Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

"Test" a scenario from within the mission editor. While you do so, you have access to a free-flight camera, but only there. And you can also switch sides during the mission, while we are at it.

Wow, really? :eek2: What key I have to push?

Seriously, though...The ability to add "embark if..." conditions that refer to a single unit within a platoon and which would cause that unit to split from the platoon.

E.g. "Embark if this unit is unit 3/1/A" causes that unit to split to an alternate route while 1/1/A, 4/1/A & 2/1/A all continue on a different route as a platoon(-). And if you're feeling generous: the added feature that if it is the #4 vehicle that is referred to, then his wingman will follow him. In other words, the platoon would split into two sections.

Can't remember if this has been listed already in the 360+ posts, but ...

The ability to provide "generic" lift.

Currently a particular vehicle type (IFV< APC< Truck or Helo) is linked to a specific infantry unit. So you create a Mech Inf, Mot Inf, Lorried Inf or Helo Inf Platoon and the vehilces only provide lift to that platoon.

For example in the last Finnish campaign battle the Russians had some infantry that had trucks with them.

I brought the lorried Infantry forward and dropped them off, I then drove the trucks back to meet up with some poor sods marching the several Km in the hope that I could give that PL a lift forward.

However the empty trucks weren't interested in loading this different PL and eventually I gave up and they had to continue to walk (with the now empty and effectively useless trucks parked up and out of harms way).

The ability to provide "generic" lift.

I brought the lorried Infantry forward and dropped them off, I then drove the trucks back to meet up with some poor sods marching the several Km in the hope that I could give that PL a lift forward.

Ah yes, that would be great,

especially if also computercontrolled units would have this possibility, when scripted to do so in a scenario

• 2 months later...

Not sure if 2.6 has these yet, I'm hoping to acquire it the moment the store comes back online, but I've been mulling over a list of things we might consider:

* Desert Patrol Vehicle, the "dune buggy" used by SEALs

* Merkava Israeli MBT

* AH-1 Cobra

* UH-1 Huey

* AH-64 Apaches

* M270 MLRS (we've already got M-109 Paladins as I recall)

* AAV-7A1 Amphibious Assault Vehicles, typically employed by U.S. Marines

* Up-Armored Hum-vee (M1114)

* Grizzly MRAP and variants, the U.S. Army has been making use of these

* "Joker" mine-clearing system mounted on top of an Abrams hull

* Do we still have bridge-layers mounted on T-55, M-60, and M1 hulls?

* I'm assuming infantry can enter buildings still?

* Can light vehicles such as Hum-vees enter CH-47s like they can in reality?

* How about LCAC Hovercrafts? That could a whole new dynamic regarding "invasion" styled games. Sure, I've never heard of M1A1s offloading from an LCAC onto a hot beachhead, but who says we can't design a scenario involving that?

Good to have reinstalled everything. Hoping to get involved in the good old fight again.

Not sure if 2.6 has these yet, I'm hoping to acquire it the moment the store comes back online, but I've been mulling over a list of things we might consider:

* Desert Patrol Vehicle, the "dune buggy" used by SEALs

* Merkava Israeli MBT

* AH-1 Cobra

* UH-1 Huey

* AH-64 Apaches

* M270 MLRS (we've already got M-109 Paladins as I recall)

* AAV-7A1 Amphibious Assault Vehicles, typically employed by U.S. Marines

* Up-Armored Hum-vee (M1114)

* Grizzly MRAP and variants, the U.S. Army has been making use of these

* "Joker" mine-clearing system mounted on top of an Abrams hull

* Do we still have bridge-layers mounted on T-55, M-60, and M1 hulls?

* I'm assuming infantry can enter buildings still?

* Can light vehicles such as Hum-vees enter CH-47s like they can in reality?

* How about LCAC Hovercrafts? That could a whole new dynamic regarding "invasion" styled games. Sure, I've never heard of M1A1s offloading from an LCAC onto a hot beachhead, but who says we can't design a scenario involving that?

Good to have reinstalled everything. Hoping to get involved in the good old fight again.

In order.

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. Yes, (Canadian Griffin)

5. No

6. No

7. No

8. No

9. Yes, (Cougar I think its called)

10. No

11. Sort of, T-55 and Leo 1 only

12. Yes.

13. No.

14. No.

How about a preview thumb (maybe of the map) for each mission. I'm starting to lose track of what's what in my downloads folder.

Nice idea, what you could do for now is sort your missions in sub folders, in the scenario folder. (based on difficulty, type, style, etc)

- Rump