Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

i like that we get the ability to lock the turret traverse from every position in the tank and external view ,that be a nice feature if you use steering a lot to keep front  armor pointed at enemy and avoid having the gun pointing in another direction   . 

• Members

It also confines the turret motion to a small arc.

If that's too much, hop into the CDRs place, order the gun forward, then shift the fire control mode from stabilized to powered traverse or less. But then you have to stay inside the vehicle to prevent the AI from taking over.

• 3 weeks later...

As someone who plays almost exclusively maps set in 80s Germany, I'd quite like to see features that would help reproduce the atmosphere and scale of conflict of such a period. Such as effects like large fire & smoke clouds being a placeable object, and clutter such as West german bus stops, shops, signs ect.. 

Obviously this very niche, and would totally distract from more pressing content, but its always been a hope of mine. 

Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

We'll concentrate on developing the new engine and converting existing artwork first.  That's the big one. Once that that is out of the way, I expect to shift our attention towards more atmospheric/environmental elements.

I hope that improving and expanding the functionality of infantry and their weapons (crew served and small arms) is somewhere on the agenda. In my view this is probably the most lacking aspect of what this game has to offer at the moment.

13 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

I hope that improving and expanding the functionality of infantry and their weapons (crew served and small arms) is somewhere on the agenda. In my view this is probably the most lacking aspect of what this game has to offer at the moment.

Heck yeah. 

Some helicopter functionality, like the PRO version, would be nice too

I'm just gonna chime in for emphasis that my two biggest wishes for the sim are:

1) Platoons that follow Company formations and/or infantry that you can order in platoons or companies instead of clicking every team

2) AI driving fixed. Urban corner and tight spot avoidance, tree avoidance, and not freaking out when it reaches the end of an Assault waypoint, or is ordered past it

11 minutes ago, iamfritz said:

I'm just gonna chime in for emphasis that my two biggest wishes for the sim are:

1) Platoons that follow Company formations and/or infantry that you can order in platoons or companies instead of clicking every team

2) AI driving fixed. Urban corner and tight spot avoidance, tree avoidance, and not freaking out when it reaches the end of an Assault waypoint, or is ordered past it

Regarding 1) You have formation paths, which already give you the option to give higher formations paralell movement direction.

And: do you know ANY game(that has complex 3D terrain) that is able to do higher echelon movement/tactics?

Regarding 2) " and not freaking out "

What do you mean by that?

Edited by Grenny

• Members
56 minutes ago, Grenny said:

You have formation paths, which already give you the option to give higher formations paralell movement direction.

With Ctrl+Click you can also make a formation converge on a convoy starting point, create the conboy route, and restore the original formation once reaching the convoy designation waypoint.

• Members

We shall eventually make a YouTube tutorial on this. But try it out for yourself, it should be pretty self-explanatory once that you actually do it. 

After creating/selecting a taskforce, plot a "group route" where you hold Ctrl when making the first click. Then Shift+Click another route leg for road travel, and right click to end the route plotting.

The resulting group route should look like a funnel where all initial routes converge on a single waypoint, then follow the road. At the end the units will drive away from the last waypoint to restore the original formation.

2 hours ago, TSe419E said:

When I make a route from any of those waypoints the platoons not routed to them do not follow the the march route that follows.

after a lot of wild clicking I managed to get this.
so
1. group units to a taskfore
2. Select  new group route
3. CTRL + Click on the first route point 
4. Shift + Click Additional route 
5. CTRL+ Click for last route point 
6. Right click to finish (while still pressing CTRL)
image.png.a6b7353cc8b2096eecd59a03dbbc7d40.png

Edited by oakdesign

I and my friend Harry, wish for a tool similar to LOS tool but different in a way that it would shade or color terrain between contourlines  higher darker / lower ever lighter the more low ground gets.  

Depending of what height you/ buble is placed. Or alternatively.. just option to have coloring like that as layer that could be toggled on or off during planning... Perhaps even in game to give that little extra time saving and ease for planning. 

It would greatly help to make sense of map elevations and depressions. It can be really hard to make sense of those on scenario's. And it would greatly help making better use of terrain to find hull down positions.  And afterwards.. LOS would be used to determine value of those areas of interest. 

Currently in order to update a scenario so the ambulance comes with medic dismounts you need to remove the current unit and replace it with a "new" one, then redo the first part of any routing it may have.

If we had a Medic team you could simply create one and attach it to the pre-existing ambulance unit.

Can we add "Medic team" under these Infantry options:

Medic.png.2d7fa4d170ae0ed02dae29dffa9c39e5.png

Edited by Gibsonm

1, Please extend range of Spike SR to 2000 metres for latest version. 

2. The latest lightweight Javelin CLU (which has a variety of features including target location, higher fidelity sensor, constant loom and "fast lock")plus range of 4.500 metres for missiles launched from it. It has also been tested with the FIM-92J proximity fuzed Stinger SAM.

3. Aerovironment Switchblade 300 and 600.

Thank you!