Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

If it's a combat report, press Shift+F11, and you will jump in the unit that made the report (need to be the last report,though)

Thanks, good to know that one.

I still would like to see more helpfull map view UI aides ala like some nifty RTS functions just to make managing forces easier. The worlds greatest tank sim also has a cool wargame going on at the same time, it definately could use some improvements to maximize the fun already being had.

• Members

As much as there are merits in all your suggestions, there's one thing that needs to be considered - that decision-making processes in SB Pro at this point already are a magnitude faster than they are in real life, and a further streamlined UI might create the idea that the OODA loop in reality is just as fast.

It is not.

To the extent that it also is a training goal to educate users about realistic delays between observation, decision, order, and execution, we'd rather have to implement more delays. That being said, there's still no reason to do this by way of a needlessly complicated user interface. ;)

As much as there are merits in all your suggestions, there's one thing that needs to be considered - that decision-making processes in SB Pro at this point already are a magnitude faster than they are in real life, and a further streamlined UI might create the idea that the OODA loop in reality is just as fast.

It is not.

To the extent that it also is a training goal to educate users about realistic delays between observation, decision, order, and execution, we'd rather have to implement more delays. That being said, there's still no reason to do this by way of a needlessly complicated user interface. ;)

Good point, but I myself am a more casual user and approach it as more of a war game than a staight up military training tool.

It would be nice to just save some clicks and time here and there for play on large battles.

Might even be implemented as a feature selectable in the options "enhanced UI features" or "origional limited UI" for use as training.

It's still fun either way, and the 2.640 update has reignited the my love for this sim. Money well spent.

And I for one am satisfied with the "Mastiv" or the Bushmaster as DINGO 2 fill ins. (how many versions of MRAP do you want?)

They do not differ much.

What would be more productive in that perspective would be a better IED model(s).

Like detectable:

-IED

-RC-IED

-VO-IED

-VB-IED

-VB-S-IED

-S-IED

-RC-DB-IED and so on

Astronomy.

Ooookay.

So, coming back to this radio message thingy, how about an option to disable them? (Should liven up the "Realistic" campaigns :sonic: )

Or is that Radio = Broken?

-VB-S-IED

-S-IED

-RC-DB-IED and so on

VB-S-IED = Vehicle-borne - *Something* - Improvised Explovise Device?

So, coming back to this radio message thingy, how about an option to disable them? (Should liven up the "Realistic" campaigns :sonic: )

Or is that Radio = Broken?

Yes.

VB-S-IED = Vehicle-borne - *Something* - Improvised Explovise Device?

Suicide (or "self harm" if you prefer).

The truck that is driven into the building and blows up as opposed to the parked car that explodes as you drive past.

wasn't the consensus that tanks and IFV will be useless in the impending zombie apocalypse. (fuel consumption and stuff...)

ouu, Funny story while I was in the desert.

We had our LA's (language assistants) convinced that zombies were real, we have the guide to zombies and all the other books in our CP, we watched all the movies with them. It was very funny to see them come in the next morn after a movie, ya just know they did not sleep, LOL

Well being the Old Guy" they finally asked me if they were real.

I told them yes, however in Canada we don't have a problem with them due to our cold environment, hehehehe.

Then. we get a shot gun to play with and shoot attacking dogs. The La comes to me on a ptl and asks what the shotgun will used for... I look at him and in a zombie voice said...you know,,,

It was fun times for a while with the zombie thing.