Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

On 9/16/2022 at 12:35 AM, Grenny said:

That is already in game...

I need this DINGO 2 HD TRGS (Tactical Radar Ground Surveillance) which can monitor ground traffic within a 40 kilometre radius. 

DINGO 2 HD TRGS (Tactical Radar Ground Surveillance) which can monitor ground traffic within a 40 kilometre radius.jpg

https://www.kmweg.de/systeme-produkte/radfahrzeuge/dingo/dingo-2/dingo-2-hd-tactical-radar-ground-surveillance-trgs/

Mehr Informationen
Ausstattungsmerkmale des DINGO 2 HD TRGS
DINGO 2 mit Unimog U5000 14.5 FG
Bis zu vier Mann Besatzungsstärke
Ausfahrbares Mastsysteme für das TRGS-Radar
Verstauraum für die persönliche Ausrüstung
Waffenstation (optional)
TRGS-Radar Fähigkeiten: 
Pulse-Doppler-Radar mit Doppler-tone und AESA (Active Electronic Steered Antenna)
Automatische Aufklärung und Verfolgen von Boden-, See- oder Tiefflugzielen
Große Reichweite mit breiter Abdeckung von bis zu 40 km (im Long Range Mode bis zu 247 km)
Dual-beam-Fähigkeit (multi-beam operation)
Multimode-Fähigkeit (time multiplex and parallel operation)
Simultane Fähigkeit: Erkennung/Verfolgung und Sektor-Überwachung
Navigationssystem mit Trägheitsplattform zur exakten Ausrichtung und Positionierung des Radars nach Norden

Edited by Rad

The ability to add waypoints to an existing route in the Mission Editor.

I often use Shift click or Ctrl click to add/remove vertices but often in older scenarios where there is one long route (made in the days pre Navmesh) this now needs to be edited to modify sections for follow roads, or vehicle cross country, or perhaps none if I need the unit to push through say a hedge rather than go around it.

This often requires re-creating the original route, usually be adding waypoints along the original route, joining them with the required new pathfinding, and then deleting the underlying original route.

Adding waypoints to the original route would enable the ability to retain the overall path but tune it to take advantage of the new navmesh capabilities.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:31 AM, Rad said:

I need this DINGO 2 HD TRGS (Tactical Radar Ground Surveillance) which can monitor ground traffic within a 40 kilometre radius. 

DINGO 2 HD TRGS (Tactical Radar Ground Surveillance) which can monitor ground traffic within a 40 kilometre radius.jpg

https://www.kmweg.de/systeme-produkte/radfahrzeuge/dingo/dingo-2/dingo-2-hd-tactical-radar-ground-surveillance-trgs/

Doesnt the in hame Fennek hv this.Or is it purley optical?

19 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

The ability to add waypoints to an existing route in the Mission Editor.

I often use Shift click or Ctrl click to add/remove vertices but often in older scenarios where there is one long route (made in the days pre Navmesh) this now needs to be edited to modify sections for follow roads, or vehicle cross country, or perhaps none if I need the unit to push through say a hedge rather than go around it.

This often requires re-creating the original route, usually be adding waypoints along the original route, joining them with the required new pathfinding, and then deleting the underlying original route.

Adding waypoints to the original route would enable the ability to retain the overall path but tune it to take advantage of the new navmesh capabilities.

+1

The ability to determine the formation a unit uses when a given tactic is applied at a waypoint.

At the moment for everything other than "Stay" the formation is Line.

This can be problematic if say the unit is moving through a series of waypoints in a forest, near a river or some there terrain not ideal for "Line".

I may want a unit to retain its say "Column" formation on a road, but giving it a "Stay" order, in order to keep it in column may make its response to OFPOR fire problematic.

The other options, puts the unit in Line and if this is meant to be just a pause for an "embark if ..." or similar, then once it proceeds the unit loses time as it extracts elements from the forest and get back on the road in column (or indeed losses elements because they are hung up on a tree, bogged in a marsh, or whatever the off road terrain might be).

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Uh, you can set different formations for units on waypoints now, it's a 4.3 feature.

Not formations for the Tactics / Battle Positions though.

Page 75, 2nd last paragraph, of the manual is pretty explicit (unable to copy / paste).

Or am I missing some keyboard sequence that didn't make it into the manual?

Edited by Gibsonm

16 hours ago, Ssnake said:

The manual may be out of date. Try it out.

Tried. You do appear to be able to set the formation for a battle position (Hold/Defend/Guard) waypoint, but regardless of the formation set, a platoon fans out into a line formation upon reaching it.

They follow formation orders at a Stay waypoint, as the manual says.

The ability to easily identify which routes are impacted by an Event or Condition or Trigger.

Perhaps something like the Mission Debugger (or an additional tab to it) showing which routes are impacted by say "Trigger 1" being enabled - perhaps highlighting them on the map or similar.

That way if you need to change all routes activated by Trigger 1 to now be activated by Event 1, you can find them more easily.

I am aware what follows will probably be considered too much effort for too little to gain but here we go anyway.

I'd love to have the option to set the voices of a vehicle to the language of the country which produced/ owns the vehicle.
So if I am inside an M1 I'd get the US voice lines, inside a Challenger I'd get the UK voices lines and inside a Leopard I'd get German voice lines.

Now I am aware that for example the Leopard is used by many countries so it would be cool if the camouflage scheme would also determin the language spoken.
I understand not everyone wants that so it would probably be great to have an option to turn it off.

Edited by Higgs

1 hour ago, Higgs said:

I am aware what follows will probably be considered too much effort for too little to gain but here we go anyway.

I'd love to have the option to set the voices of a vehicle to the language of the country which produced/ owns the vehicle.
So if I am inside an M1 I'd get the US voice lines, inside a Challenger I'd get the UK voices lines and inside a Leopard I'd get German voice lines.

Now I am aware that for example the Leopard is used by many countries so it would be cool if the camouflage scheme would also determin the language spoken.
I understand not everyone wants that so it would probably be great to have an option to turn it off.

You can set the languages for a scenario so that UK vehicle crews use UK fire control orders, etc.

• Members

Before switching languages you may want to make sure that the "pstring.txt" of your preferred language is copied to all other subdirectories of the ..\loc\ folder, so that if you change the language you aren't hopelessly stuck with Steel Beasts menus that you no longer understand (I'm looking at you, Finnish language!).