Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

What about more flexibility in the mission editor?

For exemple being able to edit the code generated by the conditions/events/trigger/vehicle-state interface would be a usefull addition for the editor imo (the current feature is quite easy to use but can be very clumsy when lot of conditions or events exist...)

• Members
What about more flexibility in the mission editor?

Not sure if I understand the full implications of your idea. But ease of use is a very important factor for the mission editor. We sacrificed some of the flexibility in favor of making scenario creation more popular overall.

I think he is after a command prompt option where you can edit the logic in addition to the current GUI.

The command prompt/editor option I guess to provide more "power" / "flexibility" to those who know how to use it.

Yup, precisely what I meant, a kind of "basic"/"advanced" mission editor setting allowing more scripting to scenariis.

Here is a basic exemple of the limitation (i dont remember if it's 3 or 4 events per condition) :

Event 1 : 1A reached checkpoint 1

Event 2 : 1B reached checkpoint 2

Event 3 : 1C reached checkpoint 3

Event 4 : 1D reached checkpoint 4

Event 5 : 1E reached checkpoint 5

Ideal Condition 1 : if(event 1 and event 2 and event 3 and event 4 and event 5)is true, 1F proceeds to checkpoint 6 and fire-mission starts at reference point 6

With the current GUI, we have to do the following :

Event 6 : Is true if Event 1 and Event 2 and Event 3 is true

Event 7 : Is true if Event 4 and Event 5 is true

Then condition 1 is true if Event 6 and Event 7 is true.

=> Artillery fire on reference point 6 is summoned, 1F proceeds to cp 6

That doesnt look much here, but if you add much more events & conditions, it gets much more muddled.

Adding multimedia objects like sounds could be great too (both local sound heard around one coordinate only (for exemple emergency siren) and general sound like radio communication) but i'd be already very pleased with an advanced editor ;)

If we talk about new vehicles, M1A2 is all i expect - with as much new systems ( CITV included or, by some miracle, IVIS)

Anything beyond - is pure bonus.

If I can daydream i would ask for T-80 as well (with proper documentation and tutorial) :drink:

As for the other type of improvements - map should be in high res with better contours.

Gfx improvements are atm last what i want - it is already functional and has decent look , even for 2013.

I think it's interesting that a lot of the wishes here are infantry related. I feel as if there is a shift from tank-on-tank focus towards an infantry support role. I wonder if the upcoming upgrade will reflect this.

I'm still stuck in the Cold War however and no matter the case, I'm sure purely tank-on-tank scenarios can still be had.

I didn't mind the infantry sprites so much, but now that they have become 3D, I hope they can be implemented to occupy vehicle crew positions.

I think it's interesting that a lot of the wishes here are infantry related. I feel as if there is a shift from tank-on-tank focus towards an infantry support role. I wonder if the upcoming upgrade will reflect this.

I'm still stuck in the Cold War however and no matter the case, I'm sure purely tank-on-tank scenarios can still be had.

I didn't mind the infantry sprites so much, but now that they have become 3D, I hope they can be implemented to occupy vehicle crew positions.

I would agree with you.

I have to say i have shifted my focus from Tanks to IFV's and APC's

In the last few months.

May be because Soviet VU and UK Armour train with both we take turns commanding both.

One thing i would love to see added is the infantry using the firing ports on the BMP

I know the originally Bradley also had the capacity. But it was removed on later models.

Best Infantry Support Tank is Leo 1 with Cast Turret:

- Room for 6 (max of 8) Man at the Back (with Seat Heating !!)

- Communication Box on the Back

- Can Fire HESH, Smoke and 7,62 at short Ranges

- Easy to crawl on and (jump) off

- As fast (or faster) as the most APC

- Big Side Exhaust for drying Closes or warming up Meals

- Big Transport Cases at Turret Back to transport Backpacks

- No ERA or active Armor

- Only ~ 45 to of weight

PB127621.JPG.b972368a56d1060679d18feca29

PB127621.JPG.b972368a56d1060679d18feca29

- No ERA or active Armor

- Only ~ 45 to of weight

What about the Best IFV around for many years. the Marder

Weld on a couple handholds and it's golden, Eisenschwein. Your ability to insert the Leo 1 (cast turret, natürlich) into anything is an inspiration to me. :drink:

Marko, I think you'll find that the Marder has one grevious flaw... not a Leopard 1 with Cast Turret. ;) It would be very good to see a Marder, though, round out the combined arms team for the BW a bit.

But as far as contemporary training requirements are concerned, infantry plays much bigger role.

Have your professional customers shown the same interest for more articulate infantry as well?

Edit: Also, since this next update seems to be a very significant one, I was wondering if SB is being considered to be sold in retail outlets once again. Presumably, all the new eye candy would attract the more casual gamer.

Edited by Scrapper_511

- No ERA or active Armor

- Only ~ 45 to of weight

Sold! Where can I buy one? :biggrin:

- No ERA or active Armor

- Only ~ 45 to of weight

Tank riders would be pretty cool in SB.

Sold! Where can I buy one? :biggrin:

I think Australia are selling off their Leo 1s.

(Not Cast Turret, but the next best thing)

Do they allow private sales to collectors in Australia.

I wonder what the leo-1 would cost decommisined.

As I recall they (The RAAC or their appointed disposal agent) sold you the tank as is when it left service.

Working gun, radios, all the Gucci classified gear, Lt Col Gibson would be familiar with. :)

You (The purchaser) had to finance the conversion of said tank by the Army (or appointed) mechanics to carry out the decommissioning work, I.E. Deactivation of the Weapon Systems, removal of sensitive components etc.

You (The purchaser) also had to arrange shipping from Darwin Army base, where the Leopards were stored after the M1 came online.

And there is the small mention of taxes.

(Personally, I would have bought a recovery Leopard.)

Reposting a suggestion made in another thread as per tacbats helpful comment:

Is it possible to change the colours of the messages you get from your units at the bottom of the screen?

As of now, they're all red. I'd like to see contact reports and "taking fire/lost vehicle"-messages in another colour, to highlight them against all the "advancing to checkpoint"-messages. Sure, you get the audio, but additional highlighting wouldn't hurt - especially since the callsign isn't part of the audio message.

As a suggestion, grey for routine messages, white for events-messages (as it is now), and red for contact-reports and taking fire perhaps?

Reposting a suggestion made in another thread as per tacbats helpful comment:

Is it possible to change the colours of the messages you get from your units at the bottom of the screen?

As of now, they're all red. I'd like to see contact reports and "taking fire/lost vehicle"-messages in another colour, to highlight them against all the "advancing to checkpoint"-messages. Sure, you get the audio, but additional highlighting wouldn't hurt - especially since the callsign isn't part of the audio message.

As a suggestion, grey for routine messages, white for events-messages (as it is now), and red for contact-reports and taking fire perhaps?

I like that!