Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Binocular view available from commander position of MB 240 truck.

Currently the user has only Observer view and Commanders/Drivers Eye view, which isnt great as a recon vehicle.

Good idea, actually all trucks should have binocular view for commanders position.  It’s not consistent right now.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:48 AM, Ssnake said:

This is now bug #9987.

On 8/29/2021 at 4:07 AM, ben said:

Good idea, actually all trucks should have binocular view for commanders position.  It’s not consistent right now.

The Icing on the cake would be the VC's GPMG mounted and usable

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Stormin Norman said:

... it would be interesting to have squads build them real time, also.

I know its a wish list, but you may find some "player backlash" if they need to wait X days to get a developed position. 😉

You can't really get beyond shell scrapes / Stage 1 in 90 mins (I'm guessing 90mins would be the average scenario playing time), unless you have engineer support.

Improved bunkers, foxholes, trenches, etc. available in the Mission Editor though would be great.

Edited by Gibsonm
typo

• Members

Well, we have "superfast" and "ridiculously superfast" options as scenario settings for building vehicle emplacements. If we keep that logic, it might make certain trench building efforts viable even in a 90 min scenario (acknowledging that it would be unrealistic).

Sometimes, higher degrees of realism are detrimental to having fun, or to teaching a principle. And sometimes you need the full pain in order to teach other aspects. ;)

I see your point about digging fox holes. It would be unfeasible in a 90 minute scenario. To keep things realistic, I was proposing infantry digging hasty fighting positions. If you’re not shooting you should be digging and preparing a defensible position, I would presume. That level of detail is probably not worth it though, in retrospect.

Or, just having simpler fortifications besides a bunker would make scenarios more interesting in my opinion. 5 levels would be good. Hasty defense position, Fox Hole, 2 man fighting position, slit trench, bunker.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Improved threat level would be interesting, also. For instance, have the option to not have a TC spend limited HEAT rounds on infantry in bunkers. Tanks Option Main Rounds: only engage hard targets.

Edited by Stormin Norman

I would really like for it to be able to dismount any crew from a Tank or vehicle , so they could do recon on foot and so that i could switch people around, i have never been in a unit where we diddent switch people around as needed and we could almost always find people that where cross trained or where plain extras or as happens a lot you lose a driver in 1 vehicle and loader in another fx and you are more or less down 2 vehicles whereas if you could switch people around you would only be down 1 .

Also be able to redistribute ammo from vehicles to vehicles so instead of having fx 1 with no rounds and another full i could have 2 with ½ ammo each.

I know its prolly not the first time but since its a Wishlist i still wish it 😉

MD

Edited by Major duck

On 9/20/2021 at 12:42 AM, Ssnake said:

Well, we have "superfast" and "ridiculously superfast" options as scenario settings for building vehicle emplacements. If we keep that logic, it might make certain trench building efforts viable even in a 90 min scenario (acknowledging that it would be unrealistic).

Sometimes, higher degrees of realism are detrimental to having fun, or to teaching a principle. And sometimes you need the full pain in order to teach other aspects. ;)

An alternative solution maybe : be able to place vehicle emplacements and obstacles in the planning phase, maybe limited by a deployment area and number/type of obstacles the scenario designer decided

Coming over from flight simming where Hardware inputs or virtual pits on touch screens are a usual thing a basic SB API ie. Shared memory page that exposes basic Data structure such as current manned vehicle, selected view, button states would be a great feature to allow to hook to with 3rd party tools such as Helios which would allow to build interactive touch profiles as replacement of keyboard inputs.

I would like more Bradley TC hatch options, like the Abrams does. I was perusing one of my M-2/-3 Bradley books and noted the TC hatch has as many open options (including open protective) as the M-1 Abrams does. I hate that I can't see behind me when I'm offloading infantry while fighting in an urban environment .