Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• Members
I'm serious. E-sim, your competitors are modeling the threat, while you are not. I'd like to see zombies under my (preferably bouncy) road wheels by the next upgrade.

I will gladly assume to role of the mayor dope in serious denial who is scared that the totally unfounded rumors (even in the face of evidence) might hurt the tourist season. It is my firm belief that if we cover everything up and everybody plays ball, it has never happened.

:debile2:

The only "real Tank" is

Leo.jpg

We have to post it for the next 2 Years and voila !

Wow she a beauty! But i would really love to see the canadian c2 , that is most certainly an interessting tank to fiddle around with. But on the other side we allready do still have 2 leo1 versions allready right?

Edited by oscar19681

I'd say the M1A2 SEP crewable is more attractive than that. I probaly would not play anything else once that is crewable.
More Leos ? What tha ? too many other vehicles that need some love.

"Pot this is Kettle" :)

Some might say exactly the same thing in response to your earlier request to model "yet another" M1 variant. :)

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

The Leos are a simple case of "more of the same". You change the looks, but the fire control system remains basically the same, with some minor variations. That makes it relatively easy, and with so many different Leopard user nations, it also makes it a very attractive option for those nations to have SB Pro customized to add their national variant of the Leo with minimal development risk and expense.

(Just to explain why things are the way they are. This isn't meant as a prediction of what we will do next, or an expression of team bias in favor of a certain tank.)

I haven't read all 22 pages of the wish list and never read the forums but here gos:

I need the ability to distribute tank obstacles during the planning phase instead of the enemy team knowing exactly where the tank traps (steel beams and dragon's teeth) or abatis are while planning.

Along the same line, long, temporary bridges assembled without enemy knowledge before start would be great for some surprises over the wider rivers... I love the bridge layers, but usually the water is too wide.

None of this stuff would be "on map" until discovered by opposing force.

I think permanent bridges can be destroyed now during the game, right?

Wombat

I need the ability to distribute tank obstacles during the planning phase instead of the enemy team knowing exactly where the tank traps (steel beams and dragon's teeth) or abatis are while planning.

You already have it. Place obstacle in mission. right click, select deployable and where its deployable, then select or deselect visible while planning.

Along the same line, long, temporary bridges assembled without enemy knowledge before start would be great for some surprises over the wider rivers... I love the bridge layers, but usually the water is too wide.

None of this stuff would be "on map" until discovered by opposing force.

an other wish that is already included in 2.640?

DM is right!

All Canadian Leo 1C with welded Turrets, were retrofitted with cast Turrets after 2003 and then called Leopard 1C2 or after upgrade them with MEXAS Leopard 1C2A1. As far as I remember CAN had not enough MEXAS for all Tanks, so they were only in use when in Combat Situations....

But there are enough CAN Tankers around to put a better light on this.

And yes, I´m one of the "chosen One" ride the last Leopard 1´s of the Bundeswehr in 2003!

After playing extensively I come to realize features so far that i could honestly voice in a wish list .

1) When playing scenarios that require a multitude of platoons to move to a location wither to assault or move to contact or to move in a company formation (I.e Baghdad thunder run were i would like the entire troop/company to move to a specified location, way point ect,) by being able to select the multiple units and being able to have them all move to that location. without having to click said platoon and move them differently. ( hope i made sense).

2) I know it's and armor sim, and one of the best as well as a training aide to real life. (am not going to lie when they brought back the gunners seat view i tried to do a MRS update on the M1 Series tank) but when working with dismounts a little easier way to get them to move to contact and engage other dismounts without running past them or into the kill zone. (see "are they attacking here" when your dismounts come across other dismounts and you already told them to move to contact and engage).

3) Lastly AH1's or AH-64 choppers for missions. they have the same principles as the TIGER why not? just a model and the same weapon systems as the already placed attack helo's a little eye candy dose go along way ( love the fact they added the T-55/T-62 and M-60 )

On final note, being a wish list (and being a M1A2 SEP Tanker). Including the SEP later on in life when the Sim Gods answer our prayers (already read enough why but i still have to throw that one out there :wink2: ) And Thanks again to esims for making a realistic tank sim that i can get my tanking fix in when the DA decides to throw a wrench in your sprocket of life.