Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• Members

What for?

"Receive coordinates. Stop vehicle. Enter coordinates. Push fire button, move away for reload."

I'm sure there's a wee bit more to it, like the selection of the firing location and setting the initial deflection angle of the missile to help excape counterbattery fire, but it doesn't strike me as so particularly interesting that I felt compelled to add it.

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

What for?

"Receive coordinates. Stop vehicle. Enter coordinates. Push fire button, move away for reload."

Even just that will be great for me. I'd like to see any modern self-propelled or towed artillery system in SB. There are lot of interesting things to do with that. Position preparation, receive coordinates, fire solution, fire, relocation. 

6 hours ago, Ssnake said:

What for?

I'm sure there's a wee bit more to it, like the selection of the firing location and setting the initial deflection angle of the missile to help excape counterbattery fire, but it doesn't strike me as so particularly interesting that I felt compelled to add it.

All sounds super boring and adds nothing to the game. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:40 PM, Willykurtz said:

Position preparation, receive coordinates, fire solution, fire, relocation. 

You know you can do all of this in game right now, correct?

1. Establish in a PAA.

2. Receive coordinates from the FSO via the Call For Fire interface.

3. Shoot.

4. Make corrections based on visual observation via the Call For Fire interface.

5. Move to the next PAA and reload. 

7 minutes ago, Major duck said:

What would be more needed is a way to designate arty/Mortars to specific units so fx let a Mech Coy use their Mortars only but not the 155mm arty etc....
and have the Arty FOs used the arty only

This would be amazing. That way the pesky A CO Commander isn't running B CO's mortars dry. :) 

36 minutes ago, Major duck said:

What would be more needed is a way to designate arty/Mortars to specific units so fx let a Mech Coy use their Mortars only but not the 155mm arty etc....
and have the Arty FOs used the arty only

Well can we make this optional as its not doctrine for Aust at least?

Here all indirect fires are co-ordinated by the JOST / JTAC (pick your acronym) whether they are Air (fixed or rotary wing), Mor, NGS, or any Artillery assets (BDE, DIV, CORPS, etc.) allocated.

Sure the Unit CO is most likely to get the fires from his organic Mortars but if someone else needs the fire more urgently (and its in range, etc.) then they'll get it. For example, in a BDE atk, the depth unit will likely have its Mortars supporting one of the lead units.

Edited by Gibsonm

48 minutes ago, companyteam said:

If I was going to ask for something Artillery/Mor related, I'd lean more toward the ability to predesignate linear missions against a TRP.

The only ways I know of doing this presently are:

1. In the Mission Editor, setting the Arty mission up as required - linear, etc. and then say linking it to a Trigger to get the "TRP like" effect.

2. When a mission is underway, set up a given linear mission for a given TRP and use "At my command" to control when they are fired.

Some additional options for the AAR would be nice. Something like "Show only rounds fired by unit xy" , "hide MG rounds". 

That would help a lot especially with big session. It can be very hard to keep oversight over engagement in the AAR when other platoons where fighting simultaneously somewhere across the map.

Not super necesarry but would certainly be helpful.

46 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Thinking out loud what 4 pack of tanks I would pay big money for...

Thinking rounding out the cold war slug fest with these beasts would do the trick

Challenger 1 Mk3

Chieftain Mk11 

T-80BV

T-62M

Assuming you mean "crewable / playable " (since three of these are already included - just AI controlled), the problem is SB Pro PE doesn't use the paid for DLC model.

The next opportunity to spend some money will be roughly 2 years away when the next paid upgrade appears.

New crewable / playable vehicles tend not to be released as part of the periodic, free, patches.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, Apocalypse 31 said:

PNG Importable Height Maps to build terrain.

A very indie game called Easy Red 2 (WW2 FPS, Combined Arms) allows users to import .png height maps for instant map creation. This is absolutely amazing.....

1. Find a source that will let you download height maps

2. Get PNG

3. Import in-game

4. Profit - a map that would've taken me WEEKS (years in SB! [fact]) took me 2 minutes to import. I still need to add buildings, roads, and trees, but having the height map makes it super easy. Keep in mind, the map is zoomed all the way out and not representing all of the details. Up close it looks really good. 

image.thumb.png.cb049f39caf0ed3ef4dfba7dbbfdbb01.png

Just wishing again. PNG type height map importing. 

12 hours ago, iamfritz said:

Maybe said before: infantry to dismount IFVs a little more randomly, not like a synchronized swimming group or a country line dance.

LEFT TEAM! ASSAULT THAT BUSH!

THOUGHT YOUD NEVER ASK SERGEANT!

*giggity*

Edited by Hedgehog

On 11/21/2022 at 9:59 PM, Gibsonm said:

Assuming you mean "crewable / playable " (since three of these are already included - just AI controlled), the problem is SB Pro PE doesn't use the paid for DLC model.

They are? 

I mean the Challenger 2 is, Chieftain Mk 5, and vanilla T-62....

So kinda sorta

I would be fine with the AI to start. The the Challenger 1 and Chieftain Mk11 as they use similar fire control at the level of the Challenger 2 would be fine with me also.

Squinting harder until then.