Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• Members
53 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

3-  Tagging enemy succesfully... would reveal its location to your gunner as well, effectively telling him. "Target 2 o clock low grounds next to forest" 

That it does already. He may at time still not be able to engage, but he and your wingmen would be made aware of it.

• Members
55 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

"Move to"  image.png.fb4c84f4e9f46697826d92303494128e.png 

To be able to use this function from other positions as well  such as periscope, vision blocks, even main gun sight.

I don't think that this is a good idea for magnified sights. In reality your field of view is so restricted that giving instructions to the driver are unlikely to result in anything but confusion.

For vision blocks, we tried it but it was difficult to get the mouse control right, so we decided to skip it. But we might resume the effort, once that we have the new user interface groundworks in place.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

I don't think that this is a good idea for magnified sights. In reality your field of view is so restricted that giving instructions to the driver are unlikely to result in anything but confusion.

For vision blocks, we tried it but it was difficult to get the mouse control right, so we decided to skip it. But we might resume the effort, once that we have the new user interface groundworks in place.

Could we have this atleast on leopard commander periscopes. On 2A4 something like this feature exist and i often use it. It works nicely on Low magnification sights. And i think it as function for commander anyways. 

it is possible to right click unit icon and to designate point on terrain   It would be nice to be able to do same with key.

Id also love to be able to plan routes on periscope and out of hatch like is possible on double F8 view.  So that i wouldn't need to go to map. This would be especially useful if I wouldn't know my location and would quickly need to be able to designate battle positions for tanks on my platoon. 

Edited by Lumituisku

16 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Wish

Mission Editor. The ability to set units to be invincible / resistant to damage.

Context: I'm working on some small scenarios and the players adjacent AI units keep getting annihilated.

Instead you might make (some of) their opponents fire blanks ?

IIRC this can be done

Or review the scenario ?

Edited by Koen

2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Wish

Mission Editor. The ability to set units to be invincible / resistant to damage.

Context: I'm working on some small scenarios and the players adjacent AI units keep getting annihilated.

You could put repair & revive conditions on the units

Edited by Bond_Villian

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

Wish: a time condition associated with the UNDER DIRECT / INDIRECT FIRE / etc

image.png.0d0ae425eb2037b83fc9b7d1b3013346.png

Looking for a more effective way to model surrender IF, and would like to model infantry surrendering when they've been under fire for a certain amount of time. 

@ben

Agreed this would be very usefull.

We curently have UNIT X CAN/CANNOT SEE AT LEAST X ENEMY XXXX ANYWHERE/IN REGION X

I would love to have added to this logic a distance from this unit e.g.

"UNIT THIS CAN SEE AT LEAST 3 ENEMY TANKS WITHIN 1000 Meters"   (or BEYOND 1000 Meters)

Edited by ben

• 2 weeks later...

Probably already been said---but I wanna +1 the idea:

Company formations. Assign platoons within a company and have them move in Company formations. Cpny CO can then order platoons to break off/divide to hit a flank, etc.

I have read of company level movements where platoon leaders list of duties includes staying in the Company formation. Would make it easier when I'm working a Cavalry Troop, or just a big assault on a town or objective of some kind.

Company formations. There. I said it.

5 hours ago, iamfritz said:

...and when I'm pressing "Q" as the TC I want the Vision Blocks to be one of the levels I stop and can look around.

That does sound like good idea, thought, Perhaps.. it would only happen if hatch is closed?  Because we'll... Vision blocks don't beat out of hatch view.

The Bandkanon 1, abbreviation bkan 1 (meaning "tracked cannon 1"):

It had a 155 mm autocannon with an exceptionally high rate of fire, being able to fire 14 shells in less than 45 seconds. With one round already loaded in the gun beside the two seven-round clips in the magazine, the rate of fire rose to an official world record of 15 rounds in 45 seconds. The magazine could then be reloaded with a built-in hoist in about 2 minutes.

Edited by Rad

in multiplayer
when saving an unfinished mission it would be nice to have the option to have the other side not be accessible to view until the mission is taken up and completed.
In aar map view , remove the show all enemy units in saved games until mission is completed.... (repeating first line )

13 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Just press F4. It does exactly that. 

then you would have all the players to do the same thing 
Was thinking more of something in parallel to a password protection. so no one in their aar cannot  see more than their side.