Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1) Playable Red tank, at least comparable to modern western tank. T72m1 - one of the most obsolete t-72 modification.

I think, this is the wish, that could be comparatively easy implemented:

First of all, we already have unplayable t-80 in the game. The interior of t-72 and t-80 is very similar, so it wouldn't be a big problem to modify it.

It's just a small step for eSim - add slightly changed interior of already existing tank to the already existing model, and a giant leap for the players!:)

Besides all, t-80 is the most numerous tank in the modern Russian army, comparing to early versions of t-72, which already almost out of use.

2) In tactical level I hope to see the ability to give orders to several units simultaneously. It's very strange that it is still missing.

You do know that the T-80 modelled has no night vision capability at all?

Not sure that's the best vehicle to make playable if its only good when the Sun is up or there's no smoke around.

Yes, I know that (yet it has some restricted night vision, more sophisticated than t-72, but far more worse than western tanks).

Of course, it would be better to make late version of t-90 with French night vision devices, but at the first step, IMHO, is more realistic that eSim would make t-80.

solus...

1)T-80B and especially T-80U both have totally different interiors, which can not be created by "rebuilding" 3d models for T-72(but sure you can use some parts).

2) Full solution fire control systems for T-80B, T-80U and T-90 have no similarities with TPD-K1 and its newer versions.

3) FCS for T-80B, -80U and -90 is comparable with SABCA Cobelda(used on australian Leo 1) or may be with TURMS(in some aspects)- think about consequences ;)

1) 3D models of Taliban / Insurgent dismounts

2) bigger secondaries when you hit a fuel truck!

3) pop smoke from a humvee (I assume IRL the driver / crew have smoke they could toss forward?)

4) small UAV`s deployable by ground troops.

5) ability to order crews to bail-out of tanks...I've had a couple of games where I get an engine and turret hit, and the crew just has to sit there waiting to get cooked.

Ain't going to happen, but

6) on-board mortars that you can aim and fire would be interesting...admittedly I have a thing for artillery and mortars.

Edited by F9F Panther

solus...

1)T-80B and especially T-80U both have totally different interiors, which can not be created by "rebuilding" 3d models for T-72(but sure you can use some parts).

2) Full solution fire control systems for T-80B, T-80U and T-90 have no similarities with TPD-K1 and its newer versions.

Year, already understood it myself, while reading manuals:)

3) FCS for T-80B, -80U and -90 is comparable with SABCA Cobelda(used on australian Leo 1) or may be with TURMS(in some aspects)- think about consequences ;)
Didn't get a hint. What do you mean by that?

T-72 and T-80 might look similar on the outside, but on the inside they are completely different tanks.

T-80 has a "basket" style autoloader, compared to the cassette style used on the T-72.

this means the rounds are stored vertically around the turret basket, as well as horizontally under the floor.

sighting systems are also completely different between the tanks.

T-80U has an FCS with dynamic lead, magnification(!), and improved near-IR night vision.

Main gun is new, with improved barrel life, and new breech, most of the electronics have been swapped out.

making the 3d interior would probably be 2-3 months of work.

then making it playable would be another month of work for the programmers.

I mean that russian crowd will continue complains about inability to reliably defeat Leo-2s and M1s in this great sim.
Well, I said "at least comparable", meaning that it should be at least not so obsolete as t-72.

Even the pc-controlled t-80u in the game is much better than t-72m1.

making the 3d interior would probably be 2-3 months of work.

then making it playable would be another month of work for the programmers.

You are right. But they can make payable patch, and it would cover their expenses. As I know, 2.640, featuring t-72, was sold well.

As I know, 2.640, featuring t-72, was sold well.

Yes but eSim's business model is not like that.

Every year (ish) they release a new version and you pay for that.

2.640 is an example of that (a new version/update, not a patch).

2.640 is "free standing" and does not rely on a previous copy being installed.

They also periodically issue "patches" for free. These address errors/ bug fixes. An example of that will be the "2.6something" that is due soon now.

eSim certainly currently do not (and I personally hope they never do) sell "vehicle packs" or other random groupings of vehicles.

Ok, I hope that next payable or some future free patch will include new Russian units:)

I think, nobody will argue, that, despite it will require certain work from the developers, it would add attractiveness to the game, and, as result, bring new players and money to the company and benefit the sim community.

Ok, I hope that next payable or some future free patch will include new Russian units:)

I think, nobody will argue, that, despite it will require certain work from the developers, it would add attractiveness to the game, and, as result, bring new players and money to the company and benefit the sim community.

Many of the members would agree with what you are saying.

And many have posted very similar threads.including me.

As Gibsonm has stated. Esim have a business plan in place.

Some of us mite not agree with some aspects of that plan.

But you have to respect the fact that they have developed there product

One stage at a time from very humble beginnings. So there must be some merit in their plan to have stayed viable for the last ten years. And remember there core business is selling there Sim to military users.

So realistically although most of us would like to see every version of every tank built

Its not going to happen.lets hope that more military users purchase there product.

Or they finally decide to release the retail version. I do agree with you in relation to

Vehicle packs. I to would be prepared to pay for additional content.

But realistically i don't think there are enough of us to make it pay for them.{only my opinion}

Ok... Lead on T-80B/BV, T-80U and T-90(build in 1990s) is dynamic just like on EMES15.

FCS of T-80U and T-90 is capable to make corrections not only for target angular speed/tracking rate; its also can predict speed and make corrections for incoming and outgoing targets- by double lasing.

Tracking rates are acquired from tachogenerator on turret ring(not from traverse drives or gunners control handles, like on western tanks).

So as soon as the gunner lases the system starts tracking? And you can double lase as well?

Prescribed sequence is to lase, select proper laser return(1 of 3), steadily track target for 1-2 second , pull trigger button and hold it till round is fired. If target is incoming or outgoing- lase 1st time, track target for 2-4 seconds(but no more than 5 seconds), make 2nd lase and in no more than 5 next seconds fire the gun- FCS will predict speed of the target. Also keep in mind that this is in fact upgrade of late 60s-early 70s tech.

Cool, where did you get that info?

I have 1st volume of T-90S operating manual plus some manuals and textbooks for russian equivalent of ROTC.