Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

They are Belgian, I am uncomfortable about taking pictures through a fence into an active military base, I had the camera with me tonight but I could not take any pictures, especially as I am not Belgian!

:)

If I go past tomorrow and see any one I will ask permission.

• Members

Underwater fording will require a 20 minute preparation. It is unlikely that this would be done under fire. Therefore we saw no need to implement such a feature. The air intake point of Leopards are set to the commander's hatch (ca. 2.20m), based on the rationale that the deep-fording capability can be accomplished with minimal preparation time.

When dealing with water obstacles this will already give Leos a substantial advantage in SB Pro scenarios over, say, an M1 with only about 80cm fording depth.

The steep river embankments were implemented due to Z buffer issues (shimmer effect of water surface and river bottom, if both are relatively close to each other). There is no real solution to get around this actually (except bigger Z buffers, which isn't configurable but a graphics card hardware imposed limit). Once that we add some transparency to water surfaces however, the shimmer effect might become visually acceptable.

We will look again into this matter as soon as we have updated the visuals for water bodies.

Is there a wish list for SB Editor?

What I would like to see in the editor, is the ability to use the same type of building (for example a one story house) but able to change the outside skin of the building. When the designer adds the building he can right click on the side of the building and through selections he can make the change to a different skin for it. Right now when you use the same type of building they all have the same skin. It would be nice to have the building not all look the same.

I suspect both of those are outside the scope of a "tactical" sim from the timeframe perspective.

If you want the fighting position to be that well prepared you have had it developed for a very long time. Also if its on the back of a slope it represents time wasted compared to other engineering works.

Also unsure if you know but you can already specify if the spoil from the fighting position is cammed or not in the Mission Editor?

Similar to the "Volcano". Its not going to be with the forward defensive positions but rather part of the main engineering effort at the main position.

Lanes in minefields (the main part certainly built by Volcanoes some time before) forward, as is SB's usual area of interest, tend to be closed by FASCAM (or maybe heliborne volcano).

ah, there's one thing that I would like to ask about. Would it be possible in a future update to get a fully modelled turret on the NZLAV? I mean with full interior, or will it remain the way that it is now?

Well unless the NZDF pays for it, I suspect not.

And since they have had a 25% budget cut ...

• Members
Can you please post a screenshot of it? I remember for the life of me trying to set it up in the mission editor and not getting any different results than a normal fighting position.

Right-click the emplacement after you created it, and then change its properties. With "camo" activated, it will adopt the texture of the surrounding terrain.

Would it be feasible to make some cars/trucks as scenery objects like the buildings? That way a map could be populated inherently and "civilian" units wouldn't show up on the map. (Not sure how this would affect load times, though.)

I think it would bring a bit more immersion to the game. I imagine there'd be a few cars still sitting around, even in a war zone. As it is, some cities feel like some kind of post-apocalyptic ghost town.

*Edit: A search revealed that this has been mentioned before (and I have duly noted Ssnake's response), but I'd like to add myself to the list of ppl who'd like to see this.*