Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

16 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I'm all about seeing improvements to infantry combat.

However, to add infantry entrenchment now, without any sort of improvement or addition of first person control for infantry would be absolutely overkill to an already challenged aspect of the game. 

Tanks fighting against dug-in infantry is a bit more fair, but there's only one way to clear trenches.....and its not with tanks. 

It's with hand grenades, bayonets, and lots of automatic weapons fire. 

image.thumb.png.2e879b7fe333e5bd52942bbc111ae64d.png

https://d34w7g4gy10iej.cloudfront.net/video/1907/DOD_107073178/DOD_107073178-1024x576-1769k.mp4

Though i agree with @Apocalypse 31 on the INF i seem to remember that Bulldozers did a splendid job clearing trenches during the first gulf war but that is also a feature we can not make happen right now

MD

I hope to get

1.a playable light tank in the form of the M41 / M41DK1 not with full interior but with gun sights and manable MGs

2. Use of multiple overlays and the ability to turn them on/off at will (MCOO, SITTEMP, OPS Graphics, etc). - Confirmed for version 5! Completely agree @Mirzayev

3. Overlays saving to .aar files for display when reviewing. Completely agree @Mirzayev

4. CH-47s (or some western equivalent) having a supply radius similar to the Mi-8 Supply. Completely agree @Mirzayev

5. Option to use mouse support for manual traverse (42 of 63 voting members favored this.) Completely agree @Mirzayev

6. "Fire AT Here" or some option similar to the "Fire HE Grenade Here" as already modeled to force an AT launch by infantry. Completely agree @Mirzayev

7. A playable Centurion Mk 5/2 DK-1 with 105mm gun, Laser range finder, TIS, (It used the same Ballistic computer, TIS, and Laser as the Leopard 1A5 as far as i know so most of what you need for it is already there)

8. A playable Leclerc tank i don't need the interior but sights would be good.

9. A playable Chieftain tank i don't need the interior but sights would be good.

10. A Military protractor for Mils and a compass that works in map (F5) and HUD from INF and TC (F7) They can be simple like you right click  on the map somewhere and chose protractor or Mils/Distance and you get a small readout somewhere on the screen. and the Compass can give you a rough estimate like 50 mils +- with randomization and yes you can use a compass from a Tank or a ship i have done both and they are full of Metal in the first one you just need to know how much you need to compensate in different directions in a ship that's done with metal and magnets and placing them around the compass so it gives the right angel.

image.png.2406b163914e32f346fa7c5c6bf20ab7.png 

11. Import function for EU Laser maps , as there still aren't any new big Maps

12. Reinstatement of the map going with the scenario if the above is still being refused as we have no reason to separate them at all as there are no big maps that require that function at all (And yes we have been over this multiple times i am not trying to be provokative here just stating facts and hoping for improvements to either get the maps needed for the split or going back to the much easier way of doing stuff for those of us that run MP games every week, and i know its planned to prolly also port other stuff as well but that hassent happened yet either to my knowledge or you guys have not been advertising it well enough)

13. We really need a more modern Opfor Tank (T-72) that's playable with sights. We have to give @Nike-Ajax and others that play Opfor some more modern equipment.

14. Give the artillery / Indirect fire a workover its needed.

15. Ability to port camo/Uniforms etc... with scenario file so everybody look at the same sight.

16. Ability to "Paint" Numbers and Unit Crests with the scenario file so everybody look at the same sight. and you can see on the outside that its the co in front of you etc...

17. More buildings with a lot more variety colors masonry etc... or the ability to import them and send them with the map to others .

I think i have done enough damage for today 

MD

Another one...

The ability to rename triggers during the planning phase. 

Acknowledging they can be used by players to trigger multiple units to do "something," it would be helpful to be able to rename them to something more descriptive, tied into the saved plan, rather than keeping it the default "trigger 1" etc. 

"trigger 1" could become, for example "B CO SPs ATK PSN Angel"

Yes, I know this can be done in the mission editor. It *should* also be able to be done player side during planning by the CO. 

Edited by Mirzayev

Unless this has been implemented whilst I was away, I would like artillery fire to leave some trace on the ground where it impacts that stays there for the rest of the game. This would better allow fire correction as well as help with immersion.

• Members

It's definitely on the list; I'm just hesitant to insist on its inclusion relatively late in this development as it has the potential to create a lot of follow-on bugs that need to be addressed in order to make it more useful than annoyance.

Switchblade 600  (Now in Ukraine armed force and action in war 2022.)

The larger Switchblade 600 loitering munition weighs 50 lb (23 kg), is man-portable and can be set up in 10 minutes. It is designed to fly out to 40 km (25 mi) in 20 minutes, then loiter for another 20 minutes (giving it an 80 km (50 mi) total range). It attacks at a 115 mph (185 km/h) dash speed, carrying a Javelin anti-armor warhead designed to neutralize armored vehicles.

A touchscreen tablet-based fire control system can manually or autonomously control the munition. It is secured through onboard encrypted data links and Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module GPS with a patented wave-off capability. An optional pocket digital data link (DDL) module allows engagements beyond 90 km (56 mi).

The Switchblade 600 was developed for the Army Single Multi-Mission Attack Missile development program. Other methods could include a six-pack vehicle-mounted version and by air-launch.

The larger Switchblade could be fitted with an anti-tank warhead while having longer range and costing less than anti-tank missiles like the Javelin.

More medic units and field hospital and real purpose for them. I'm justifying my opinion because of casualties. In long campaign soldiers could come back to game as replacements or something like that. Maybe this sounds far-fetched idea but at moment I have no idea why medic units exist. Maybe my military background as medic affects 😄

26 minutes ago, bloodycut said:

More medic units and field hospital and real purpose for them. I'm justifying my opinion because of casualties. In long campaign soldiers could come back to game as replacements or something like that. Maybe this sounds far-fetched idea but at moment I have no idea why medic units exist. Maybe my military background as medic affects 😄

Medics work in game to bring some of your infantry casualties back into fighting form. Their skill level affects how many casualties this applies to. 

They are quite useful. 

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Infantry_Units#Medic_Teams

Edited by Mirzayev

28 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Medics work in game to bring some of your infantry casualties back into fighting form. Their skill level affects how many casualties this applies to. 

They are quite useful. 

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Infantry_Units#Medic_Teams

Thanx this content which I already knew. Maybe I should take part as medic to some scenario if it's possible.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Also, they are useful in gunnery training as "military looking but still not valid targets, because noncombatants" to reinforce the lesson that you don't get to shoot every moving hot spot in your thermals just because it's war.

But, but, can the ai positive ID a hotspot at 3000 meters?

25 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What about AAA guns?

Have you played steelbeasts with any of the newer versions in the last 5 years?

If not you may have missed a lot of the stuff that has been added to the game. You should try it out...

There are for example also Mortars and Rocket artillery available  etc etc etc