Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

A revolutionary System and the Dream of the Engineers..

and the Nightmare of the Mechanics and Maintenance Personal....

Not a Tank, a Assault Gun for defense Operations only.

I would like a Tank:

Defective Drivers??!

Got too many already, can we give them back now? :biggrin:

Well as of 1973, IDF tank gunners trained to hit enemy armour at 4,000m. Yes- 4,000m. The expected hit rate at that range was 33%.

Couple of things.

a.) It was only possible using the 105mm L7 gun, and very well characterised ammunition batches, types and natures.

b.) It was done from prepared firing ramps using very well prepared range cards.

c.) IDF tank gunners consumed about 3-7 times as much ammunition in training compared to NATO.

.... so basically an SB gunner, with none of those constraints (and all the assistance) should be able to be just as good. :biggrin:

Elsewhere: According to 'Duel for the Golan', six Israeli Sherman tanks - part of a local Home Guard unit that had been formed only a few days before the war stood off and traded fire across the anti-tank ditch with seven Syrian T54s for 20 minutes without either side scoring a single hit. :)

THATS what I call style.

Now I know what to get for our officers club :-)

Nein Nein Nein,

Sie ist ein Deutschlander.

You want a Marder or a Leopard 2A4

(Or maybe even a CT Leopard 1, shhh!!)

M113 is American. :P

My suggestion, take the turret off, engine out, (More space for Beer!) and build decking around where you park/install it. A "high level" Bar :)

You can see how much room there is, putting a Leo in that space would leave no room for the patrons. :)

Aha, but this is the officer's club, tis the size of an aircraft hanger!! (Or at least it bloody well should be!!) :)

Okay Okay.

How about bar stools made from/based on the road wheels of aforementioned vehicles?

After the Iron Curtain was lifted, some of the Soviet plans were revealed as expected, sacrificing even WP nations to a nuclear battlefield, if necessary.

I'll never look at my Cold War era wargames the same way again. I won't even entertain those 120 turn campaigns anymore. :wink:

add to my list:

-in "game" radio communication engine / radio operating procedures. Like in Falcon BMS 4.32 or ARMA x realism mod. (I thin this mod will highly raise the multiplayer battle simulation level)

-fully clickable interior, every switch and button has a function and it is operational.

-visible crews in tank (if the troops are visible in the bradley (or any transport vehicle) why not visible the tank crew?)

I'll add another feature I'd want to see:

- The ability to move dug-in battle-positions around in deployment zones during the planning phase, to simulate preparing your own defenses. (Give the scenario editor an option to turn this on and off)

I'll add another feature I'd want to see:

- The ability to move dug-in battle-positions around in deployment zones during the planning phase, to simulate preparing your own defenses. (Give the scenario editor an option to turn this on and off)

Aehm, you can allready do that.