Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• Moderators
erhm yeah well.....should it be possible in future in one way or another, I would really like to have 2 dismounts in the Centauro.

And thanks Eisenschwein for showing that picture, that's exactly the one that I was referring to :)

Well, we actually looked over interior photos of the Centauro version in SB (because I was going to add the SPACE to pick up 2 troops) but AFAICT there is no space for them. Maybe Raino will post his reference photo. ;)

Edited by Volcano

• Members
Well, we actually looked over interior photos of the Centauro version in SB (because I was going to add the SPACE to pick up 2 troops) but AFAICT there is no space for them.

...not in the variant that I was given for the references. But like I wrote, there's another one which has less ammo, so they can fit two more seats in the rear hull.

Well, I hate throwing myself into these kind of discussions, knowing that I'm both outnumbered and under qualified, but I have read several places on the internet and even seen posts in forums by soldiers who claimed to serve as Centauro crew members, both Italian and Spanish, that the possibility to operate with dismounts in the Centauro is there and the way that I understand that this is done is simply by removing the ammunition storage in the back to allow space for them thus reducing the total ammunition carried to what is stored in the turret. Now there are probably many opinions fore and against, and I am not about to pretend that I'm an expert, as to what use this would have in real life, but for me in the Steel Beasts sim I would appreciate this possibility very much and it's even not unrealistic nor sim boundary breaking like adding a backfiring heat seeking anti everything missile or whatever would be.

Now please don't burry me in satirical and acidic remarks, it's just my humble opinion which is based on no less realistic perceptions than that of many others from time to time.

Due to the Green and Purple sides being implemented, one thing that would be nice to implement would be to allow for a trigger for "this unit is fired upon by blue/red" or "this unit was destroyed by blue/red". That way you can punish a side for being too aggressive with their firepower/support weapons.

Not sure if 2.6 has these yet, I'm hoping to acquire it the moment the store comes back online, but I've been mulling over a list of things we might consider:

* Desert Patrol Vehicle, the "dune buggy" used by SEALs

* Merkava Israeli MBT

* AH-1 Cobra

* UH-1 Huey

* AH-64 Apaches

* M270 MLRS (we've already got M-109 Paladins as I recall)

* AAV-7A1 Amphibious Assault Vehicles, typically employed by U.S. Marines

* Up-Armored Hum-vee (M1114)

* Grizzly MRAP and variants, the U.S. Army has been making use of these

* "Joker" mine-clearing system mounted on top of an Abrams hull

* Do we still have bridge-layers mounted on T-55, M-60, and M1 hulls?

* I'm assuming infantry can enter buildings still?

* Can light vehicles such as Hum-vees enter CH-47s like they can in reality?

* How about LCAC Hovercrafts? That could a whole new dynamic regarding "invasion" styled games. Sure, I've never heard of M1A1s offloading from an LCAC onto a hot beachhead, but who says we can't design a scenario involving that?

Good to have reinstalled everything. Hoping to get involved in the good old fight again.

My wish list is

BMP-3 (1700+ service in 13 countries)

T-90 (1370 in service)

AT-13 ATGM

AT-14 kornet ATGM

Update T-72 (T-72BM?)

MLRS

M1128 Mobile Gun System

Tank use he-ammo vs Infantry not only mg

Better Infantry bunker

• Moderators
Well, I hate throwing myself into these kind of discussions, knowing that I'm both outnumbered and under qualified, but I have read several places on the internet and even seen posts in forums by soldiers who claimed to serve as Centauro crew members, both Italian and Spanish, that the possibility to operate with dismounts in the Centauro is there and the way that I understand that this is done is simply by removing the ammunition storage in the back to allow space for them thus reducing the total ammunition carried to what is stored in the turret. Now there are probably many opinions fore and against, and I am not about to pretend that I'm an expert, as to what use this would have in real life, but for me in the Steel Beasts sim I would appreciate this possibility very much and it's even not unrealistic nor sim boundary breaking like adding a backfiring heat seeking anti everything missile or whatever would be.

Now please don't burry me in satirical and acidic remarks, it's just my humble opinion which is based on no less realistic perceptions than that of many others from time to time.

Ah, yes, it is not a bad request. I was trying to wrap my head around whether or not some guys could actually fit in the back with the ammo racks installed or not (and was going to allow it if so), but the answer seems to be no. But as Ssnake said, we would have to first model the racks being removed in order to add the extra troops (or space for troops) otherwise the Centauro in SB would be able to have cake and eat it too (as "they" say). Currently however there is easy way to model this without creating a whole new variant of the Centauro just for that purpose, which is not exactly efficient so it will require further improvements first.

For example, in the armor model there could be a flag on certain ammo compartments that it is "stored ammo", where when the stored ammo == 0 then all damage from that area would be ignored. This would allow a mission designer to load Leopard 2s (for example) with no stored ammo so that the explosive hull ammo compartment can be ignored, and as such, the tank would be less vulnerable at the expense of less ammo. This is similar to what would/should be done to allow troops to be carried in the Centauro. Sorry for the technical mumblo jumbo but I was just thinking out loud.

Guest Killjoy
Just a reminder

leopard1a5_3.403_002.jpg

There's something about that turret that makes that tank look like a mean son of a b*tch. :)

@Volcano

There is definitely no need to apologize for the technicalities, I am only happy to have received an explanation and to see that the requests in here are thought through and concidered, yet another quality mark of this already magnific sim :)

I do see the problem and the extra work load compared to what is gained and I respect your standpoint.

The Centauro is a funny vehicle in this way, so simple and yet so complicated, it sort of fits into many situations and yet not really fullfillably in any because of that one little thing, but I like its implementation in the sim.

Thanks for your reply.

There's something about that turret that makes that tank look like a mean son of a b*tch. :)

it looks like a real tank! .....not like the over hung sci fi starship like c... produced by some other countries

just pure simple German quality hardware, Quadratisch, Practisch, Gut :thumbup: hehehehe

There are 3 of them sitting without tracks half way to the next town, there was 1 a couple of weeks ago but there arrived another 2 last week. I wonder if they are getting them ready for the open day at the base this summer Hmmmm.

will the infantry use different shooting posistions,ie,kneeling,standing.i think that would be a good addition other than always prone,in which 90% of the time you can see a thing.how about a patrol mode where inf patrol a point swalking or sentry mode where the stand a a check point?just a thought.:biggrin: