Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1 hour ago, jppsx said:

give ability to gunner in scimitar to select ammo , the way it is now it impossible to switch ammo . 

If you mean within a 3 round clip, that's not possible.

If you mean between clips , then the Commander can do it (just like other vehicles).

The Gunner does not make that decision.

Edited by Gibsonm

9 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

If you mean between clips , then the Commander can do it (just like other vehicles).

...doesn't really work well in SB...so he has a point here...

3 hours ago, Grenny said:

...doesn't really work well in SB...so he has a point here...

What is the issue with loading the 30mm, I have never had a problem, nor has it been reported as a issue, we have been using it for a time e now, seems to work like the real wpn with in Sb limitations?

"Ready magazine capacity is normally six rounds, but due to limitations within the Steel Beasts engine, this is reduced to three rounds, but with faster than usual reload times."

Not that I ever want to voluntarily use the Scimitar (see the thread below) but have these engine limitations been fixed?

11 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

if I go to commander seat and switch to he or ap  wen i go back to gunner seat he switch back to ap or he so it impossible to switch ammo type .

don't really matter that gunner don't have that option in real because in games your ai commander wont remember what ammo to reload next so for functionality purpose it need to have gunner ability to select ammo type or at least give commander memory to remember what ammo I switched to wen I was in commander seat so proper ammo get reloaded  .

6 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

"Ready magazine capacity is normally six rounds, but due to limitations within the Steel Beasts engine, this is reduced to three rounds, but with faster than usual reload times."

Not that I ever want to voluntarily use the Scimitar (see the thread below) but have these engine limitations been fixed?

Well I’ve used it and it had 3 round clips.

There may have been 2 such clips in the ready bin to give you the six round capacity …

Anyway, the guy has basically come back with a variation on “its a wish list I can wish for anything I want” so I’ll stop.

Edited by Gibsonm

7 hours ago, jppsx said:

if I go to commander seat and switch to he or ap  wen i go back to gunner seat he switch back to ap or he so it impossible to switch ammo type .

don't really matter that gunner don't have that option in real because in games your ai commander wont remember what ammo to reload next so for functionality purpose it need to have gunner ability to select ammo type or at least give commander memory to remember what ammo I switched to wen I was in commander seat so proper ammo get reloaded  .

" your ai commander wont remember what ammo to reload next "

Most likely is the AI is trying following the action of a cmdr in Real world training (being a sim), as with most actions with the Ai.

Normally the cmdr issues a fire order, that includes the ammo type, then the gnr engages, and will not change the ordered ammo type, till cmdr issues a new fire order, or, issues a new ammo type for the gnr. 

so proper ammo get reloaded 

The Ai as I understand it, the Ai will pick the proper ammo, for the range, type of target, is this broken?

Do you you think the AI should not follow proper fire commands used by certainly the UK army, and most western armies?

Your fighting a Ai that: simulation of real word systems , used to train troops in proper use of their systems, you may have misread this in the manual.

If I'm reading this statements incorrectly, my humble apologizes.  :)

• Members

There will always be cases where the AI's decision may be inadequate. It ought to be possible to order the use of a particular ammo type as a commander without it being immediately cancelled as soon as you switch to the gunner's seat.

If that's a real problem with this vehicle, it ought to be addressed.

4 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

There will always be cases where the AI's decision may be inadequate. It ought to be possible to order the use of a particular ammo type as a commander without it being immediately cancelled as soon as you switch to the gunner's seat.

If that's a real problem with this vehicle, it ought to be addressed.

yes the moment i switch to gunner seat the ammo that i selected get switched back to what ever ammo was loaded , example i select he to be loaded and wen i switch to gunner it switch back to ap to be loaded 

It's common to all Vehicles.

There are times when the AI is a fucking idiot

E.G.

There's a BMP hiding behind a house (let's say a non destructible one) AI TC will INSIST on using a HESH round.

Jump to TC position double tap Insert (for AP)

Now,

If you immediatly jump back into the Gunner's seat,

Tthe AI TC takes over and swaps the round to be loaded type back to HESH while the Loader is switching out the loaded and to be loaded types results in a HESH being loaded again.

Maybe an AI override delay on double tapping round buttons as per the "T = Identified" delay works, that would be my suggestion.

Though the AI may adopt a "No! Shan't!!" *sulks* attitude.

Which would be odd because it is cold hard logic, but stranger things...

19 hours ago, Jartsev said:

There is a TOS-1 in SB. May be you should try to play SB actually instead of trying to re-post all content from Youtube here?

There are NO such explosions in the simulator. Make such explosions, fire, smoke and destruction. Make jobs places for TOS-1, TOS-1A; TOS-2; smoke-incendiary reactive projectiles! 

Edited by Rad

• Members

Wellll... some explosions in real life are bigger. Most explosions in real life appear less spectacular than your Standard Hollywood Fireball. So, by default in SB Pro, we err on the side of "small explosion" as far as visuals are concerned. In 99% of all cases that's more realistic.

However, there's that 1% of all cases where a bigger fireball is needed. Deflagration of MRLS munitions is one such case.

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Wellll... some explosions in real life are bigger. Most explosions in real life appear less spectacular than your Standard Hollywood Fireball. So, by default in SB Pro, we err on the side of "small explosion"as far as visuals are concerned. In 99% of all cases that's more realistic.

However, there's that 1% of all cases where a bigger fireball is needed. Deflagration of MRLS munitions is one such case.

one.jpg

32 minutes ago, F.T said:

I hope to have more realistic thermal images in the future.

Can you please be less cryptic in your messages?  I have no idea what you think is wrong and how you think the devs should fix it.

Though you are at least better that Rad.  You don't just drop a pic and walk away.  But I have no idea what you're asking for.