Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1 hour ago, Parachuteprone said:

I am way out :)

I looked at that one, but it doesn't have tanks.

If mudrunner is anything like spintires which i played a few years ago it has a big mod community with addon vehicles.

Im not sure if tracks are modelled but im sure if not someone has made some wheeled AFVs to mess around in.

1 hour ago, TSe419E said:

I’ve been in, and help recover, tanks that have been stuck in mud.  It is never fun.

We did a Battalion attack across 3 rivers with 3 coys in Kanium once where about a coys worth of tanks got stuck and believe me its not even fun in the sim where your not getting wet or muddy just very frustrating.

3 hours ago, mpow66m said:

For us SP who play larger sce or anyone who plays large sce.How about everytime arty is called a arty ref pt marker is left where its fired with the info in the text box...ex ABOO9,ICM,6 TUB,200x400.Helps with remembering things in the heat of battle and not hving to hit pause to place a ref pt on the map.

That's already there.

From memory its if you choose a lower level of Difficulty or Realism (I forget which).

I think maybe what the poster wanted wasnt so much incredibly detailed stuck vehicle simulatiom but to have vehicle tracks tearing up terrain and digging themselves in on wet terrain but I imagine to calculate that in a way that it wouldnt look awful in a sim that has tons of ballistic calculations going in would be challenging.  Games like spintires and mudrunner are only processing driving leaving a lot of power for detailed ground physics.

But even just having vehicles leaving little tracks would be very cool and it could actually serve a tactical use where you could potentially see where that wheeled pc just tore through that soft ground to get to cover.

23 minutes ago, Poofydoodle said:

I think maybe what the poster wanted wasnt so much incredibly detailed stuck vehicle simulatiom but to have vehicle tracks tearing up terrain and digging themselves in on wet terrain but I imagine to calculate that in a way that it wouldnt look awful in a sim that has tons of ballistic calculations going in would be challenging.  Games like spintires and mudrunner are only processing driving leaving a lot of power for detailed ground physics.

But even just having vehicles leaving little tracks would be very cool and it could actually serve a tactical use where you could potentially see where that wheeled pc just tore through that soft ground to get to cover.

I have no idea what your talking about.

Edited by mpow66m

33 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

what im saying is in real life when arty is called does the OIC or whoever mark it on the map?im not arty savy,but if this was done automatically that would be nice.

No the FO / (Arty / Fires person) does.

That whole process goes on in parallel to the manoeuvre commander.

If you want to be burdened with developing the fire plan ,registering targets, air space management, deconflicting fires, ensuring the guns have sufficient ammunition, etc. then you will have very little time left to actually "fight your fight".

In multi player you can do this as you tend to often have a dedicated fires person (Arty, MOR, CAS, etc.) who does what the Commander wants.

In single player the process is abstracted to avoid complaints like "my tank died while I was plotting a fire mission".

The areas are plotted automatically, they are only displayed you adjust the settings.

As a work around use Ref points (plot the point and then call in the fire using that). This wont show you the dimensions but at least you know that in the past you fired at target X.

Edited by Gibsonm

34 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

how much would this affect the avg computer?

Not much, what you'll see will be artwork, which can be kept on the client (your) computer,

It'll be more how to minimise the amount of network traffic that each moving vehicle will produce.

Extreme case:

Updating 100 client machines as to where 100 vehicles are moving to and from and where they have been, all while calculating what else is going on in a scenario.

6 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

n single player the process is abstracted to avoid complaints like "my tank died while I was plotting a fire mission".

thats what i mean,it should be done automatically.just a ref. mark in the map done by the AI FO. so to speak.

Have you tried "Allow AI to call for Fire"? (mission editor > Options > Support)

28 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

n single player the process is abstracted to avoid complaints like "my tank died while I was plotting a fire mission".

thats what i mean,it should be done automatically.just a ref. mark in the map done by the AI FO. so to speak.

Except for a training audience that is the wrong outcome.

You as say a junior Crew Commander don't know where the fires are landing (apart from looking out of your hatch).

In a classroom of say 40+ "players" only 2 or 3 get to see where the fires land and they need to convey the information to others.

"2 Platoon stop now" as opposed to "2 Platoon deciding off its own bat to stop"

This is why they made the decision some time ago to disable the impact areas at the higher settings.

If you are doing single player then you as the Crew Commander should have a good idea where you as the Fires person plotted the fires?

Edited by Gibsonm

9 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Except for a training audience that is the wrong outcome.

You as say a junior Crew Commander don't know where the fires are landing.

In a classroom of say 40+ "players" only 2 or 3 get to see where the fires land and they need to convey the information to others.

"2 Platoon stop now" as opposed to "2 Platoon deciding off its own bat to stop"

This is why they made the decision some time ago to disable the impact areas at the higher settings.

If you are doing single player then you as the Crew Commander should have a good idea where you as the Fires person plotted the fires?

Your missing the point,in the civvie ver this will be as if an FO was doing it.Unless the Mil and Civ ver of SB are tied at the hip so to speak.