Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

What would you like to see in Steel Beasts?

Please try to keep your list short, perhaps no more than five. 

I haven't seen any kind of wish list thread, so I thought I'd post one. [i apologize if I missed it.]

For me, I'd like to see:

-- Bridges you can drive under.

-- M1A2 SEP with all the pilot-able positions. [minus loader of course.]

-- More 3D interior driver positions.

-- Company Halt command

Thank you again for all your hard work and efforts. I know I may not see the implementation of these for some time, if ever; but it's still fun to to dream.

Edited by Azure Lion

What would you like to see in Steel Beasts?

Please try to keep your list short, perhaps no more than five.

I haven't seen any kind of wish list thread, so I thought I'd post one. [i apologize if I missed it.]

For me, I'd like to see:

-- Bridges you can drive under.

-- M1A2 SEP with all the pilot-able positions. [minus loader of course.]

-- More 3D interior driver positions.

-- Company Halt command

Thank you again for all your hard work and efforts. I know I may not see the implementation of these for some time, if ever; but it's still fun to to dream.

I would like to see some AI equipment from nations we don't have now. China/Israel/NK/SK/some UK apc's etc.

Also would really like to add skins when placing units in the editor so we can have individual skins & multiple blue nationalities for both inf & vehicles.

And weather effects - eye candy I know.

Also would love some sort of Campaign or even scenario generator for quick missions for when we feel lazy.

• Members
Actaully, if done right, this is WAY more than eye candy. Weather can play a major part in tactical operations, hence if/when they are implemented, it would be great to have more than just visual effects.

...which is exactly the reason why we haven't done much in this field, yet. We definitely want it to be more than just eye candy.

My (CSS) wish-list ;)

ARV:

*Leopard 2 ARV

*Challenger ARV

*CV90 ARV

*Advanced recovering. no automatic tank turns around to face ARV. So if you try to recover a tank from its side there is a risk (depending on ground theme) of the tank flipping over. Also, if ARV approaches from behind and tow up from behind, the tank should stay in that direction so it doesn't turn around to face ARV (showing ass to enemy...)

CS:

*definable ammo and fuel loadouts on HEMT/MAN Supply trucks. (ex 100 rounds M829A1, 10 DM53. 500 25mm. 500L Petrol etc)

*Scenario creator adjustable repair times (not have to do repair zones to get that)

*Chinook's being able to drop of supply crates with (ofcourse) definable content.

*Container/Crates with definable loadout where HEMT/MAN trucks can resupply their ammo/fuel loadout.

Yeah I know, nutcase :remybussi:

I would love to see the Leopard 2A6 added, it is close to the 2A5, but with the improvements they tacked on to her it would make a fine Leopard to play around with, though after the new update I am majorly content with the 1A5 and the 2A4 but a 2A6 is one I would love to see added :biggrin:

I would love to see the Leopard 2A6 added, it is close to the 2A5, but with the improvements they tacked on to her it would make a fine Leopard to play around with, though after the new update I am majorly content with the 1A5 and the 2A4 but a 2A6 is one I would love to see added :biggrin:

The Spanish Leopardo2e is based on Leopard2A6EX.

I would have to say:

Cheiftain Mk 5 (60s to mid 80s Version)

Cheiftain Mk 11 (IFCS/TOGS Version, mid 80s Onwards)

Marder (Playable)

Jaguar (Playable) (this could be interesting)

With Cheiftains go for the later Mks, one can always "Damage" retro fitted gear.

(As its a wish list: all vehicles mentioned with a full crewable 3D interior :) but I'll settle for gunsights/peris only)

For missing "The List" you'll need to make the appropriate sacrifice.

Small rodents or first born are required. Up to you. :)

**All Hail the_List!!**

The Pious among us say this whenever the sacred article is mentioned. :biggrin:

Small Rodents are Preferred, they are easier to hide according to Ssnake. :)

My wishlist:

1- Better helicopters and their respective AI;

2- Pro PE Heightmap convertion tool;

3- IVECO 6x6 VBTP-MR VBCI (with 30mm turret) or similar vehicle equipped with a remote controlled 30mm weapon system;

4- Crewable M1A2;

5- Crewable Puma IFV / Marder IFV / Armed Boxers.

6- Weather!

We can always dream!

Edited by stormrider_sp

1 Bobing roadwheels /suspension

2 fixed wing air support in the 3-d worlkd insted of as another artillery option

3 Weather that effects mobility etc etc

4 Loaders station /abilty to man the loaders machine gun and load the main gun

5 much more visual effects such as tank leaves tracks in the ground , mud comming of the tracks when driving , visual effects for drving through water , shadows etc etc

6 3-d crew for all crewable vehicles