Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I know that.

Big deal. It's not what I want a free cam for.

What's so wrong with a free cam like exists in games like Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Falcon, DCS-A10C etc.?

It's all about choice.

Besides it'd be a cool feature for the players who are all about eye candy. :biggrin:

Hi, Werewolf. It's been awhile, hasn't it?

One issue is that some features of SB Pro won't be released in SB Pro PE, lest military customers skip the $1,000 SP Pro product and purchase the $125 SB Pro PE product instead. IIRC, the free camera you are asking for is one of those Pro-only features.

Hi, Werewolf. It's been awhile, hasn't it?

One issue is that some features of SB Pro won't be released in SB Pro PE, lest military customers skip the $1,000 SP Pro product and purchase the $125 SB Pro PE product instead. IIRC, the free camera you are asking for is one of those Pro-only features.

Now that's an answer that makes good business sense and that I completely understand.

I see that you are still the voice of reason around here, Chaplain. Good on ya'!

I know that.

Big deal. It's not what I want a free cam for.

What's so wrong with a free cam like exists in games like Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Falcon, DCS-A10C etc.?

For me it is a plus. Easy to make videos with using a tool like FRAPS. If I want to watch a platoon of M1A1's in line blast away at a charging company of T-72's from on high where I can see the whole thing all at once then what's the big deal?

Make it an option that can be turned on and off. Don't want to use it turn it off. Don't want it used in MP then the host can turn it off.

I'm about 99% sure the capability already exists in SB PRO PE - it just hasn't been enabled. And if it isn't there adding the code from the PRO version would be an easy evolution assuming it existed as a module in the PRO vs source code (probably written in C++).

It's all about choice.

Besides it'd be a cool feature for the players who are all about eye candy. :biggrin:

Which bit of "you can use a free camera in Test mode of the mission editor" don't you understand?. It is exactly the feature you are asking for but it is only available through the mission editor not in MP or SP. You can play the scenario exactly the same as SP. You can give orders to the forces, you can load and save plans and you can watch the action with a free roam camera.

We´re talking (i´m wishing) of the real deal. Leo 1 with cast Turret is the Mother of (nearly) all modern Tanks, much more build than the welded Turret Version.

Oh, just forgot: I like round silhouettes (.)(.)

I'll join you in your quest, if we can have also the Dutch Leopard 1V.

Some cast turrets (Leo 1V) attached.

- Rump

Leo1V_turrets.jpg.3768b89d4b5a0a5f25c4ec

Leo1V_turrets.jpg.3768b89d4b5a0a5f25c4ec

Which bit of "you can use a free camera in Test mode of the mission editor" don't you understand?. It is exactly the feature you are asking for but it is only available through the mission editor not in MP or SP. You can play the scenario exactly the same as SP. You can give orders to the forces, you can load and save plans and you can watch the action with a free roam camera.

I get it. I got it.

But that solution only works for single player scenarios which I was remiss in not mentioning before. (Unless one wants to go in and build a plan for the each side in an MP scenario of course and who wants to do that?)

And even for SP it adds an additional layer to getting to where one wants to be which is just plain annoying.

That said: Chaplain's explanation as to why free cam isn't available in PE is probably reality and why we'll never see a free cam in PE anywhere but in TEST mode. :frown:

I get it. I got it.

But that solution only works for single player scenarios which I was remiss in not mentioning before. (Unless one wants to go in and build a plan for the each side in an MP scenario of course and who wants to do that?)

And even for SP it adds an additional layer to getting to where one wants to be which is just plain annoying.

That said: Chaplain's explanation as to why free cam isn't available in PE is probably reality and why we'll never see a free cam in PE anywhere but in TEST mode. :frown:

Hey, you said you only want to use it in single player.

So play single player in test mode, leave the "show real position" switched off...job jobbed=no difference to single player session.

what r u talking about.....stop posting your bullshit.

There's a great feature in the left-hand navigation of the User CP called "Edit Ignore List". Climber has the dubious honour of being the first member added to mine so I don't have to view his tedious and inane posts any more. It may be worth giving a try ;-)

Guest Killjoy

Everyone to the right of the Donkey are British SAS/SBS. Everyone to the left is Delta.

How do I know this? Look at the Weapon systems.

*takes off military anorak hat* ;)

There's a great feature in the left-hand navigation of the User CP called "Edit Ignore List". Climber has the dubious honour of being the first member added to mine so I don't have to view his tedious and inane posts any more. It may be worth giving a try ;-)

Yes he went on mine a few months ago too (sometimes I wonder what the fuss is about and am tempted to remove him so I can have a look, but then I regain my senses).

done thx,first time ever.

But where is the entertainment value in that? :twisted: