Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

awe·some

[aw-suhm] Show IPA

noun

eSim

adjective

inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear; causing or inducing awe: an awesome sight.

showing or characterized by reverence, admiration, or fear; exhibiting or marked by awe.

Slang. very impressive: That new white convertible is totally awesome.

Our ability to include wishes listed in this thread is minimal at this point as the code freeze is rapidly approaching, after which it's mostly a matter of testing and fixing bugs, or fleshing out things with more content (=no development risk). That said, you will find many elements from this thread in the new version. Not everything, but a lot.

Hi Ssnake, thanks for the update! Your comments on whether contents from the wish list are minimal or many is a bit contradictory. Please clarify.

Edit: Nevermind, I just had to read more carefully. Previously, I wasn't comprehending the part mentioning "at this point". I take it you included a lot during development, but cannot add any more because time has run out to do so.

This just as some little info about what we're doing at the moment. Volcano has done an incredible job with new sounds and the daily grind of integrating new 3D artwork and the associated quality control. The artists have left almost no 3D element without a brush-up. There have never been as many new vehicles, never been as many new playable vehicles than in this upgrade. Dozens of contributors submitted new scenarios, map files, localization packages, tutorial PDF documents, tutorial scenarios, and more.

Wow, just wow. Looking forward to it! How much will this upgrade cost?

Edit: Also, what are the recommended hardware specs going to be?

Edited by Scrapper_511

Great news about the update.

Nils & Eisen

About extra variables, with the mission I'm working on each X variable except for a handful deal with one squad of infantry, so as to give them random positions on a block in the main town on the map. Each squad connected to an X variable has 4 possible positions to choose from. Ambushes also have random positions but use the "new" variables to save on the others. Two X variables are saved for attacks on the blue force, at least 1 of which also has 4 different paths. The methods you describe wouldn't seem to fill the need in this case, perhaps I'm mistaken.

The reason for using the independent variables as I have been is to have more control over the chances of which unit goes down which path. Perhaps this is due a lack of understanding of the editor, or an unimaginative mind on my part, but it gets the job done. For me more independent variables would be useful.

t72alatexb0.jpg

After Ssnake's recent announcment I started browsing through this thread and came upon dejawolf's picture here. I noticed the artwork on the IR light next to main gun. It looks like a trail passing through between two mountains. Does it represent the Fulda Gap? Guessing wildly here.

I found out by accident that pressing the [T] key while in map view cycles through the terrain, briefing, score, etc. A quick skim of the manual and I didn't see mention of it, maybe I missed it.

But anyway, after realizing this I thought, "Hmm...wonder if the [R] key will turn off routes." -Nope. So, I'd like to see this implemented if possible. Also, the key for info & maybe [A] for arty (although I don't think I've ever flipped that switch.)

Not a must have...it would just allow me to do a little more without having to let go of my joystick to reach for my mouse. Nine times out of ten if I do let go of the J/S, it's to do something with the map.

I'd like to have the standard 'fligh-sim-check your buttons' in settings. ex. press firebutton, and it scrolls to the function of that button.. being out of the game for more then 6 month, made me forget my 'ingeniously planned' (and easy to forget, when you play a lot of flight sims too) setup!

...I don't see diagrams of the reticules there?

Give us the diagrams and field of view angles, and we'll see what we can do.

It is probably too late for the next version but I'm wondering whether this would actually suffice for your needs.

Baigish BPO 7x30 russian military binoculars

Has picture of actual reticle. If the web page disapears, I can send you the picture of the reticle since I have saved it.

http://www.army-store24.de/Baigish-Military-marine-/-nautic-binoculars-7X50-with-illuminated-compass

and then the review and more specs...

http://www.holgermerlitz.de/kronos10x50.html

As tensions rise with North Korea, I was wondering if I could put in a request for one or two extra maps of the DMZ. A couple of good areas I feel are around [37º56' N, 126º41 E] -ish and/or [38º19' N, 127º13' E] -ish. Of course, no reason to unless there is enough demand for it, and of course after the next major patch if time permits.

As tensions rise with North Korea, I was wondering if I could put in a request for one or two extra maps of the DMZ. A couple of good areas I feel are around [37º56' N, 126º41 E] -ish and/or [38º19' N, 127º13' E] -ish. Of course, no reason to unless there is enough demand for it, and of course after the next major patch if time permits.

This can be done anytime if you have a Pro Version.

If you ask someone with a pro version veeeery sweetly.

With the correct information (the coordinates of the corners of the map area) they should be able to spin off a height map for you without much effort (I believe) and you can then populate it with buildings roads etc.

• Members
Hm actually I don't think so, since you cannot select the side - you can in MP scenarios, but not in single player mode.

You can "host" a network session with yourself as the sole participant and then select a Red vehicle ... = single player mode (for all practical purposes), on Red side.