Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Ability in sce editor to add "cleared fields of fire" in the terrain, like an emplacement, but it would remove most undergrowth and trees from an area. Maybe in a scalable cone shaped fashion (maybe similar to unit FOW at waypoints with tactics)?

Oh yes, and in the map editor the theme "palette" could be expanded to cover more than 2 types of forest (default con and dec). Adding a box "is forest" would make any theme item forest type terrain (can choose the woods that grow in it)...? And adding a box "is swamp" would make any item look like swamp in the map view. Possibility to have a theme item that is both swamp and forest this way...

Expand the number of items (="theme palette colours") available in one theme for more diverse terrain possibilities.

I can see that. Would be nice to be able to button up the crew when you know you're about to enter a fire fight though, even if it's for just a minute. Would lose fewer commanders that way I think. But I can agree with you as well, it is nice to have the AI choose too.

I can see that. Would be nice to be able to button up the crew when you know you're about to enter a fire fight though, even if it's for just a minute. Would lose fewer commanders that way I think. But I can agree with you as well, it is nice to have the AI choose too.

Well they do do that.

They wait till the rounds start flying though

no,i wonder if NBC attacks will be possible next upgrade?

Well again with a bit of thinking you can replicate these with penalty zones now.

Sure you wont get the flash, overpressure and mushroom cloud graphics (not that there would be much point as your role in the scenario would end pretty much straight away if you were too close to any of those three), but you can certainly create penalty zones that inflict X% casualties on dismounts and a smaller damage % on AFV that you can activate by event/trigger/condition.

Those %s can rise as you get closer to wherever ground zero was.

Similarly you can have the zone only active for a certain period to reflect non persistent agents, etc.

Just because there isn't a button in the Mission Editor to say "place 15KT blast here" as some sort of mega IED, doesn't mean you can't replicate its effects.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Members

Interestingly some army guys have approached us and asked if we could add certain NBC hazards to our scenarios. Our answer was that it's doable and if they would be so kind to write up a list of things they'd like to see if we were to do it. We'll see if anything will come from this.

But you won't see anything of this kind in SB Pro PE 3.0 ... beyond what you can already do with penalty zones etc. as described above.