Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I really really would love to see Leopard 2A6 with interior in game.

I know there seems to be the Spain's equivalent of Leopard 2A6 but it's just not the same.

Aside from that an interior for the T-72 would be great.

Playable T-80 with interior would be great too.

T-90 tank as AI would be great too.

• Members
_--__[]KITT;217359']I really really would love to see Leopard 2A6 with interior in game.

Well' date=' but [i']which one?

The only Leo 2A6 that we have in Steel Beasts is the Spanish variant, and that one does come with a 3D interior. How isn't that "the same" as ... what, exactly?

Besides, I daresay that the Spanish Leopardo 2E is actually better than the Dutch or German variant. Which leaves the Greek and the Canadian 2A6 as the remaining contenders.

Playable T-80 with interior would be great too.

Yeah... and wouldn't it be even more wonderful to know its fire control system to begin with.

Well, but which one?

The only Leo 2A6 that we have in Steel Beasts is the Spanish variant, and that one does come with a 3D interior. How isn't that "the same" as ... what, exactly?

Besides, I daresay that the Spanish Leopardo 2E is actually better than the Dutch or German variant. Which leaves the Greek and the Canadian 2A6 as the remaining contenders.

Ah yeah I know we have the Spanish version. then it's just a matter of making a duplicate and little variations to making the German 2A6 then.

German 2A6 is just more popular.

Yeah... and wouldn't it be even more wonderful to know its fire control system to begin with.

Ah yeah that. Can't you just send Tacbat enlisting into their tank division and come back with the fire control information :biggrin:

Yes as Grenny says the T72 interior is modeled, and very well at that :)

here's a link to a video showing it off a bit.

The T-72 has a fully modeled interior...so that one's allready checked ;-)

Hey thanks didn't know that

I did post a mod which changes the interior of the 2E to your choice of German or Swedish. Might help the immersion factor a bit. It's available here.

There are also some 2A6 exterior skins in the same section.

Thanks, would be great if they just make the 2E duplicate with necessary adjustments and voila we'll have German 2A6 :) but that will do just fine I guess.

Well, but which one?

I would think that the Grecian variant would take priority due to the number of units in operation. Canadian variant would be my choice since it would be in English or French. (Hopefully English or both, not fluent in French, just English and Japanese.)

(Love the Leopard 2E, I know some Spanish.)

Or... just bring out the German 2A7. ^.^

Canadian variant would be my choice since it would be in English or French. (Hopefully English or both, not fluent in French, just English and Japanese.)

Well I don't know what would be in English in a German made tank:confused:.

Maybe, I think Canadian made comms and nav system will be, but for the hard ware (tank) it will be in German, as we leased them from Germany, then beat them to hell in the desert:decu:, and then bought other A4's to send back to Germany to be brought up to the A6M standard to return them as per our lease agreement.

It's all in the fine print (German I think:cul:).

Don´t forget some "Cold War Equipment" like this one:

800px-Leopard1_Bundeswehr_1983.jpg

;-=

Yeah... it's much more immersive to have some old antenna types on house roofs. During the cold war people did not have satellite dish antennae, like nowadays! Maybe make it an option in the map editor: house equipped with an old antenna, or a sattelite dish!

• Members
Played a bit with different obstacles... If vehicle hits a landmine, exact boundaries of the minefield are appearing on the map. Is it possible to reduce such behavior and force player to apply more efforts to recon precise obstacle location?

No. My recommendation to mission designers is to break up each obstacle into many small ones to force the player to perform proper reconnaissance on the obstacle. It's a workaround, sure, but one that works. ;)