Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

In the sense they work like radios.

You have to sintonize them, and when you speak everybody in that frecuency hears you. No more TS whispers.

Examples are BMS Falcon 4, with in-game support via IVC or DCS with a external program call T.A.R.S. that makes the same using Team Speak for communication.

In even adds things like distance, line of sight, but I have enough with working radios. Perfect if they have presets :-)

In the sense they work like radios.

You have to sintonize them, and when you speak everybody in that frecuency hears you. No more TS whispers.

Examples are BMS Falcon 4, with in-game support via IVC or DCS with a external program call T.A.R.S. that makes the same using Team Speak for communication.

In even adds things like distance, line of sight, but I have enough with working radios. Perfect if they have presets :-)

Well just pass the hat around and snap up a license for this:

http://www.ifad.dk/Products/IRAS.aspx

Please let us be able to drive under overpasses!

If you have radios, you need a command Wagon, FV436, Sultan or M577

Constant white noise, Luke warm tea simulator, annoying Junior Officer model and random Polish Taxi company radio breaking onto the net. Leave windows to your game room open and chew boiled sweets for 12 hours for the full effect.

If your going to do Simulated Cam Net deployment your going to need random bits of string around your mouse/Joystick that are tied to small children, cats or a wandering old person so they get pulled and snagged on everything. Ideally this should be used in conjunction with the radio system. Also have your PC powered by a Generator with a random amount of fuel in it depending on difficulty setting.

If you have radios, you need a command Wagon, FV436, Sultan or M577

Constant white noise, Luke warm tea simulator, annoying Junior Officer model and random Polish Taxi company radio breaking onto the net. Leave windows to your game room open and chew boiled sweets for 12 hours for the full effect.

If your going to do Simulated Cam Net deployment your going to need random bits of string around your mouse/Joystick that are tied to small children, cats or a wandering old person so they get pulled and snagged on everything. Ideally this should be used in conjunction with the radio system. Also have your PC powered by a Generator with a random amount of fuel in it depending on difficulty setting.

I can't quite put my finger on it but something tells me Nick is an ex signals guy.....:cul:

Yea, thats the reason I dont ask for "Radio Simulator Pro PE", just a field to introduce the frecuency so when I talk everybody in that frecuency hears me.

We can leave the funny stuff for later!:biggrin:

Sounds good but would this be any easier than arranging channels and whisper lists in TS? If so, how would it work? Just asking.....

Sounds good but would this be any easier than arranging channels and whisper lists in TS? If so, how would it work? Just asking.....

Well, not much difference infact. IRL you usually don't fiddle with the frequencies, but switch to preset channels. If you choose to broadcast on a frequency of your choosing, its likely your S6 will strangle you with the headset-cord as soon as he gets his hands on you ;-)

Funny stuff aside.........Your probably talking about something like ACRE for ARMA, which actually does a pretty good job of simulating Combat Net Radio, with channels frequencies etc for Squad Platoon Company Command nets etc.

Teamspeak can be used to do similar so SB probably dosnt need a specific new feature there's some good stuff out there already if you know where to look.

It works really easy. You just agree to a channel list

Battle group Net = channel 100

Company B net = channel 120

Platoon 3 net = channel 123

Combat support net = channel 200

You have one radio in your unit net (platoon for example) and the other in the superior level net (company). If I have to talk to the fire officer change one of the radios to his channel. Yo dont have to prepare whispers. He will be able without any work to hear you and answer

Also, allows for flexibility. If a prepared my whispers to be in platoon 2/Company A, and then it is necessary for organization to move to other unit or level in the hierarchy you just sintonize new channels, don have to create new whispers. I you want two platoons to work together just tell them to share a channel

Now, implementing it as a Team Speak module should be easy, without any need to modify SB (I am sure of this because as I dont know how to do it, it is surely easy :))

We just need a module that lets you asign presets to your diferent radios:

Intercom: Preset one-preset 2- preset 3...

Radio 1: Preset one-preset 2- preset 3...

Radio 3: Preset one-preset 2- preset 3...

Yo can set each preset to whatever channel you want

Radio 1:

Preset one - channel 700

Preset two - channel 213

We need hotkeys to select the preset for each radio from within SB and hotkeys to talk in each radio, just as the whispers work now.

The final result is that you have all people in TS in the same channel. No necessity to create an specific tree of channels for the mission. Everybody together.

Then when you talk in your radio all the people that have the same channel "sintonized" in one of their radios hears you. Thats all.

How about adding some animals Cows. Sheep. Dogs.

I really do believe it adds to the Emerson.

I suppose some will say there only a novelty and not worth the effort

I would disagree. we already know were getting none combatants in the next upgrade.

Dogs roaming around the streets. is some thing you always see in war-torn urban Areas.

+1

But not pets, wild animals would be appreciated, like warhog, deer, etc.

That remembers me some old tankers' stories when thermal was first introduced... animals were really endangered in the firing range...:biggrin:

LOL that reminds me of a time when i was training some new guys, on the thermal, in the Royal Danish National Guard (Hjemmeværnet), they followed 2 deers for over three hours in the woods, thinking they was the enemy.

The next day the lesson was in "Thermal signatures" :biggrin:

P.S.

They were superb in tactical movement and stealth, the deers never knew they was there.

LOL that reminds me of a time when i was training some new guys, on the thermal, in the Royal Danish National Guard (Hjemmeværnet), they followed 2 deers for over three hours in the woods, thinking they was the enemy.

The next day the lesson was in "Thermal signatures" :biggrin:

P.S.

They were superb in tactical movement and stealth, the deers never knew they was there.

Nice!

Definately a pro to such addition. Animals, civies ENY, ALY. That would be more complexe than just shooting thermal silhouettes.