is displayed when selecting a new map in the Mission editor. 

2. A small preview is displayed when opening a scenario in the Mission editor. 

mappreview.png

missionpreview.png

That would indeed be very helpful und userfriendly..... I don't like it    ( 😉 )

25 minutes ago, Grenny said:

That would indeed be very helpful und userfriendly..... I don't like it    ( 😉 )

LoL

As we used to say when i was a local government employee.

If a system works, change it.😁

On 6/22/2021 at 11:23 AM, Rad said:

Playable Hind, Apach, Tiger!

The inclusion of playable Helicopter gunships would indeed be great 

But not until a whole lot of other stuff like radar tribble A Sams etc.

are also included

Us poor tankers would be cannon fodder for the Gunships

A, Apache can carry in theory 16 fire And forget hellfire missile, and has the ability to ripple fire them. 

That's 16 dead armored vehicles and you probably would not even have seen where they Came from if the pilot was masking.

I do hope in the next incarnation of SB with the new engine that.

More Air power and killer drones will be a consideration and expanded on but only if We Tankers can defend are self's against them

I will +1 the mini-map thing, the M163 VADS, and the playable helicopters EVEN IF they are "playable" only in a simplified sense.  Perhaps it would be best to simulate the gunner's seat/sight/optics and allow control over flight in the same way it currently is through the external view.

After all, I think the main think we are interested in is the interaction between the tanks and the choppers, not having a chopper sim inside of ProPE.

Lemme add something to the list:

The current implementation of the AVEPS vehicle protection system is freaking outstanding.  But let me ask, can we get some more variants of this implemented based on simply modifying what conditions will trigger the current AVEPS system we already have?

For example:
AVEPS No KE: Not providing protection against any kind of APFSDS rounds.
AVEPS Low V: Only providing protection against slower moving objects like missiles and RPGs.

AVEPS 60 LV: Only providing protection against missiles over the frontal 60 degree arc of the turret.

AVEPS 60 LV slapped on something like a T-55 or T-62 could easily be used as a substitute for tanks fited with the old Soviet "Drozd" APS system.

AVEPS No KE could be used for simulating light ERA on tanks that don't currently have ERA.  Slap that thing on an M60A3 TTS, disable the thermal sights, and call it an M60A3 RISE Passive.  It could also be used for simulating APS systems that don't handle KE rounds, Trophy for example.

• Members
3 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

The current implementation of the AVEPS vehicle protection system is freaking outstanding.  But let me ask, can we get some more variants of this implemented based on simply modifying what conditions will trigger the current AVEPS system we already have?

It's our prototype for other launcher based active protection systems which, once implemented, will receive different characteristics.

Reading 

I realized and remembered that one major thing that has been holding me back about finding missions to play is that once I find good looking scenario, to my liking... I have no idea of what was scenarios name.

I just checked and indeed... if scenario name isn't written to briefing there is no way telling what was scenarios name but by playing it and looking from report / AAR.   

It would be wonderful if more of our community would take step to put name of the scenario to more places.  To Briefing and perhaps even map?  I think there are some rare who have done it in the past, but it is such rare thing to see.

Yet it would be extremely helpful for those like me who casually browse missions one after another many at a time...   So I could write name up somewhere.  

-

From Esim, I supppose I wish that there would be way to see Mission name same way as there is to see navmesh info..    heck often enough I would love to see even map info.   

Also it would be awesome if we could favorite, tag or rank missions privately after opening those and seeing what mission is about.  

It is really hard sometimes to find good missions based on text gues..  polarity in our community is rather wast.  To one... single player may mean nearly battalion. To me how I define single player is platoon or less. Also difficulty level is another thing..  What I find easy (because I made it)  others find fustrating difficult.  

But could I take look at the scenario...   and decide that I like it..   somehow favorite it.   And perhaps after playing it.. or participating on it could give it hmm...  stars?   (would be my opinion)   but perhaps...  hmm...   it could remind me to give same rating later on these forums.  heck.. even better though far more ambitious..  would be to be able to write a review and press send button right after finishing mission.   And either... having a folder on my documents for ratings where it could be copy pasted...  or even better.. to be able to just press send button and  that feedback would be send to corresponding download location xD     anyways...

Future Mission makers.  Please write mission  (even map name)  to start of briefing please.  ❤️   

On 7/4/2021 at 7:58 AM, Lumituisku said:

I wish we would get usable commander periscope to scimitar.  It would be lovely for multicrew purposes.  Even if just one like on warrior. It seems to be modeled already but for some reason not active?  

You'd have to ask @DarkAngel
 he made the model.

On 6/23/2021 at 8:17 PM, Iarmor said:

The Hind needs a tracked opponent

tank-picture-id635939893

that might be found useful also in urban warfare

israeli-troops-occupy-west-beirut-after-

The Russian army used ZSU-23/24 to good effect in the battle for Grozny

They were able to engage snipers and ATGM teams at very high elevations

I wish for following.

Tag function improvements image.png.4b5b6a9411dde5975ac3f0b886d46143.png (shift)

levels of identification.

1 - Location of presumed obstacles bunkers, emplacements, containers and visible type.   Aka...  minefield    abatis or so..   but it wouldn't tell lets say orientation or quality.  (real or fake)  

2- Actual identification would happen as it happens now.. by near touch    but would include abatis and other types such as emplacements, bunkers and tank ditches  etc..

3-  Tagging enemy succesfully... would reveal its location to your gunner as well, effectively telling him. "Target 2 o clock low grounds next to forest"    

4- Tagging would also reveal mobile bridges  

"Move to"  image.png.fb4c84f4e9f46697826d92303494128e.png 

To be able to use this function from other positions as well  such as periscope, vision blocks, even main gun sight.