Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I want the option to quickly stop a unit and give it "Stay" tactics. (Without switching to map)

I suggest this could be set to a long press of the "Battle Position, Engage" button,  "E" by default.

Make it happen guys!

18 hours ago, ben said:

I want the option to quickly stop a unit and give it "Stay" tactics. (Without switching to map)

I suggest this could be set to a long press of the "Battle Position, Engage" button,  "E" by default.

Make it happen guys!

You can put them on Stay tactic with the engage here order, from the unit menu. Is pretty fast, and you dont need to switch to map

Could we have the function of downloading the map when we connect to the server back as there still aint any "Big laser maps" available as a possibility you can check off in the scen editor, at least while we are waiting for the "Big" maps that have never materialized 2-3 years later please. 

That would make life for those of us that organise the online games so much easier it would also help the new guys, as you are still putting the Map packages in a hidden folder (Which only makes sense if you are a windows certification nerd that would rather have the certification then have user ease of use and i was a Microsoft  employee and did those certifications sometimes but allowed exceptions and this one certainly qualifies as one) and still haven't provided a link or button to it from the start menu though we have pointed this out several times already, we have a link in the start menu to the old maps but not the new.

This would save a us losing a lot of new players as they think that they can come in 15 mins before start time and just participate when most need at least a 1-2 hour session before they are up and running and we don't sit with 20+ people and wait for that and a lot of those gets disappointed off course and angry and never comes back and we aint that many people in the first place so we try to avoid loosing those that come in but we haven't been able to avoid it because people just don't understand the reasons for it.

So could you please help us to help you ?

Thanks for the best SIM/Game but lets make it better please

MD

• Members

Major duck, can you please clarify the specifics of your issue?

I mean, in principle Steel Beasts asks (if the player doesn't have a map) if the player wants to download a missing map right now, and all they need to do is click "Yes". But of course the success of the download hinges on the availability of the map on the map server, then on the quality of the internet connection etc.

Is it that the maps aren't there, or that the download immediately at the begiunning of a scheduled game session takes too long?

If there's multiple issues, maybe it's best to continue by email so we can then think of the best way how we can at least better explain the procedure in a tutorial video that you could reference in every announcement of a game session.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:51 AM, ben said:

Make it happen guys!

Omg please. When fighting with pretty close sightlines and or certain terrain stay is essential lest your ifv  or recon vehicle decides to advance to its focus point or get aggressive and drive rignt up to some hiding infantry. I will try the engage here option from the unit box.

Also a playable wiesel with the 20mm and tow would be amazing. I could have a lot of fun in something that tiny if how fun the scimitar can be is any indication.

Was watching a video of some T-90's trying to negotiate some muddy terrain and 1 getting stuck.

I know you are working on new terrain features and I don't expect this level of realism, but man it would be fun to try to negotiate mud holes. I'm not so sure it would even be practical from a game standpoint, but it sure was fun to watch.

Made me want to get down in the Mud Lol !

Been stuck many times in my various 4x4's , was  fun to look back on .... once you get out :)

3 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

Was watching a video of some T-90's trying to negotiate some muddy terrain and 1 getting stuck.

I know you are working on new terrain features and I don't expect this level of realism, but man it would be fun to try to negotiate mud holes. I'm not so sure it would even be practical from a game standpoint, but it sure was fun to watch.

Made me want to get down in the Mud Lol !

Been stuck many times in my various 4x4's , was  fun to look back on .... once you get out :)

Getting stuck is already modelled. So what are you missing?

2 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

Trust me, it’s not fun at all.

No. I remember getting a van stuck so bad mud was coming in the side door. We had to jack up each tire and throw rocks under them and lay logs to get out, way back in the woods. Took hours. I remember it fondly now, not so much when it was happening Lol !

1 minute ago, Parachuteprone said:

No. I remember getting a van stuck so bad mud was coming in the side door. We had to jack up each tire and throw rocks under them and lay logs to get out, way back in the woods. Took hours. I remember it fondly now, not so much when it was happening Lol !

...besides, in a sim, this has no training value at all...

14 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

I’ve been in, and help recover, tanks that have been stuck in mud.  It is never fun.

For us SP who play larger sce or anyone who plays large sce.How about everytime arty is called a arty ref pt marker is left where its fired with the info in the text box...ex ABOO9,ICM,6 TUB,200x400.Helps with remembering things in the heat of battle and not hving to hit pause to place a ref pt on the map.