Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1 hour ago, mpow66m said:

Id like to see the B3 in instant action and on the tank range.

after trying it out, the t-72b3 is the most bizarre vehicle in the stable. the automatic lead makes gunnery a lot less of a challenge- the only factor that keeps this vehicle interesting for instant action is that it is vulnerable as t-72s tend to go. otherwise i wouldn't really be so interested in such a powerful FCS for instant action, because gunnery is taken care of without you. the challenge comes by way of still being a vehicle you don't want to trade exposed shots if you can help it, since the ERA coverage on the turret is a bit haphazard. worse still for the tank range, it would appear to be 'unbalanced', you cannot really miss; since the targets aren't shooting back it's just a formality to earn a perfectt score. if the challenger 2, M1 or leopard family of vehicles had this kind of FCS, i probably would spend a lot less time with them; too 'easy,'   😁

Edited by Captain_Colossus

5 hours ago, Captain_Colossus said:

worse still for the tank range, it would appear to be 'unbalanced', you cannot really miss; since the targets aren't shooting back it's just a formality to earn a perfectt score. if the challenger 2, M1 or leopard family of vehicles had this kind of FCS, i probably would spend a lot less time with them; too 'easy,'   😁

I strongly disagree with you.

And you really are missing the point of the Tank Range.

Tank Range is a good quick fix of SB, no setting up, just hit start and blast away.

You could, in theory use degarded modes.

It's probably my most used feature of SB.

• Members

Tank range results, however, do influence the quality of own supporting AI crews. An automatic 100% rating would defeat the purpose of incentivizing the player to familiarize himself with at least one fire control system to develop competence.

Second including the T-72B3 in the tank range and instant action. I'm honestly surprised it wasn't in there upon 4.3's release. 

The idea, IMO, is to give players the ability to apply what they learned in the tutorials in a quick scenario that requires little time investment per iteration. The perceived difficulty of gunnery due to the FCS shouldn't be a factor of inclusion or non-inclusion. 

By that logic, just remove the DF30 and the Ulan. 

5 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

I strongly disagree with you.

And you really are missing the point of the Tank Range.

not at all- as ssnake said, if the point of the tank range is to achieve a perfect score in order to influence the competency of the player's forces, in a way it would a 'cheat' to use this vehicle. if practice blasting away without consequences is all you wanted, you can do that in the tutorial for the t-72b3, or set up a simple scenario to do that

4 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

The idea, IMO, is to give players the ability to apply what they learned in the tutorials in a quick scenario that requires little time investment per iteration. The perceived difficulty of gunnery due to the FCS shouldn't be a factor of inclusion or non-inclusion. 

By that logic, just remove the DF30 and the Ulan. 

i'm not saying to remove it or not include it. i am saying that i would not use it for those purposes, in particular for the tank range. i would never argue for less content, or removing player choice. what i am saying it will up to players for themselves to decide if they like it. i don't believe i would be alone in not using the t-72b3 in those kinds of setups. but do it if it pleases you

Concerning the tank range,how about  having 2 classes in the TR.Pre cold war and post cold war scoring dep on the unit you use.So if you play a pre cold war sce say with the T72 whatever and you score a 87% thats what your gunning is.Same w post war,say a 100% with the SEP thats what they gun with.I think this is more interesting than the current 1 size fits all.I can score 100% all day long w the SEP,but put me in a T55 and I use the tank as a battering ram or dont fire until im literally at point blank range.

That seems not easy (or fun) to implement. For example, is the Leopard 2A4 considered Cold War or post Cold War for the purposes of gunnery?

What about the M1IP?

How about the Leopard 1A5? Is the base model considered Cold War, and the DK version considered post Cold War? 

I'm also not a big fan of having your gunner rating being decided by each platform for the purposes of the game. I don't want to have to spend an inordinate amount of time learning how to be amazing at shooting from an Eagle IV with a Lemur .50 CAL so that the two scout vehicles I have in my Battalion Task Force that happen to be Eagle IVs with a Lemur .50 CAL can hit the broad side of a barn without me directly controlling them. 

If you aren't good at a platform that you normally use, do some self-development and hit the gunnery range hard. Don't penalize everyone cause they don't want to take the time to master shooting the Sho't Kal. 

Just a small thing. When i use the auxiliary sight on the Leopard and zero it to 2000 meters it stays on that value until I change it again. Meaning I can switch position, jump to a different vehicle etc, when I come back it's still on 2000 meters.

However, when I set up my thermal imager this doesn't happen. I set it up (contrast, brightness), swap to the TC and my entire set up has alredy been set back to standard. This is a bit frustrating. Is it possible to change that? That would very helpful.

Wish- Rework for HMG/LMG sounds to use looped sounds instead of single shots.

How Current LMG sounds currently play:

image.thumb.png.1d4e2c365cffa2df04557bd59c18316b.png

It current method sounds like the shot is calling for a single sound file to play over and over- the issue is that it sounds unnatural and almost as if the previous sound STOPS playing when the next one is played - which prevents the staccato and natural sounding reverb of an automatic weapon.

How I wish LMG sounds played:

image.png.15fb24a331614011af3f6db1c0c655d4.png

AFVs currently use looped files to play their machine guns sounds. It sounds much more natural and works on a loop rather than calling a single sound over and over.

I'd be happy to provide the sounds for the team.

I'll have the burrito, extra chicken with a large iced tea- thanks. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31